Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: blueharmony
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By blueharmony
Riding with a Hernia

I have a hernia and unicycling never bothers me, but mine isn't bad
either. It depends on your own situation so asking your doctor is a good
idea.

--
blueharmony

_________
- Kenny
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By blueharmony
Will you still be riding when you're......

I've been concerned about this issue for a while now but maybe I
shouldn't worry so much. At 49 I can still fall off quite a few things
and get right back up again, but I don't know how long that...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By blueharmony
Christmas Unicycle Competition

Nice one... where did you get the costume?

My Dad takes his horse drawn sleigh out when there is enough snow and
plays Santa. This is one of his old suits he gave me just in case I got
the...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By blueharmony
Christmas Unicycle Competition

Yes, it's snowing in Washington state! I didn't dress up my uni but I
did dress up myself to terrorize the neighbors. Here is one picture in
front of my house and the other at the base of Snoqualmie...
Forum: Unicycling December 20th 08, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By blueharmony
Are you 45+

That's awesome! Sounds like you've caught the bug. Believe it or not, it
actually gets more fun the more you learn so keep at it. I understand
about seeing the sidewalk in a whole new light. You'll...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By blueharmony
3 wheel unicycle

Panther Pride has both three wheeled and five wheeled (called stacks). I
rode Ductapes three wheeled this summer at the Portland Juggling
Festival and agree it's a little tricky with all the slippage...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By blueharmony
Any unicyclists in the Macy's parade this year?

How do you mount you giraffes if you fall during a parade? I was on a
5-footer in Seattle and had to climb a "No Parking" sign to get back on
after hitting a grate. I can't imagine doing that on the...
Forum: Unicycling November 30th 08, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By blueharmony
Any unicyclists in the Macy's parade this year?

I'm assuming you mean the Macy's parade in New York. Too bad 'cause
Panther Pride was in the Macy's parade in Seattle! :D

--
blueharmony

_________
- Kenny
-unicycle for yourself-
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By blueharmony
Shin Guards?

I have some Fox knee/shin gaurds and love them. They are also very handy
when teaching new riders as the newbies tend to (accidentally) sling
their unis at you.

I'm currently learning to ride one...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By blueharmony
Hand Injuries Common in Muni? Or is just me?

I've always been involved in athletics of some sort and, luckily, the
many years of practice have paid off when tucking and rolling. Roller
skating through streets and even to/from classes in college...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By blueharmony
Giraffe Discussion Thread

I was wondering about unicycling on a treadmill, now I know! :D

--
blueharmony

_________
- Kenny
-unicycle for yourself-
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By blueharmony
loctite/pedals

I've used blue locktite on crank arms very successsfully, saved me a lot
of hassle and expense.

BTW: it doesn't have to be "Locktite" brand, just make sure the color
is blue.

--
blueharmony
Forum: Unicycling November 2nd 08, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

The group known collectively as "you guys" seems to do more
muni/street/trials riding than freestyle, which the IUF levels are
designed for.

If you are doing purely freestyle then the IUF levels are...
Forum: Unicycling September 30th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By blueharmony
Are you 45+

Welcome! You'll sweat like a pig but that's normal, great workout. I was
in Portland, Oregon last weekend at the Portland Juggling Festival and
helped some older riders learn how to ride, they were...
Forum: Unicycling September 24th 08, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By blueharmony
Help! Are there health benefits to unicycling?

It's amazing how much work your deltoids get unicycling! The workout
from the waist down is obvious but just try holding your arms out
horizontal and waving them around for a couple of hours, or try...
Forum: Unicycling September 15th 08, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By blueharmony
During and after Naucc 08 discussion thread

Here is what I heard from Connie last Friday:

I'll be prepping them this weekend. I'll send to both the group in SD
and to be posted on the USA website.

She told me it's ok to nag her about...
Forum: Unicycling September 8th 08, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By blueharmony
Torker LX Giraffe

My daughter has a new TX and loves it. Yes, they are low end but if you
take care of it you should be able to ride it for many years to come.
Our unicycle team (PPUT) has a bunch of them and they...
Forum: Unicycling August 25th 08, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By blueharmony
Unicycling - Just when you achieve something...

I feel your pain! There is so much to learn, and every new skill seems
impossible at the beginning. But, that is one of the things I like
about unicycling...the long learning curve for each skill...
Forum: Unicycling August 13th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By blueharmony
Anyone in the Jacksonville/St. Augustine...

For what it's worth I'm in the midst of a move to the Kennedy Space
Center area sometime this year. I know it's a ways from Jacksonville,
but at least it's Florida! :o

--
blueharmony

_________
-...
Forum: Unicycling August 11th 08, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By blueharmony
10 Flatland Levels

oneisenough wrote:

Why does everything have to have a guide. We are a small enough group
that the "levels" could be decided by other riders not some tally
sheet.

I can think of one good...
Forum: Unicycling August 7th 08, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By blueharmony
Uni Weight Comparisons

Has anyone done a comparison of how much different unis weigh, and the
advantages one way or the other? UDC lists the weight of some of their
unis but not others. There is considerable discussion...
Forum: Unicycling August 6th 08, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By blueharmony
what should i learn?

Try looking at the USA freestyle levels for inspiration. Some of the
skills aren't as sexy as street or trials but they give you a good base
from which to learn other skills.

--...
Forum: Unicycling July 29th 08, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By blueharmony
Good MUNI spots in Washington(state)

I rode the chair lift up Snoqualmie Summit back in 2002 for the downhill
in Unicon, but wasn't riding at that time. For some reason they stopped
doing that even for bikes. Seems a waste of resources...
Forum: Unicycling July 28th 08, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By blueharmony
Are you 45+

One of the things I really enjoy about this sport is the huge age
diversity. Being able to sit down and talk seriously on the level with
a kid in 2nd grade about something that is important to both...
Forum: Unicycling July 17th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By blueharmony
Cheap Maxxis Hookworm? Cheaper equivalent tire?

I have a 24" Hookworm on my Nimbux X and really like it for getting
around flat trails, and the occasional side-hop up curbs. Went with a
muni style tire for a while, but when I went back to my...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45