Showing results 1 to 25 of 63
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TT
Forum: Techniques December 20th 09, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By TT
seat guts

On Dec 19, 1:25*pm, Gary wrote:
My RockShox seatpost sheared off at the top, where it attaches to the
clamp that attaches to the seat. I want to keep using the seatpost.
Forum: Techniques November 18th 09, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By TT
Shimano 6620 versus 6700 pedal

On Nov 18, 11:17*am, Gary wrote:
Is the difference ONLY cosmetic???

Yes. "New Ultegra Color" on 6700 it appears.
Forum: Techniques November 17th 09, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By TT
Repacking Crack Bearings

On Nov 16, 7:41*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On 17 Nov, 02:01, datakoll wrote:

gnaw. seriuosly, dontcha want a tube of FL or Cooper cycle bearing
Forum: Techniques October 24th 09, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By TT
Need advice on front bmx wheels for pedicab use

On Oct 21, 2:33*pm, Chalo wrote:
TT wrote:

I doubt there are many here with knowledge of BMX wheels but I am
looking for something 48 spoke, front wheels only,...
Forum: Techniques October 21st 09, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By TT
Need advice on front bmx wheels for pedicab use

I doubt there are many here with knowledge of BMX wheels but I am
looking for something 48 spoke, front wheels only, sealed/cartridge
bearings and can support a 2.1" tire at 110 psi. Hoping to stay...
Forum: Techniques September 30th 09, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By TT
Best solvent to degrease a chain

On Sep 30, 9:25*am, z wrote:
in order to spray paint the chain?

LOL Solvent
Forum: Techniques September 26th 09, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By TT
clipless eggbeaters?

On Sep 26, 1:08*pm, Mark Cleary wrote:
I am using Wellgo single sided clipless SPD pedals and use mountain type
shoes for my road bike. I like these except they only clip...
Forum: Techniques September 26th 09, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By TT
clipless eggbeaters?

On Sep 26, 1:08*pm, Mark Cleary wrote:
I am using Wellgo single sided clipless SPD pedals and use mountain type
shoes for my road bike. I like these except they only clip...
Forum: Techniques September 25th 09, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By TT
Do self-sealing tubes really work?

On Sep 24, 7:39*am, elfa wrote:
In article , BobT says...

"elfa" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques September 24th 09, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By TT
Do self-sealing tubes really work?

On Sep 23, 7:44*pm, elfa wrote:
I'm fairly new to biking and in the last three days I had to fix a flat tire
three times. *I know flats "come with territory" but I was...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 09, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By TT
True bent disc rotors?

On Sep 21, 11:41*pm, Gary Walters wrote:
Has anyone had success straightening a bent rotor? I saw this tool on
pricepoint.com:

http://tinyurl.com/n7kpaa

??

I...
Forum: Techniques September 21st 09, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By TT
Spoke Lengths

On Sep 21, 11:15*am, Tosspot wrote:
TT wrote:
On Sep 21, 11:02 am, Tosspot wrote:
I have a spoke! *But I want some more, now my google mojo has...
Forum: Techniques September 21st 09, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By TT
GPS and Cree bicycle light

On Sep 21, 6:23*am, Peter Cole wrote:
mac wrote:
I have read about the Cree led light and was waiting to make the
switch from the Luxeon bicycle light. Also my...
Forum: Techniques September 21st 09, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By TT
Spoke Lengths

On Sep 21, 11:02*am, Tosspot wrote:
I have a spoke! *But I want some more, now my google mojo has deserted
me, so how exactly is a spoke length measured?

mm...
Forum: Techniques September 21st 09, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By TT
Floor wax outperforms bike chain wax?

On Sep 20, 6:04*pm, datakoll wrote:
use it for mounting new tires: rub on inside rim surfaces

Pedro's 2.0 lubes OK.

try commercial conveyor belt chain lube maybe from...
Forum: Techniques September 19th 09, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By TT
it's alive (old trek 620)

On Sep 18, 6:22*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
here it is, FWIW. *took some pics to send my dad, he wanted to see what
I was working on. *This is the bike I've been asking all the...
Forum: Techniques September 17th 09, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By TT
650b Road tire is a GO!!!

On Sep 17, 2:29*pm, TT wrote:
On Sep 17, 9:30*am, bfd wrote:

From Kirk Pacenti:

"Dear B fans,

You will all be pleased to know that the...
Forum: Techniques September 17th 09, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By TT
650b Road tire is a GO!!!

On Sep 17, 9:30*am, bfd wrote:
From Kirk Pacenti:

"Dear B fans,

You will all be pleased to know that the Pari-Moto tire is a go.

A big thank you and congratulations...
Forum: Techniques September 17th 09, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By TT
Campagnolo Brake Adjustment Query...

On Sep 17, 8:42*am, Christopher Harrison Spam-
wrote:
Hi all,

Let me start by saying I am, more-or-less, technically incompetent!
When I try to fix things on my...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 12th 09, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By TT
What hub is this? & Rotor adapters?

On Sep 12, 11:09*am, DaveC wrote:
I've used

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A2Z-A2Z-Center-Lock-Kit-AD-CLK-176...

And it works fine.

My hub has the fine...
Forum: General September 12th 09, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

On Sep 12, 11:09*am, DaveC wrote:
I've used

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A2Z-A2Z-Center-Lock-Kit-AD-CLK-176...

And it works fine.

My hub has the fine...
Forum: General September 12th 09, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

On Sep 12, 11:09*am, DaveC wrote:
I've used

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A2Z-A2Z-Center-Lock-Kit-AD-CLK-176...

And it works fine.

My hub has the fine...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 12th 09, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

On Sep 12, 11:09*am, DaveC wrote:
I've used

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-A2Z-A2Z-Center-Lock-Kit-AD-CLK-176...

And it works fine.

My hub has the fine...
Forum: Techniques September 11th 09, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 68
Posted By TT
OBree uses a slack chain

On Sep 11, 12:41*am, someone wrote:
http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2009/06/08/1244467596618-hmd...

Notice the drop in the chain. *So at least for training he...
Forum: Techniques September 10th 09, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By TT
Brooks tension bolt replacement

On Sep 10, 1:13*am, amakyonin wrote:
I finally broke the tension bolt on my Brooks Swift again. Rather than
pay the usurious pricing for a replacement I'm thinking of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 63