Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JC Dill
Forum: Techniques December 22nd 10, 05:41 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 104
Posted By JC Dill
Los Altos Hills bicyclist killed in big-rig crash was a mother,nurse and a 'go-getter'

Here's an article that says the CHP determined the bicyclist was at
fault, not the truck driver.

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_16910167?source=most_viewed

jc

(follow-ups set to...
Forum: Techniques July 21st 10, 03:16 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By JC Dill
Rear Rack Extra Long Seat Stay Brackets--Do Any Bike Shops SellThem?

SMS wrote:
My neighbor bought a Co-Pilot rear child seat that came with a Blackburn
Expedition rack (EX-1). He came over and told me that he was having
trouble installing it, and I finished...
Forum: General May 18th 10, 06:30 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On May 15, 1:25 am, JC Dill wrote:
Those who make a claim about the relative risks (or lack thereof) of
riding bicycles as justification for...
Forum: General May 18th 10, 06:22 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Phil W Lee wrote:

Why?
It seems to me (and to many other people) that if you go around saying
that cycling is so dangerous that you need special protective
equipment to participate, many...
Forum: General May 17th 10, 11:47 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

RobertH wrote:
On May 16, 4:40 pm, JC Dill wrote:

This is nonsense. IF helmet laws "discourage people from riding bikes"
then when a new law is passed we WOULD...
Forum: General May 17th 10, 08:39 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Tim McNamara wrote:

I made the assumption that you were reasonably intelligent
and could form the observation that Steven and Frank were old
antagonists rehashing arguments that had been...
Forum: General May 16th 10, 11:40 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Phil W Lee wrote:

If you know of sources that include all the information necessary to
truly evaluate the risk, then cite them. If your cite doesn't provide
all the necessary data I'm...
Forum: General May 16th 10, 08:20 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
JC Dill wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:

You've been pointed to where the cites are.
I've been...
Forum: General May 16th 10, 06:01 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
JC Dill wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
JC Dill...
Forum: General May 16th 10, 06:01 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

wrote:
On Sat, 15 May 2010 14:17:18 -0700, JC Dill

I take it that you have no data for us.
I...
Forum: General May 16th 10, 05:57 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Phil W Lee wrote:

and your
head will explode if you dare throw a leg over a bicycle without some
polystyrene foam strapped to your head).
No one (who promotes bicycle use) has ever...
Forum: General May 16th 10, 05:56 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Phil W Lee wrote:

You are the one proposing that the established scientific method and
most of the laws of physics should be suspended.

Are you seriously claiming this violates the laws of...
Forum: General May 16th 10, 05:49 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Clive George wrote:
On 15/05/2010 22:14, JC Dill wrote:
Clive George wrote:
Look at the graphs in the paper and you'll see why I say that. Overall
head injuries went down at about the...
Forum: General May 16th 10, 05:13 AM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Tim McNamara wrote:

You've been pointed to where the cites are.

I've been told to search a vague large place (list archives). That's
about the same as saying "go search the web" for the cite. ...
Forum: General May 15th 10, 10:23 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On May 15, 10:20 am, JC Dill wrote:
Adjusting for the general state of
the economy, bicycle sales are UP.

Forum: General May 15th 10, 10:20 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
JC Dill wrote:

Phil W Lee wrote:

The explanation, as you keep conveniently omitting, is...
Forum: General May 15th 10, 10:19 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
JC Dill wrote:

SMS wrote:
On 14/05/10 6:08 PM, JC Dill wrote:

snip

You...
Forum: General May 15th 10, 10:17 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

I take it that you have no data for us.

I have *repeatedly* posted cites to backup all my claims. The same can
not be said for others in this thread.

jc
Forum: General May 15th 10, 10:14 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Clive George wrote:
Look at the graphs in the paper and you'll
see why I say that. Overall head injuries went down at about the same rate.

I couldn't find a link to the actual paper - could you...
Forum: General May 15th 10, 05:24 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Phil W Lee wrote:
JC Dill considered Fri, 14 May 2010 22:25:48
-0700 the perfect time to write:

wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2010 13:16:04 -0700,...
Forum: General May 15th 10, 05:16 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
JC Dill wrote:

Jay Beattie wrote:

Note the cross post. What is old for RBR may be new for...
Forum: General May 15th 10, 05:15 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Clive George wrote:
On 15/05/2010 02:01, JC Dill wrote:
Cite?

The BEST way to evaluate helmet use is to compare before/after when
helmet use changes in a given place. The studies I've...
Forum: General May 15th 10, 03:20 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Phil W Lee wrote:
JC Dill considered Fri, 14 May 2010 18:08:48
-0700 the perfect time to write:

Further, head injury rates go DOWN when helmet laws are enacted:

Forum: General May 15th 10, 03:17 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Phil W Lee wrote:

The explanation, as you keep conveniently omitting, is that there is
no decrease except in cycling.

CITE? Where is this supposed decrease in cycling?

You really don't...
Forum: General May 15th 10, 03:13 PM Posted to ba.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 334
Posted By JC Dill
Nice Bike to Work Day Today--With Observations on Bicycle Types,Lighting, and Helmets

Phil W Lee wrote:
JC Dill considered Fri, 14 May 2010 18:01:02
-0700 the perfect time to write:

Phil W Lee wrote:
JC Dill considered...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45