Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bobdobbs
Forum: Techniques October 9th 11, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By bobdobbs
folding bike for touring

I am a lifelong bike tourer contemplating buying a folding bike for
touring. Has anyone who has made the switch to a folding bike for long-
distance, self-contained touring had a positive experience?...
Forum: General November 23rd 09, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 31
Posted By bobdobbs
seeking water resistant cycling shoes

I'm looking for bicycle touring shoes that I can walk in and that are
also water resistant. I am not using clipless pedals. I've been using
some cool Shimanos and Lake shoes from the 1980's but...
Forum: General August 4th 09, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By bobdobbs
seeking touring route in west iowa

My longer trip was cancelled so am seeking instead a 1-2 week tour of
Western Iowa, on-road, like riding 30-60 miles a day, like small
towns, blue highways, historical sights and roadside...
Forum: General August 2nd 09, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By bobdobbs
bike on plane without box - experiences?

I am thinking of flying American or US Air with my bike unboxed.
First, they no longer provide boxes. Second, I am flying in and out of
different cities so don't want to ship in a bike suitcase i...
Forum: General August 26th 08, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By bobdobbs
car door liability

Would a motorist have any liability ff they were opened a parked car's
door and "car doored" you? Would you recommend getting the driver's
name, phone number and insurance policy #? I live in...
Forum: Techniques August 10th 08, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By bobdobbs
walkable bicycling shoes

On Aug 7, 2:27 am, "* * Chas" (remove
spamski to e-mail me) wrote:
wrote in message

Forum: General August 3rd 08, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By bobdobbs
portable hand cleaner

Looking for a small tube of waterless hand cleaner - the kind that
easily takes off chain grease. I can't seem to find this anywhere,
everything is too large to carry on a tour.
Forum: Techniques August 3rd 08, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By bobdobbs
walkable bicycling shoes

I do a lot of bike touring and my old (we're talking 30 years)
Shimanos are more tape than shoe. I am looking for recommendations on
a bike shoe that provides at least a reasonable amount of support...
Forum: Techniques May 1st 08, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By bobdobbs
coffee holder

My bike doesn't have braze-ons. I want to get some kind of a holder
(on handlebar or frame) to carry my coffee to work. I don't want to
put the coffee in a plastic bottle. Any suggestions for a...
Forum: Techniques January 17th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 48
Posted By bobdobbs
hand pump recommendation

On Jan 13, 3:21 pm, bobdobbs wrote:
seeking recommendation for a hand pump to replace the full-size frame
pump I've been using, would need something that fits into a...
Forum: General January 14th 08, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By bobdobbs
bike opportunities in caribbean?

Looking to spend 5-7 days on either Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Guadeloupe,
Aruba or Antigua. Would like to spend part of that time cycling,
either around the island or from a home base. I don't hear much...
Forum: Techniques January 13th 08, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 48
Posted By bobdobbs
hand pump recommendation

seeking recommendation for a hand pump to replace the full-size frame
pump I've been using, would need something that fits into a smallist
rear pack. recommendations/experiences/alternatives?
Forum: General July 20th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By bobdobbs
question on pannier mounting system - need parts for slide rail attachment

Have been touring for years with panniers which mount to rear rack
via
slide rail. Recently lost one of the bracket/clamp type mechanisms
holding the rack to the rail-mount attachment. Haven't been...
Forum: Techniques July 20th 07, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By bobdobbs
mounting attachment for panniers which slide on to rack

I contacted Blackburn but they were absolutely no help. The mounting
system does look something like the one in the first hyperlink, I'm
going to see if the attaching parts in the second link...
Forum: Techniques July 19th 07, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech