Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.45 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marc
Forum: UK February 18th 08, 09:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Marc
Sunday Times article on cycling safety.

Garry from Cork wrote:
The chap who regularly writes a bit about cycling in the Sunday Times
was this week stressing the safety of cycling and said that one
cyclist was killed for every 20...
Forum: UK February 17th 08, 06:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Marc
BSO!

I want to use the term "Bike Shaped Object" for an OU essay I have to
write on marketing. Anyone know who coined it first and when?
Forum: UK February 7th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 436
Posted By Marc
More anti-cyclist discrimination.

®i©ardo wrote:
Brimstone wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Dogpoop ("Dogpoop" ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

Does it also apply to, 'If you are...
Forum: UK February 5th 08, 07:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Marc
Sarn- Bristol

Martin Dann wrote:
marc wrote:
Martin Dann wrote:
marc wrote:

College Green Centre, St George's Road, Bristol, BS1 5UA

It is probably less than a mile between the two,...
Forum: UK February 4th 08, 11:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Marc
Sarn- Bristol

Martin Dann wrote:
marc wrote:
Martin Dann wrote:
marc wrote:

Plus anyoen know what sort of ride it is from Temple Meads to City
of Bristol College?

There are multiple...
Forum: UK February 4th 08, 10:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Marc
Sarn- Bristol

Martin Dann wrote:
marc wrote:
I am about to embark (well in 2 weeks time) on my first multi modal
journey. I want to cycle to my local station ( Sarn) and catch a train
to get me to...
Forum: UK February 4th 08, 10:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Marc
Sarn- Bristol

Martin Dann wrote:
marc wrote:
I am about to embark (well in 2 weeks time) on my first multi modal
journey. I want to cycle to my local station ( Sarn) and catch a train
to get me to...
Forum: UK February 4th 08, 09:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Marc
Sarn- Bristol

I am about to embark (well in 2 weeks time) on my first multi modal
journey. I want to cycle to my local station ( Sarn) and catch a train
to get me to Bristol. I know I will have to change at...
Forum: UK February 4th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Marc
Sheldon Brown

Tim Hall wrote:
Just read this on acf:

An email just came in from the Massbike list. It's hard to know what
say:
Forum: UK February 1st 08, 11:42 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Marc
Crash cyclist concedes group risk

PK wrote:
"David Martin" wrote in message

If you get yourself insured then...
Forum: UK January 31st 08, 12:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Marc
Crash cyclist concedes group risk

Paul Boyd wrote:
Mark T said the following on 31/01/2008 10:45:

The weird thing is that he did avoid a collision, bravely staying at
the controls long enough to steer the doomed bicycle...
Forum: UK January 30th 08, 06:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Marc
Are you out there Mr Parris?

Roger Thorpe wrote:
Sir Jeremy wrote:
On 30 Jan, 16:27, David Hansen
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:36:57 -0000 someone who may be "Simon Mason"
Forum: UK January 30th 08, 12:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Marc
BBC1 Breakfast

Danny Colyer wrote:
On 29/01/2008 16:10, Ekul Namsob wrote:
He might well reasonably be able to offer the defence that he was
unaware of the accident.

Being unaware of having committed...
Forum: UK January 30th 08, 11:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Marc
Three reasons to hate cameron, red light jumper, smoker AND atory!

Rob Morley wrote:
In article , marc
says...

No-one else gets any benefit from smoking apart from the smoker , yet it...
Forum: UK January 29th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Marc
Sweet, sweet justice

PoB wrote:
"marc" wrote in message
| Ken wrote:

| Yes, I guess everyone in the country must have Get...
Forum: UK January 28th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Marc
Sweet, sweet justice

Ken wrote:
"Zog The Undeniable" wrote in message
marc wrote:

Wasn't in Newcastle, by a Mk2 Cortina ,driven by Jack Carter...
Forum: UK January 28th 08, 04:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Marc
Three reasons to hate cameron, red light jumper, smoker AND atory!

David Damerell wrote:
Quoting Mark :
Me too. However the worst place was restaurants IME. I've had many
meals ruined by someone lighting up right next to...
Forum: UK January 28th 08, 03:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Marc
Sweet, sweet justice

Bob wrote:
Mark T wrote:
Read this somewhere else, thought I'd post it on the off chance that
it's true (Pappa Sneeky is his slightly odd nickname)

Pappa Sneeky was cycling around...
Forum: UK January 28th 08, 03:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Marc
Bicycle-related science

D.M. Procida wrote:
Clive George wrote:

Even a
crank - for example why why not just one - will never
have been explained to them.

You mean, why not...
Forum: UK January 26th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Marc
re-using chains

news.virgin.net wrote:
"marc" wrote in message
news.virgin.net wrote:
Hi,
Anybody ever thought of...
Forum: UK January 26th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Marc
re-using chains

news.virgin.net wrote:
Hi,
Anybody ever thought of rotating all the pins in a chain 180 degrees to
get some more life out of a chain ?

Cheers,

Bruce.
Forum: UK January 26th 08, 05:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Marc
Three reasons to hate cameron, red light jumper, smoker AND atory!

Rob Morley wrote:
In article , marc
says...

Why do smokers never see their detritus as litter, is it because smoking...
Forum: UK January 26th 08, 12:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Marc
Three reasons to hate cameron, red light jumper, smoker AND atory!

wrote:
On Jan 25, 11:14�pm, Squashme wrote:
On Jan 25, 6:18 pm, big_one wrote:

"wafflycat"...
Forum: UK January 25th 08, 05:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 42
Posted By Marc
Three reasons to hate cameron, red light jumper, smoker AND atory!

Martin Dann wrote:
PK wrote:

But......the smoking ban was and is far more to do with the working
conditions of the bar staff.

IMHO the smoking ban was there to push the smokers...
Forum: UK January 25th 08, 04:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling