Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Blue Heeler[_2_]
Forum: Techniques August 21st 11, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Making chain longer

thirty-six wrote:

Well, if you are choosing to use 11sp I can see their point about
overcharging, you probably do look like you were born yesterday.

Do you always set out to insult others?
Forum: Techniques August 21st 11, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Making chain longer

thirty-six wrote:

On Aug 21, 1:40*am, "Blue Heeler" wrote:
Peter Howard wrote:

What is the experience of people on this group? *PH

Done it a lot - in...
Forum: Techniques August 21st 11, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Making chain longer

Peter Howard wrote:

What is the experience of people on this group? PH

Done it a lot - in fact my commuter's current chain is made up of
"left-over" links from 5 or 6 new chains.

I have the...
Forum: Techniques August 2nd 11, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Wippermann Connex Links - 10sp

"T°m Sherm@n" wrote:

Yes, using 10-speed, instead of 7-speed where you can just push the
pins out and back in.

Since I bought a decent chain breaker and allied with the Park tool...
Forum: Techniques August 2nd 11, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Wippermann Connex Links - 10sp

Jacques Bilinski wrote:

I've been told by more than one person that these are supposed to be
reusable, but everytime I take one apart to clean a chain they tend to
be way too loose and tend to...
Forum: Techniques June 20th 11, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Campy 10 + Shimano 10 = Frankenstein option

ixiz wrote:

I dont plan on using any pulleys and adapters if thats possible. I
use Gore Ride on cables and the additional items reduces the
performance of the fully enclosed gore...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 11, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Bar end or other TT gear shifting

David Scheidt wrote:

do they have a friction mode?

Not as such, but from looking at them if it is an "either/or"
requirement for you, omitting the detent plate would seem to ensure...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 11, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Bar end or other TT gear shifting

Peter Howard wrote:

I was going to say Shimano bar-end shifters and put the right hand
lever in friction mode with a twist of the ring. But I looked at my
usual suppliers to check...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 11, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Replacement center bolt for brakes

landotter wrote:

On Jun 14, 3:56*am, "Blue Heeler" wrote:
James wrote:
Blue Heeler wrote:
kolldata wrote:

yeah when you discover something in...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 11, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Replacement center bolt for brakes

James wrote:

Blue Heeler wrote:
kolldata wrote:

yeah when you discover something in this category, treat it with
reverance maybe stabilize it on a bench magnet: clean and...
Forum: Techniques June 13th 11, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

kolldata wrote:

yeah when you discover something in this category, treat it with
reverance maybe stabilize it on a bench magnet: clean and locktite
before assembly. Not that we're recommending...
Forum: Techniques June 8th 11, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 170
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Molded, Not Laid-up and Painted

James wrote:

To quote Crocodile Dundee:- "you can, but it tastes like ****".

Was that about roo or fruit bat? I can't remember.

Goanna
Forum: Techniques May 28th 11, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Identifying 8 spd & 9 spd cassette cogs?

mtb Dad wrote:

I thought I'd been told the thickness of 8 speed cogs was greater and
therefore wore better. Myth? Or was that thickness of chain plates,
so 8 sp wore better there?

Nowhere...
Forum: Techniques May 25th 11, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Identifying 8 spd & 9 spd cassette cogs?

thirty-six wrote:

Try using an unused piece of 9-speed chain as a go/no-go gauge for 9-
speed sprockets. Don't know if will be absolute but the 8-speed
should at least be tight enough that...
Forum: Techniques May 24th 11, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Identifying 8 spd & 9 spd cassette cogs?

Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Hi there.

My parts cabinet got knocked over and all my cassette cogs got mixed
together. Is there an easy way to tell an 8 speed cog from a 9 speed
cog? I don't have...
Forum: Techniques May 20th 11, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles
Replies: 448
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
OT - General Aviation

Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:

The drop in real wages for the middle class in the US over the last
30 years has put the cost of general aviation out of the reach of
most. For example, a...
Forum: Techniques April 25th 11, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Help Needed With Shimano Road Parts Compatibility

David White wrote:

Thanks for this. I was hoping this was the case. I would like to get
new pulleys for the RD and wonder what the proper unit is in this
case (using 8-speed chain, cassette,...
Forum: Techniques April 25th 11, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Help Needed With Shimano Road Parts Compatibility

David White wrote:

Working on a buddy's bike. It is basically an 8-speed setup with Sora
shifters. But I note it has a Tiagra RD that clearly says 9-speed. I
have confirmed that the Sora...
Forum: General April 17th 11, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Self Sealing Inner Tube: Do They Work ?

Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:

On 4/17/2011 3:27 AM, Blue Heeler wrote:
[...]
My commute is 25km from one of the northern beach suburbs of Cairns,
Australia.

The main...
Forum: General April 17th 11, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Self Sealing Inner Tube: Do They Work ?

Tosspot wrote:

On 17/04/11 09:27, Blue Heeler wrote:

snip

Cost to treat 4 tubes - about $26 made up of $20 green slime
sealant, $2 scalpel $4 for 8 large tube patches. I guess...
Forum: General April 17th 11, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Self Sealing Inner Tube: Do They Work ?

Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:

On 4/11/2011 11:20 AM, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Do those "self-sealing" inner tubes work ?

Some swear by them, other swear at them.

When putting...
Forum: Techniques April 17th 11, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
HA-III Cree SSC P7-C (SXO) 3-Mode 900-Lumen

Bob wrote:

I ride to/from work about 5 miles each way in the middle of the night
and do an occasional 30 mile night ride and am not a techie. I have
an Epillion 180 & am looking for a little...
Forum: Techniques April 9th 11, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
New Bontrager or used Fizik saddle?

sam wrote:

If you had a choice between a brand new Bontrager saddle or
a good used Fizik saddle from the late 90s, which would you
choose?

Thanks,

Forum: Techniques March 23rd 11, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
About the thief Peter Howard and his scummy fellow travelers

Peter Howard wrote:

Time for you to start another attack thread eh Jutieboi?
I'm trembling

Well I think you should be ashamed of yourself.
Torturing the handicapped should never be done in...
Forum: Techniques January 24th 11, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 73
Posted By Blue Heeler[_2_]
Hub generators: Yes or no?

AMuzi wrote:

:Nate Nagel wrote:
: Fortunately there are companies making good bicycle specific
: headlights that meet German regs, unfortunately they are expensive
: here in the US...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33