Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.70 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: chrome
Forum: Unicycling September 28th 08, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By chrome
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

I was out riding a footpath. I was getting kind of rubber legged from
pushing my riding distance and I had a little trouble with my free
mount.
A guy sees that I'm having trouble, and offers "hey...
Forum: Unicycling September 22nd 08, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By chrome
New to the sport...

I've used the wall method, and the chain link fence method. I either
case, wear gloves of some sort to protect your hands. Once you can do
consecutive revolutions, the wall or fence can be skimmed...
Forum: Unicycling April 11th 08, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 41
Posted By chrome
Framebuilding questions

I bought my tubing from novacycles.com

They're an excellent source for steel tubing, also Titanium.

Cheers and good luck with your frame!

Cr

--
Forum: Unicycling March 3rd 08, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13

Hey hungry4uni, how are liking the Hookworm? I picked one up at a LBS
and want to replace my worn Duro Wildlife Leopard for pavement
cruising...how many p.s.i are you running in it?

Cr

--...
Forum: Unicycling February 2nd 08, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By chrome
what makes this unicycle female?

Difficult to mount, but a fun ride once you get her going....

--
chrome
chrome's Profile:...

Wow, lots of good information!

I'm thinking that I like the Q-Factor of my Moments, so I'm leaning
toward the KH 125mm's.

Cr.

--
chrome
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 08, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I'm currently running 165mm Moments on my 26" uni.

What would be a good length for cruising around on flat pavement (125,
137, 150mm)? How about the dual hole cranks?

I'd like to get in some...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 08, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 54
Posted By chrome
Issues...

You're really close to getting it. Maybe try to ride along the fence,
rather than away from it. You can use the fence as a support if you
start to lose it.

What helped me with some really good tips...
Forum: Unicycling November 3rd 07, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By chrome
How did you learn?

I learned by riding along a chain link fence next to a sidewalk.

When I lost my balance, I could grab through the fence and prevent a
fall, this was pretty bad for my fingers though, even with...
Forum: Unicycling October 30th 07, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By chrome
How long to learn free mounting?

I can see how the Right foot 9:00 and Left foot 3:00 would be the ideal
starting position.

I'm not quite coordinated enough (yet) to get there without rolling
back to 6:00 with my Right foot. I'm...
Forum: Unicycling October 29th 07, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By chrome
Are you 45+

My 26"er before putting on the Odyssey JC's. Pardon the thread-jack.

|Filename: Solstice (Medium) (2).JPG ...
Forum: Unicycling October 28th 07, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By chrome
Are you 45+

Back in August 2006...

A friend salvaged a 1970's Japanese 20" uni from the San Jose Flea
Market. He gave it to me kind of as a joke. I took it apart, cleaned
and polished it: put a tube, tire and...
Forum: Unicycling October 28th 07, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By chrome
How long to learn free mounting?

Currently, I'm trying to start from the 6:00 Right foot, 12:00 Left foot
position.

This seems like the most secure position for me, although this puts me
in the "dead spot", where its all about...
Forum: Unicycling October 28th 07, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By chrome
How long to learn free mounting?

I'm wondering how long it takes to learn to free mount consistently?

I usually try to get in at least a half hour practice session, a few
times a week. My 26" seems a little more difficult than...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 07, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By chrome
Upgrading a 26" to a 29" wheel

Ok, cool.
So now I'm thinking, if the difference between my current set-up and an
entire wheel build is about 1 1/2" of tire diameter. I have 165mm
cranks. Wouldn't it be more economical just to put...
Forum: Unicycling September 22nd 07, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By chrome
Upgrading a 26" to a 29" wheel

When I built my triangle frame uni, I left 2" of clearance between the
seat post and rear brace tubes. I currently have a Duro 26" X 3" tire
which has an outside diameter of ~28". My shaft collars...
Forum: Unicycling August 19th 07, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By chrome
Fixing a cracked carbon fiber seat base?

I've done a lot of fiberglass repair, mainly on my surf kayak, but the
principles are the same.

My mentor, a canoe and kayak builder, recommended using vinyl ester
resin for repair work because it...
Forum: Unicycling August 1st 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By chrome
Pedal recommendations?

I decided on the Odyssey JC's. They look like they're durable, and at a
good price point. I like the way the pins seat on the inside of the
pedal frame.

Cr.

--...
Forum: Unicycling July 31st 07, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By chrome
Pedal recommendations?

OK so I finally busted my plastic cheapo pedals and want to upgrade to
some real pinned pedals (with the option of removing/replacing pins).

I'm thinking Snafus look really good, I want to ride...
Forum: Unicycling July 21st 07, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By chrome
KH crank bolts

I've noticed that one of my crank bolts loosens up after riding. I'm
guessing that the crank arms need to settle in on the axle splines.
I've used the hex wrench on my crank extractor to torque it...
Forum: Unicycling July 3rd 07, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By chrome
My new MUni

After asking all the newbie questions, reading hundreds of posts, here's
the Muni that I wanted to build. I appreciate all the help and
information that Unicyclist.com has provided.

I laced and...
Forum: Unicycling May 28th 07, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By chrome
D.I.Y. thread

I'm building my own uni frame. The design is like the URT (unified rear
triangle) of my Gary Fisher Level Betty FH2, or kind of like a Hunter
frame. I'm spraying coats of primer now...

I'm being...
Forum: Unicycling May 13th 07, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 43
Posted By chrome
Cyclometers for Unicycling?

I'm wondering if anyone has found a good cyclometer for uni use? I'm
thinking a wired model wouldn't be safely visible while riding (without
mounting on a bar).

Do any of the wireless models give...
Forum: Unicycling March 8th 07, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By chrome
42mm Bearing clamp fabrication?

I appreciate the information.

A friend of mine has built like 15 or 20 MTBs. He's encouraging me to
build my own uni frame. I'll learn how to spoke and true my wheel. It
will be an opportunity to...
Forum: Unicycling March 6th 07, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By chrome
42mm Bearing clamp fabrication?

Cool! Which frame is your Moment hub in?

--
chrome
chrome's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12885