Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J. Chisholm
Forum: UK January 19th 10, 03:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By J. Chisholm
Shimano hub gears

Ian Smith wrote:
Regulars (if there are any regulars left who actually ride bicycles
rather than are here just to attack cyclists) may recall that I had a
Shimano 8 speed hub gear that...
Forum: UK November 11th 09, 06:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 363
Posted By J. Chisholm
Cycling KSI up by 19%

Conor wrote:

The "have you seen the light" campaign last week saw police out in force
in a bid to educate cyclists and motorists about traffic laws.

Together with Cambridge City Council,...
Forum: UK September 21st 09, 05:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 104
Posted By J. Chisholm
Irresponsible cyclists free to get drivers to clear up afterthem

Paul Luton wrote:
BrianW wrote:
On 20 Sep, 22:50, JNugent wrote:
Adam Lea wrote:
Graculus wrote:
It seems that our Doug has friends in the...
Forum: UK August 12th 09, 01:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By J. Chisholm
Less roads more relief.

Doug wrote:
"Most transportation planners continue to operate from the orthodoxy
that the
best way to untangle traffic is to build more roads, yet in some
cases, doing
so proves...
Forum: UK August 5th 09, 04:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By J. Chisholm
Cycling on Footways?

Can anyone tell me if the bit in:

http://www.bikeforall.net/content/cycling_and_the_law.php

and specifically:
"It is important to note that most legislation relating to 'cycling on
footpaths'...
Forum: UK June 30th 09, 12:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london
Replies: 17
Posted By J. Chisholm
Cycle route from Finsbury Park to North Finchley

Paul Luton wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
Hello Londonistanis,

I live in Finsbury Park, and am currently working in North Finchley.
I've been getting there by public transport so far, but...
Forum: UK May 20th 09, 09:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By J. Chisholm
5 day London Hebrides London Tour?

Phil Cook wrote:
Nigel Cliffe wrote:

Phil Cook wrote:
Every three weeks I get a five day weekend and I am thinking about
taking a tour of the Western Isles before the schools escape...
Forum: UK May 18th 09, 03:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By J. Chisholm
At last - road deaths to be taken seriously.

wrote:
On 14 May, 08:12, " wrote:
It's been a long time coming but at last road deaths will get the same
level of investigation as flooding, air...
Forum: UK April 16th 09, 12:51 PM Posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 211
Posted By J. Chisholm
Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

Adrian wrote:

If it's not a silly question, why did you stop in a position where he
could pull up alongside?

Because had I stopped outside the cycle lane I would have risked being
hit or...
Forum: UK April 16th 09, 09:57 AM Posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 211
Posted By J. Chisholm
Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

Graculus wrote:
Boris's latest mad-cap idea:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7998687.stm and other sources.

So, the idea is that this allows cyclists to move off before lorries and...
Forum: UK April 14th 09, 10:39 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 92
Posted By J. Chisholm
Police Target anti-social cycling

mileburner wrote:
I have just read in our local paper that the police are to target
anti-social cyclists.

"Residents are concerned that people riding on pavements could cause a
Forum: UK March 30th 09, 05:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By J. Chisholm
Safety in numbers?

Clive George wrote:
From another list:

The thing which improves cyclist safety the most is increasing numbers -
and that means encouraging everyday use of bikes, not just saving them
Forum: UK February 12th 09, 12:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By J. Chisholm
Highway code question.

Martin wrote:
Danny Colyer wrote:
On 11/02/2009 23:03, Martin wrote:
Rule 178, (ASLs)

Can anyone else see what is wrong with the picture associated with this
rule. (The one with...
Forum: UK February 5th 09, 11:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By J. Chisholm
Hub gears in the cold/snow

Paul Weaver wrote:
On Monday I was trying to pick my way through London on my trusty
Brompton. The roads were great (no buses, other vehicles being driven
at a decent speed), but I had to give...
Forum: UK December 10th 08, 02:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 65
Posted By J. Chisholm
Rusty chain.

Simon Mason wrote:

"Sam Salt" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I...
Forum: UK November 27th 08, 05:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 62
Posted By J. Chisholm
Accident report (Edinburgh)

Chris Malcolm wrote:
J. Chisholm wrote:
Chris Malcolm wrote:
Bicycle hit broadside by car turning right out of side road. I bounced
off the bonnet and somehow ended up...
Forum: UK November 27th 08, 03:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 28
Posted By J. Chisholm
Help with law interpretation

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Ian Smith wrote:
On Wed, 26 Nov, Tom Crispin wrote:
I've been having an email debate with someone over...
Forum: UK November 26th 08, 04:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 62
Posted By J. Chisholm
Accident report (Edinburgh)

Chris Malcolm wrote:
Bicycle hit broadside by car turning right out of side road. I bounced
off the bonnet and somehow ended up very quickly on my feet, not sure
how.

So has it been reported...
Forum: UK November 25th 08, 03:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 53
Posted By J. Chisholm
Bells on bikes

David Hansen wrote:
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:10:48 +0000 someone who may be Martin
wrote this:-

I would however like to see to standards regarding lits in this...
Forum: UK November 20th 08, 05:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Replies: 148
Posted By J. Chisholm
Boris: Forget humps and make roads cycle-friendly

Mortimer wrote:

Or supervise the children and make sure their parents teach them the Kerb
Drill / Green Cross Code / whatever.

How '60s
Let everyone have guns and just make sure the idiots...
Forum: UK October 27th 08, 10:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By J. Chisholm
Questions to the Mayor of London (ASLs)

TimHenderson wrote:
On 21 Oct, 22:09, Tom Crispin
wrote:
Enforcement of Advance Stop Lines

Question No: 2227 / 2008

John Biggs

Has the...
Forum: UK October 1st 08, 01:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By J. Chisholm
50 quirky bike rides - excellent new book

elyob wrote:
On 1 Oct, 11:19, TimB wrote:
May I draw your attention to this highly amusing (and informative) new
book - 50 Quirky Bike Rides - by Rob Ainsley,...
Forum: UK August 11th 08, 02:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By J. Chisholm
OK to hit cyclists outside a cycle lane.

judith wrote:

Did the cat hit the cyclist?

Yes the wing mirroe cuaght the cyclists handlebar hence throwing him off

Did the car sound its horn?

The driver said he did, but neither cyclist...
Forum: UK August 11th 08, 12:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By J. Chisholm
OK to hit cyclists outside a cycle lane.

spindrift wrote:
On Aug 11, 11:48 am, "J. Chisholm" wrote:
judith wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:13:24 +0100, Daniel Barlow
wrote:
spindrift...
Forum: UK August 11th 08, 11:48 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

judith wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:13:24 +0100, Daniel Barlow
wrote:

spindrift writes:

Showing results 1 to 25 of 73