Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BicycleTutor
Forum: General September 18th 08, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By BicycleTutor
site down?

On Sep 17, 7:20*pm, " wrote:
kenkifer.com has been down since yesterday, AFAIK, and I was wondering
if anyone had any information regarding his...
Forum: Rides September 18th 08, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By BicycleTutor
Free CO2 Inflator/Pump Giveaway!

Marty from Genuine Innovations sent us a bunch of CO2 inflators (with
hand-pump) for a giveaway contest. I'll be sending out one each month
for the next six months. To enter and view the winners,...
Forum: Techniques September 18th 08, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By BicycleTutor
Free CO2 Inflator/Pump Giveaway!

Marty from Genuine Innovations sent us a bunch of CO2 inflators (with
hand-pump) for a giveaway contest. I'll be sending out one each month
for the next six months. To enter and view the winners,...
Forum: Social Issues September 18th 08, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By BicycleTutor
Free CO2 Inflator/Pump Giveaway!

Marty from Genuine Innovations sent us a bunch of CO2 inflators (with
hand-pump) for a giveaway contest. I'll be sending out one each month
for the next six months. To enter and view the winners,...
Forum: General September 18th 08, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By BicycleTutor
Free CO2 Inflator/Pump Giveaway!

Marty from Genuine Innovations sent us a bunch of CO2 inflators (with
hand-pump) for a giveaway contest. I'll be sending out one each month
for the next six months. To enter and view the winners,...
Forum: General August 27th 08, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By BicycleTutor
1,600+ Cool Bicycle Photos on Flickr!

The PedalZine group on Flickr has really taken off and there are now
over 1,600 amazing bicycle photos featured! If you've got some great
bicycle photography that hasn't yet been included, be sure to...
Forum: Techniques August 27th 08, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By BicycleTutor
Looking for Bicycle Mechanics

Hi all,

I recently set up some bicycle repair forums and I've been getting a
lot of good and often challenging questions posted. I'm realizing that
I can't always answer the questions as well as...
Forum: General July 23rd 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 2
Posted By BicycleTutor
NBC New York Coverage!

It seems bicycling is really taking off this season! I'm personally
hoping that the price of gas continues to rise, so we continue to get
great exposure like this (after the commercial):...
Forum: Social Issues July 23rd 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 2
Posted By BicycleTutor
NBC New York Coverage!

It seems bicycling is really taking off this season! I'm personally
hoping that the price of gas continues to rise, so we continue to get
great exposure like this (after the commercial):...
Forum: Rides July 23rd 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 2
Posted By BicycleTutor
NBC New York Coverage!

It seems bicycling is really taking off this season! I'm personally
hoping that the price of gas continues to rise, so we continue to get
great exposure like this (after the commercial):...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 2
Posted By BicycleTutor
NBC New York Coverage!

It seems bicycling is really taking off this season! I'm personally
hoping that the price of gas continues to rise, so we continue to get
great exposure like this (after the commercial):...
Forum: Rides May 14th 08, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By BicycleTutor
Spring Tune-Up Video

With summer just around the corner, a lot of people have been
requesting a general tune up tutorial. I just completed it, and I hope
you'll find it useful:

http://bicycletutor.com/tune-up/

There...
Forum: Techniques May 14th 08, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By BicycleTutor
Spring Tune-Up Video

With summer just around the corner, a lot of people have been
requesting a general tune up tutorial. I just completed it, and I hope
you'll find it useful:

http://bicycletutor.com/tune-up/

There...
Forum: Social Issues May 14th 08, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By BicycleTutor
Spring Tune-Up Video

With summer just around the corner, a lot of people have been
requesting a general tune up tutorial. I just completed it, and I hope
you'll find it useful:

http://bicycletutor.com/tune-up/

There...
Forum: General May 14th 08, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By BicycleTutor
Spring Tune-Up Video

With summer just around the corner, a lot of people have been
requesting a general tune up tutorial. I just completed it, and I hope
you'll find it useful:

http://bicycletutor.com/tune-up/

There...
Forum: Techniques February 29th 08, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By BicycleTutor
Wheel Truing Tutorial

On Feb 28, 4:29 pm, wrote:
On 28 Feb 2008 23:33:31 GMT, wrote:

Dear Jobst,

Other posters may not know that you're mistaken, so it's...
Forum: General February 29th 08, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 33
Posted By BicycleTutor
Wheel Truing Tutorial

You might be missing the point... If this tutorial helps one single
person true their own wheel, then it is far from hopeless.

I think that is generous criterion.

Jobst Brandt

Why...
Forum: Techniques February 29th 08, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 47
Posted By BicycleTutor
Wheel Truing Tutorial

You might be missing the point... If this tutorial helps one single
person true their own wheel, then it is far from hopeless.

I think that is generous criterion.

Jobst Brandt

Why...
Forum: Techniques February 28th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By BicycleTutor
Wheel Truing Tutorial

On Feb 28, 3:00 pm, (Michael Baldwin) wrote:

One note. Whenever referencing wheels, I prefer drive and non-drive
side versus right or left.

Thanks Michael, great tip. I...
Forum: Rides February 28th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
Replies: 5
Posted By BicycleTutor
Wheel Truing Tutorial

I hope the group finds this week's wheel truing tutorial useful. I
tried to cover all the aspects of truing without running overtime. I'd
love to hear what you...
Forum: Techniques February 28th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
Replies: 47
Posted By BicycleTutor
Wheel Truing Tutorial

I hope the group finds this week's wheel truing tutorial useful. I
tried to cover all the aspects of truing without running overtime. I'd
love to hear what you...
Forum: Social Issues February 28th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
Replies: 5
Posted By BicycleTutor
Wheel Truing Tutorial

I hope the group finds this week's wheel truing tutorial useful. I
tried to cover all the aspects of truing without running overtime. I'd
love to hear what you...
Forum: General February 28th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
Replies: 33
Posted By BicycleTutor
Wheel Truing Tutorial

I hope the group finds this week's wheel truing tutorial useful. I
tried to cover all the aspects of truing without running overtime. I'd
love to hear what you...
Forum: Social Issues February 20th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 15
Posted By BicycleTutor
An easy way to tell if your bearings are worn out.

Thanks Jobst,

I really appreciate your honest and critical assessments. At some
point I will be re-touching many of the tutorials using advice like
yours as a guide. Before Sheldon passed on, he was...
Forum: General February 20th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 16