Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Forum: Techniques October 18th 06, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Not goatheads

wrote:

You may be thinking of tubular tires, which can creep in another
direction on hot rims,

Not even for a second was that in my mind.

Rejoice, I have experienced...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 06, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Not goatheads

wrote:
Hmmm . . . it may be a bad idea to ooze downhill dragging the rear
brake just to chat with a visiting friend.

To make your story short, if I got it right, your tyre...
Forum: Racing October 17th 06, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
anyone break a kneecap?

benjo maso wrote:
Anyhow, it had nothing to do with Michele Bartoli, who broke his kneecap in
the Tour of Germany in 1999, nor with the most famous case: Museeuw in
Paris-Roubaix 1998. Of...
Forum: Racing October 16th 06, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
25 injections per day?

Carl Sundquist wrote:
Jesus Christ. Talk about human pincushions.

That noise you hear is Vaughters backpedaling.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/oct06/oct16news

If I read...
Forum: Rides October 16th 06, 08:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Touring some Alps

wrote:
wash them, dry them with your hotel towl, finish it with the hairdryer
or take them in bed.

.... best under the pillow.

Yes, that's the drill. Wash them...
Forum: Rides October 14th 06, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Touring some Alps

Jan Lindstrom wrote:
Finally finished a rudimentary translation of my bike trip to the Alps.
Sorry for all you linquistically challenged, all the notes of the
pictures are in Finnish.

Nice...
Forum: Techniques October 11th 06, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
benotto from late 80`s

mariusz wrote:
hi there,
can anybody tell me what is the most likely date of production my
Benotto ?
And the second question : is this bicycle made in Italy or Mexico ?

I have never seen...
Forum: Rides September 26th 06, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Salzburg + southeast Germany

Between Merano and Bolzano if you follow plainly the signs you will
detour so many little villages and find yoursef into...
Forum: Rides September 26th 06, 11:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides

wrote:

Between Merano and Bolzano if you follow plainly the signs you will
detour so many little villages and find yoursef into unnecessary
tunnels.

Errata Corrige
I...
Forum: Rides September 26th 06, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Salzburg + southeast Germany

wrote:
Ken Roberts writes:
Let me talk about Italy
I do not remember navigating in Italy to be significantly harder or
easier than other European...
Forum: Rides September 25th 06, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Salzburg + southeast Germany

Ken Roberts wrote:
I have not found navigation in Europe harder than in USA, and in one way
easier -- based on riding so far in France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria,
Germany, Spain, and a day in...
Forum: Racing September 24th 06, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
World Raod Champioships - USA Results!!!

Joe King wrote:
World Raod Championships - CM
Salzburg, Australia, September 20-24, 2006
Race 6 - September 24: Elite men's raod race, 265.8 km
USA Results

If that would help you feel...
Forum: Rides September 23rd 06, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Salzburg + southeast Germany

Ken Roberts wrote:

* the number of people we saw out bicycling on weekdays was amazing. I don't
know where people got the idea that Italy was a big bicycling country
compared with this,

I...
Forum: Rides September 22nd 06, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
favorites in mountains of Switzerland

Ken Roberts wrote:
Sergio wrote about passes closed in late spring:
beautiful to ride up when the road is still closed, up higher, and
so carries no through traffic. I like to do that every...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 06, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
seatpost close but not quite...OK?

Mark Hickey wrote:

Bad idea. 0.2mm seems like almost nothing, but trying to compress the
diameter of that seat tube clamp an extra 0.2mm beyond its designed
limits takes a LOT of torque. You...
Forum: Rides September 22nd 06, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
favorites in mountains of Switzerland

wrote:

For everybody: in Ulrichen there is a very convenient Lager for
tourists; in fact I have seen a flock of some 20 germ ans arrive on
their bikes and...
Forum: Rides September 21st 06, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
favorites in mountains of Switzerland

wrote:
Sergio Servadio writes:
That is true only for the new (Autobahn) route. The old road is open
to bicycles from Göschenen to Airolo and the new one from...
Forum: Rides September 21st 06, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
favorites in mountains of Switzerland

Roberto Divia wrote:

* Grimsel for lakes + dams
This one is in my next year's planning.

There is one thing I regret not doing, though I passed by the Grimsel
so many times.
Taking up th road,...
Forum: Rides September 21st 06, 10:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
favorites in mountains of Switzerland

Hi Ken,
a few comments.
- The Nufenen runs north to south, more than east to west.
- Police does allow cyclists on both the north and the south
(spectacular!) side of San Gottardo.
- I was...
Forum: Rides September 19th 06, 09:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
how was your weather?

Ken Roberts wrote:
with the same glacier in the first photo on this page
http://roberts-1.com/t/b06/mb
taken two weeks ago

Care to expand a bit and tell us more about your journey?

Sergio
Pisa
Forum: General September 19th 06, 09:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
how was your weather?

Ken Roberts wrote:
with the same glacier in the first photo on this page
http://roberts-1.com/t/b06/mb
taken two weeks ago

Care to expand a bit and tell us more about your journey?

Sergio
Pisa
Forum: Techniques September 13th 06, 08:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Lucky escape

wrote:
Going through a green light in the middle of the traffic lane

And, in what country did that happen, dear Carl?

Sergio
Pisa
Forum: Racing September 9th 06, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
OT Private message to Benjo

Benjo,
something is wrong with internet. My messages to you keep
bouncing back as undeliverable.

Sergio
Pisa
Forum: Rides August 31st 06, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Dream Vacation in Italy

Travel wrote:

. We offers the best farmhouses and agritourisms

Che palle!

Sergio
Pisa
Forum: Racing August 20th 06, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Was it worth it, Floyd ?

ha scritto:

Food for thought

The real question is: what was a fair estimate, and expectation, that
he might not be caught (in the hypothetical case that he was...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49