Showing results 1 to 25 of 142
Search took 0.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AndyMorris
Forum: UK September 5th 07, 11:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By AndyMorris
We don't dent, we die.

marc wrote:
cupra wrote:

Someone elsewhere spoke of the difference between car drivers and car
users - a driver shows care and consideration and respects all road
users, a car user is...
Forum: UK September 1st 07, 12:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By AndyMorris
More leniency on motorists

wrote:
My point was to question whether a driving ban (traditionally reserved
for driving offences) is in a different category penalties involving
loss of liberty or money. ...
Forum: UK August 29th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By AndyMorris
Trailercycles

Steve Hodgson wrote:
It seems that trailercycles (Tandem Trailer?) are recommended for
around 4 years and up. My daughter is just turning four and near the
limits for the rear seat we currently...
Forum: UK August 22nd 07, 01:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By AndyMorris
London cycle maps launched

spindrift wrote:
Launch of new cycling route maps

The latest maps give wider coverage
Cyclists can now get their hands on the latest set of free maps which
cover 4,000km of cycle routes...
Forum: UK August 22nd 07, 12:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By AndyMorris
John Redwood's Transport Plan- cyclists share pavements.

Daniel Barlow wrote:

Why not make the cars use the underpasses instead?

Why not make drivers stop, get out, press a button, wait a while for the
people to finnish using the road and then be...
Forum: UK August 22nd 07, 12:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By AndyMorris
John Redwood's Transport Plan- cyclists share pavements.

Paul Boyd wrote:

I live, ooh, about 20 yards from a pedestrian crossing on a busy main
road. Right outside my house every day I see people trying to cross
said main road, 20 yards from the...
Forum: UK August 17th 07, 12:35 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By AndyMorris
Considering a Kryptonite "Mini" U-lock

Brendan wrote:

Does anybody use a mini U-lock and how do you find it?

I've got one, It's a lot smaller than a full size u-lock, much easier to fit
in opackets or a bag. It sometmes take a...
Forum: UK August 15th 07, 12:54 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,086
Posted By AndyMorris
Criminals on TV

Trevor A Panther wrote:

So I stay on road and position me just as a motorist should! I reckon
that like that other vehicles have a fair chance of understanding
what I am doing!

Me too

--...
Forum: Techniques July 20th 07, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 86
Posted By AndyMorris
Bollards

DI wrote:

If a full sized SUV or Pickup Truck hit the Bollards like those
little toy cars did,

I'm sure your a really nice bloke, but stuff like that makes you sound like
an arrogant seppo.
Forum: UK July 18th 07, 12:32 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By AndyMorris
TdF *Spoiler*

Præthön wrote:
"elyob" wrote in message
Who let the dog out? (woof woof woof bang)
I can't believe how easily the carbon...
Forum: UK July 18th 07, 12:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.railway,uk.rec.waterways
Replies: 19
Posted By AndyMorris
Ride Report - Hebden Bridge to Rochdale by Dutch Roadster

Gibbo wrote:

Blimey!, not a mention of Rain or flooding anywhere. Darn Sarf here
we seem to think that anywhere 'ooop north is experiencing flooding
of biblical magnitudes;)

Forum: UK July 17th 07, 12:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By AndyMorris
When is a flat not a flat?

Roger Merriman wrote:
dkahn400 wrote:

On Jul 15, 11:26 am, (Roger Merriman) wrote:

no vice sadly also i'm worried about making a...
Forum: UK July 10th 07, 12:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By AndyMorris
Hmmm...

vernon wrote:

I'm girding my loins for my annual cycle tour when I'll be riding
60-80 miles perday for a fortnight cycle camping through France. A
nice steady pace, stopping whenever I...
Forum: Techniques July 6th 07, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By AndyMorris
building a wheel set

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Of course but a handmade truing stand made from scrap metal and credit
cards is not going to allow you to get the wheel w/i the
tolerances(true, dish,...
Forum: UK July 2nd 07, 01:14 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By AndyMorris
London to shut streets to cars

Erik Sandblom wrote:

I know I'm not supposed to say I'm afraid of car traffic. I'm
supposed to take the lane and be confident and read Cyclecraft
(haven't yet).
But I'm beginning to think...
Forum: UK July 2nd 07, 12:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By AndyMorris
Flying Scotsman

AndyMorris wrote:

I'm off tonight for the late showing

Just come back from seeing, for me it was a cracking film, slightly odd as I
was the only person watching. No sure how well it would...
Forum: UK July 1st 07, 04:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 391
Posted By AndyMorris
Interesting viewpoint

JNugent wrote:

Get an Allegro. It would suit your approach better.

And after all, car ownership is the measure of a man.

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK
Forum: UK July 1st 07, 04:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 391
Posted By AndyMorris
Interesting viewpoint

wrote:

Why is the "real world" often so hideously right-wing?

because right wing is about keeping power in the hands of the already
powerfull. This may not be the goverment,...
Forum: UK July 1st 07, 04:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 391
Posted By AndyMorris
Interesting viewpoint

Ace wrote:

But it's also true to say that the 'official' blame is apportioned on
rather dodgy evidence in many cases. To my mind, any
vehicle/pedestrian interface on a road, not on a...
Forum: UK July 1st 07, 04:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By AndyMorris
Flying Scotsman

wafflycat wrote:
Went to see it this evening. It's a magical, moving film. Highly
recommended.

I'm off tonight for the late showing

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK
Forum: UK July 1st 07, 03:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 38
Posted By AndyMorris
Cycling to work yesterday (Friday).

Simon Brooke wrote:

That one /really/ annoys me. They have to get past, because it's a
cyclist, and they /have/ to overtake cyclists. And as soon as they're
passed the brake furiously either...
Forum: UK June 29th 07, 01:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By AndyMorris
Rhyl verdict out

David Martin wrote:
On Jun 27, 5:41 pm, Matt B wrote:
Do you have an opinion on why they might /want/ to ""accidentally""
fail to bring the charge on...
Forum: UK June 26th 07, 12:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 220
Posted By AndyMorris
Law-abiding majority 'is a myth'

Peter Clinch wrote:

The roads are safe /enough/ for one to venture out onto them without
special measures like crash helmets, but that's really not the end of
the story. **** happens, and...
Forum: UK June 22nd 07, 01:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 78
Posted By AndyMorris
loud bell

Ian Smith wrote:
I recite Jabberwocky when approaching and passing horses. That seems
to help, though it might just perplex them into a stupor. It also
avoids horsey types talking to me,...
Forum: UK June 16th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By AndyMorris
Frankenstein's Kitchen P0rn

Roos Eisma wrote: