Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tmac-100
Forum: Techniques April 15th 08, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Tmac-100
makeshift rim strip

On Apr 15, 6:38*pm, Jerry wrote:
what to do if I'm out on my bike and the rim strip breaks?

I...... What about using the old tube somehow, how do you get it to stay in
Forum: General June 5th 07, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Tmac-100
Looking for a Bike - Any State Side Under $500?

On Jun 4, 6:11 pm, SMS wrote:
tmac-100 wrote:
Getting a used bike is a worthwhile way to go. There are lots for sale
- often sold by folks who started bicycling...
Forum: General June 4th 07, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Tmac-100
Looking for a Bike - Any State Side Under $500?

On May 28, 7:30 am, Bob wrote:
On May 20, 5:42 am, wrote:

Looking for a bike and thought I'd ask. Been away from
bikeing some 10 years or so. In the...
Forum: Techniques June 1st 07, 11:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Tmac-100
What fails most on bicycle cargo trailers?

On Jun 1, 11:15 am, DougC wrote:
Leo Lichtman wrote:
A load limit of 75 to 100 lb is realistic for a bicycle trailer. Why build
it stronger if you can't...
Forum: Australia May 28th 07, 07:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Tmac-100
Matbe in the good old US of A but surely not in Australia

On May 28, 5:03 am, slaw
wrote:
James Wrote:

Owen wrote:
Window shopping at Phantom cycles I notice that they are selling

Avid...
Forum: General May 25th 07, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Tmac-100
Zinc ointment *NOT* a good chamois cream!

On May 25, 1:04 am, wrote:
The suggestion to sun-dry the chamois and expose
it to solar UV is a good one. I've also been
hand-washing my cycling shorts in solutions...
Forum: Australia May 22nd 07, 08:06 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 50
Posted By Tmac-100
Framebuilders pricing...

You can contact him at:
That should be
Forum: Australia May 21st 07, 07:12 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 50
Posted By Tmac-100
Framebuilders pricing...

On May 16, 4:31 pm, Parbs wrote:
hippy wrote:

Do you have to pay GST on something imported from the US?

Yup, and probably duty, depending on the origin of the...
Forum: Rides May 9th 07, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Tmac-100
Krakow Poland to Lviv Ukraine - info??

Has any reader any info about bicycling from Krakow to Lviv? This trip
is another plan for perhaps 2 years from this summer. I have rlatives
and graves to see.... TIA :-)
Ken - now living in the...
Forum: Techniques March 12th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Tmac-100
26" wheels for touring, spokes and rims

On Mar 6, 11:43 pm, "ere" wrote:
Hi,

I plan to build a new set of wheels for touring. I usually carry 4
panniers full of camping gear, tent, etc so the bike is heavy. I...
Forum: Techniques January 21st 07, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Tmac-100
Adhesive for PX BB?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

How about prepping the BB shell, then installing it 'correctly'..works
evertime for me..never had a BB loosen in 22 years of wrenching. .

THIS TIME I will...
Forum: Australia January 17th 07, 11:33 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Tmac-100
5 punctures - what can I do?

I have Schwalbe Marathon X?? 26" tires on my bike. Flats (between
Mareeba and Georgetown) were caused by tiny burrs on the inside of the
rim working their way through the "tape" and putting a tiny...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 07, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Tmac-100
Adhesive for PX BB?

me wrote:
"Tmac-100" wrote in message
I just got a PW BB for my touring bicycle. I have red blue and green
Locktite. Which...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 07, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Tmac-100
Adhesive for PW BB?

I just got a PW BB for my touring bicycle. I have red blue and green
Locktite. Which should I use when installing the SS (I think) BB into
the steel frame of my touring bicycle. If anyone suggests...
Forum: Techniques January 16th 07, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Tmac-100
Adhesive for PX BB?

I just got a PW BB for my touring bicycle. I have red blue and green
Locktite. Which should I use when installing the SS (I think) BB into
the steel frame of my touring bicycle. If anyone suggests...
Forum: Techniques January 11th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Tmac-100
YAK trailers

Jeremy Watts wrote:
Anyone have one of these YAK trailers? I've heard mixed reports, worth the
£280 price tag?

I bought a new IBEX by BOB on e-bay over a year ago. I used it for close
to...
Forum: Australia January 9th 07, 02:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Tmac-100
Broken spokes query

Hi Steve and Kathy,

You may remember my bicycle from the time I stayed at your home last July.

My spokes were 14 ga and not butted. I believe they are DT, but the
exact manufacturer does not...
Forum: Rides December 17th 06, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 10
Posted By Tmac-100
western Provence in France

SNIP all the blather....

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Thanks you, Ed, for your humor!. I lived...
Forum: Australia December 8th 06, 05:02 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By Tmac-100
Have I been ripped off by online bike store?

jur wrote:
I bought a set of panniers off this guy through ebay. I picked them up
at his house which IIRC was in Croyden/Chirnside Park somewhere. The
deal was perfect in every respect.

I...
Forum: Australia December 8th 06, 04:55 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By Tmac-100
Have I been ripped off by online bike store?

just us wrote:
Finally got an email! In fact I got 2. First one said he was sorry with
order, everything has been sent. 6 minutes later there was a second email.
It said his wife had had a...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20