Tiny Canary Wharf car sports sticker warning cyclists not to filter by Simon Mason[_6_]
What a prize plonker this driver must be! QUOTE: It’s one thing seeing stickers warning cyclists about filtering up an HGV’s near side. It’s quite...
Education 'better than speed limits' for cyclists by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: A professional cyclist who lives on the Isle of Man believes better awareness rather than lower speed limits would help riders feel safer on the...
Black cyclist stopped by London cop for "anti-social behaviour"including not wearing helmet, number plate or hi-viz by Simon Mason[_6_]
More clueless police! QUOTE: A video posted to Twitter shows a Metropolitan Police officer accusing a cyclist of “anti-social behaviour” because, among...
A nice touch in Manchester by Mike Collins
On Tuesday, 30 June 2020 10:54:36 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote: :-) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbrTfEMXQAIBK3b?format=jpg&name=medium I am sure Nugent...
New CCFL, 26650, 18650, or 3AA by sms
Another CCFL that makes a decent bicycle light (sorry Frank!): * 3x AA or 1x 26650 or 1x 18650 battery (batteries not included) * Spot to Flood Zoom * 5...
by sms Go to last post
12 73 Techniques
Government Bicycle Program News by AMuzi
https://cyclingindustry.news/details-of-governments-50-bike-repair-voucher-released/ What could go wrong? Will it be an efficient and necessary use of tax...
Seen this? Why Derek Chauvin may get off his murder charge. by Andre Jute[_2_]
Anyone seen this? https://medium.com/@gavrilodavid/why-derek-chauvin-may-get-off-his-murder-charge-2e2ad8d0911 It explains in considerable technical detail...
Remembering how to tie my shoes, going back for a do-rag by Frank Krygowski[_4_]
On 7/1/2020 11:36 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote: On 7/1/2020 12:18 AM, Joy Beeson wrote: I'd made a couple of short rides in my grubbies, in case I had...
Cycling and bureaucracy by AMuzi
New Fl;ash! Government programs are run like government programs! Who...
Should the AA be classed as an organised crime gang? by Mike Collins
The AA was formed to stop their members being caught speeding. Sounds like organised crime to me.
Yesterday 10:13 PM
by Mike Collins Go to last post
0 15 UK
Disc Failure by AMuzi
There's a lot wrong here but the flopping disc and loosened bolts have worn into the fork...
by Lou Holtman[_5_] Go to last post
15 86 Techniques
Remembering how to tie my shoes, going back for a do-rag by Joy Beeson
Ordinarily, riding to the farmers' market on Saturday isn't much news, but my last such trip was on the second of May, a few days before a masked man sliced up...
Yesterday 07:33 PM
by Jeff Liebermann Go to last post
4 124 General
More cycle-friendly signs spotted in Manchester by Simon Mason[_6_]
Someone at Manchester council loves cyclists, it...
Drivers fined for driving over the footways in London by Simon Mason[_6_]
Pavement drivers have now been blocked from abusing footways in London QUOTE: Our story yesterday about drivers in Lewisham ignoring planters deployed to close...
nifty multitool by Lou Holtman[_5_]
Fits into the hollow axes of the GRX crankset and is held by a...
Yesterday 07:06 PM
by sms Go to last post
1 17 Techniques
Cyclist left in shock after near-miss in Scarborough by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: A cyclist narrowly avoided being knocked over by a car in Scarborough. The incident happened on June 22 on Ramshill Road at around 6.40pm when a woman...
THE CASE FOR A MANDATORY CYCLE HELMET LAW
(IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) by Andre Jute[_2_]
THE CASE FOR A MANDATORY CYCLE HELMET LAW
(IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA)
by Andre Jute It is a risible myth that your average American is a...
94 1,426 Techniques
Shocking police chase footage shows speeding driver narrowly misscyclist in Wimbledon by Simon Mason[_6_]
A driver breaking the law? Surely not. QUOTE: Shocking footage shows a motorist narrowly miss colliding with a cyclist during a dramatic police chase in...
Regular Exercise Improves T Cell & Other Immune Response by Bret Cahill
Don't overdo it -- a combination of unplanned cycling mileage + a cold snap + stress/lack of sleep will get me a cold -- but don't use that as an excuse to not...
Cyclists Don’t Cause Congestion: ‘Must Get In Front’ Maneuvers By Motorists Pointless, Finds Study - LONG by Simon Mason[_6_]
QUOTE: Some motorists object to the presence of cyclists on roads, claiming a reduction in speed causes traffic snarl-ups. However, a study said to be the...
Anyone know the make and model of this mountain bike ? by Adam
Saw an image of a nice mountain bike online... https://postimg.cc/T5qbkBn1 Anyone know the make and model of this mountain bike ?
Send This Guy To the US ASAP! by Pamela
On 08:01 30 Jun 2020, Bret Cahill said: We have no leader here in the U. S. so we'll take anything we can get. ...
Yesterday 02:59 PM
by Bret Cahill Go to last post
2 28 UK
'Mr Loophole' lawyer is back with another anti-cycling rant by Simon Mason[_6_]
Mr A-hole is at it again. QUOTE: Nick Freeman - nicknamed 'Mr Loophole' for his history of getting clients such as David Beckham and Jeremy Clarkson off the...
New Welsh road warning sign by Pamela
On 19:16 30 Jun 2020, Mike Collins said: On Tuesday, 30 June 2020 18:37:10 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote: Hope to see a few more of these signs around...
Yesterday 01:53 PM
by Mike Collins Go to last post
1 16 UK
Could UK first CYCLOPS junction be "slam dunk" for cycling by Simon Mason[_6_]
Looks good! QUOTE: A UK-first junction design that protects people cycling and walking, while improving journey times for those in cars, and potentially saving...