Showing results 1 to 25 of 139
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ralph Barone
Forum: Techniques April 21st 14, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Ralph Barone
26" touring tire recommendation

It's about time to replace the 26 x 38/32 WTB Slickasaurus tires on my
Surly LHT and I'm looking for recommendations. The bike is used mostly
for commuting, with some credit card touring thrown in...
Forum: Techniques March 4th 14, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Ralph Barone
Trailer hitches

In article ,
wrote:

There's a Class 4 on muh truck's stern. When I begin thinking abt towing I am
lost even to the...
Forum: Techniques March 4th 14, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Ralph Barone
Trailer hitches

In article ,
James wrote:

On 03/03/14 16:02, Ralph Barone wrote:
I'm (still) working on the design for a "recumbent trailer trike",
Forum: Techniques March 4th 14, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Ralph Barone
Trailer hitches

In article ,
Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Monday, March 3, 2014 12:02:31 AM UTC-5, Ralph Barone wrote:

Any...
Forum: Techniques March 3rd 14, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Ralph Barone
Trailer hitches

In article ,
wrote:

GooImage is outstanding design resource. Type in 'BICYCLE TRAILER HITCH.'
Menu will derange...
Forum: Techniques March 3rd 14, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By Ralph Barone
Trailer hitches

I'm (still) working on the design for a "recumbent trailer trike",
essentially a delta trike with no front wheel, but a hitch which will
connect to my diamond frame bike. I've got a lot of the...
Forum: Techniques February 9th 14, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Ralph Barone
DIY Bottom Bracket Spindle

In article ,
Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 1:21:13 AM UTC-5, Ralph Barone wrote:
There is a...
Forum: Techniques February 7th 14, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Ralph Barone
DIY Bottom Bracket Spindle

In article ,
John B. wrote:

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 21:58:21 -0800, Ralph Barone
wrote:

snipped for...
Forum: Techniques February 7th 14, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Ralph Barone
DIY Bottom Bracket Spindle

In article invalid-D9B8AE.06353206022014@shawnews,
Ralph Barone wrote:

In article , AMuzi
wrote:

On 2/6/2014...
Forum: Techniques February 6th 14, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 55
Posted By Ralph Barone
DIY Bottom Bracket Spindle

In article , AMuzi
wrote:

On 2/6/2014 7:27 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:
James...
Forum: Techniques December 15th 13, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Ralph Barone
Recumbent trike-DF tandem

I've been contemplating building/buying a tandem for my wife and I, but
think she might be better served by a recumbent trike, while I still
prefer the standard diamond-framed upright bike. The...
Forum: Techniques January 2nd 13, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Ralph Barone
How to disassemble a Spinner EnRoute AC suspension fork

In article ,
datakoll wrote:

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 6:15:12 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1,...
Forum: Techniques January 1st 13, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Ralph Barone
How to disassemble a Spinner EnRoute AC suspension fork

My daughter has a "comfort" bike equipped with this fork. I want to
tear the bike apart in order to paint the frame. Are there any online
guides or just general instructions out there as to how...
Forum: Techniques December 6th 11, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Ralph Barone
Are Bio-pace or similar chainrings advantageous for touring?

In article
,
thirty-six wrote:

On Dec 5, 4:42*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
There are...
Forum: Techniques November 29th 11, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 66
Posted By Ralph Barone
aluminum fat tubes, are they 'butted' also?

In article
,
Dan O wrote:

On Nov 28, 2:42*pm, James wrote:
On 29/11/11...
Forum: Techniques November 28th 11, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Ralph Barone
Krygowski is Correct

In article ,
"T0m Sherm@n" " wrote:

On 11/28/2011 1:24 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 07:38:53 +0100,...
Forum: Recumbent Biking November 27th 11, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 50
Posted By Ralph Barone
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow - Tom Sherman

In article
,
thirty-six wrote:

On Nov 27, 10:40*pm, Ralph Barone wrote:
In...
Forum: Recumbent Biking November 27th 11, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 50
Posted By Ralph Barone
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow - Tom Sherman

In article ,
"T°m Sherm@n" " wrote:

On 10/28/2011 8:05 PM, Duane Hebert wrote:
On 10/28/2011 6:59 PM, kolldata wrote:
Forum: Techniques November 2nd 11, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ralph Barone
This should be on topic for rbt

http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/humanoids/hobby-robot-rides-a
-bike-the-oldfashioned-way
Forum: Techniques November 2nd 11, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 66
Posted By Ralph Barone
cross tires in snow?

In article ,
Frank Krygowski wrote:

James wrote:

I regularly wear a woollen long sleeved cycling jersey my brother won as
Forum: Techniques October 29th 11, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 261
Posted By Ralph Barone
DT Tensiometer

In article ,
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

Per thirty-six:
So if traffic from a minor road retains priority while it continues to
Forum: Techniques October 21st 11, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 142
Posted By Ralph Barone
Yes, Virginia, one can design a proper bicycle without a diamond frame

In article ,
James wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
James wrote:
Forum: Techniques October 2nd 11, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Ralph Barone
But why???

In article , AMuzi
wrote:

Ralph Barone wrote:
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/bik/2629012896.html

Why would somebody buy a...
Forum: Techniques October 2nd 11, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Ralph Barone
But why???

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/bik/2629012896.html

Why would somebody buy a bike optimized for long haul loaded touring and
then turn it into a fixie. That sounds about as sensible as...
Forum: Techniques October 2nd 11, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Ralph Barone
Ultimate low-spoke-count rear wheel

In article ,