Showing results 1 to 25 of 79
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TheMgt
Forum: UK October 4th 09, 07:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By TheMgt
Cyclist and the Mancs Bollards.

Phil Cook wrote:
TheMgt wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:
Cyclist interacts with the infamous Manchester bollards with amusing
effect :-)

Forum: UK October 4th 09, 04:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Simon Mason wrote:
Cyclist interacts with the infamous Manchester bollards with amusing
effect :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaRIOLpfs7A

I thought the bollards were supposed to...
Forum: UK June 10th 09, 09:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By TheMgt
Recovering a Stolen Bike - Advice / Experience Please

mileburner wrote:
"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote
in message ...
I had my bike stolen last October....
Forum: UK May 11th 09, 09:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 80
Posted By TheMgt
How to get speeding drivers to slow down.

Simon Mason wrote:
This works every time. A car coming towards you is obviously speeding
and you, being a responsible law abiding citizen, wish it to slow down
lest it kills someone down the...
Forum: UK May 8th 09, 03:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 135
Posted By TheMgt
A possible solution to the trolling problem on this news group

Rudi wrote:
[Snip troll slaying measures]

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way
to be sure.

--
:(){:|:&};:
Forum: UK April 24th 09, 08:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:06:16 +0100, Marc
wrote:

All of which could be said ( by an owner) about a pug!

OK, smartarse,...
Forum: UK April 8th 09, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By TheMgt
Cotic Roadrat Buildup

Lou Holtman wrote:
Tosspot schreef:
Just before I shell out for the frameset[1] the nice chappies at Copic
pointed out I might have a problem fitting the Alfine groupset dynamo
because the...
Forum: UK April 4th 09, 09:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By TheMgt
Idiot driver

Adam Lea wrote:

I have noticed a increase in motorist aggression towards me recently (no I
haven't changed my riding style). People blasting horns at me whilst
overtaking. It seems to happen...
Forum: UK April 2nd 09, 08:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 224
Posted By TheMgt
Road rage incident this morning - advice?

bugbear wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, bugbear wrote:

bugbear wrote:

Motion blur CAN be removed.

Forum: UK April 1st 09, 11:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 224
Posted By TheMgt
Road rage incident this morning - advice?

bugbear wrote:
bugbear wrote:

Motion blur CAN be removed.

http://www.didier-lelu.com/US/5_10_Remove-motion-blur-example-2.html

I'm now looking for a non-research implementation.
Forum: UK March 31st 09, 11:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 224
Posted By TheMgt
Road rage incident this morning - advice?

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 23:03:48 +0100, TheMgt
said in :

Well no, that's tabloid journo reasoning that...
Forum: UK March 31st 09, 11:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 224
Posted By TheMgt
Road rage incident this morning - advice?

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

The thing is, though, that those guys are probably cowards and almost certainly
well aware that you've reported them to plod.

Well no, that's tabloid journo...
Forum: UK March 8th 09, 09:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 53
Posted By TheMgt
New lower speed limits for national single track roads.

That's single carriageway roads, not single track. Single track roads
don't have speed cameras, they have sheep.

--
:(){:|:&};:
Forum: UK February 27th 09, 12:04 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

fred2 wrote:
Just came across this passage.

Isaiah 59:17 He put on justice as a breastplate, and a helmet of salvation
upon his head: he put on the garments of vengeance, and was clad with...
Forum: UK February 23rd 09, 08:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 58
Posted By TheMgt
Trice question

Tom Crispin wrote:

Hmmmm... A lovely dream.

A Rohloff hub with 14 gears, each gear with a ratio of 13.62% between
each gear and the next, and a Rohloff /type/ hub with 14 gears each
Forum: UK February 21st 09, 07:26 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By TheMgt
JIS 1" threaded headset

Rob Morley wrote:
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 11:51:30 +0000
TheMgt wrote:

Anyone know where I can get a JIS size (27mm crown race, 30mm
headtube) 1" threaded...
Forum: UK February 21st 09, 11:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By TheMgt
JIS 1" threaded headset

Anyone know where I can get a JIS size (27mm crown race, 30mm headtube)
1" threaded headset?
--
:(){:|:&};:
Forum: UK February 19th 09, 07:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Brown Cat wrote:
Twice in as many as two days I've joined a roundabout and the cars before
the junction before has jolted forward forcing me to brake to avoid a
collision. But they stop...
Forum: UK November 15th 08, 02:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By TheMgt
"Bulkiness" of Marathon Plus

I'm replacing the well worn and now rather puncture prone 28mm Conti
Sport Contact on my rear wheel with a Marathon Plus. However the
clearance between the current tyre and the seat tube is less than...
Forum: UK October 26th 08, 03:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By TheMgt
Flame on!

Anyone feeling argumentative may wish to check out this Guardian CiF
article proposing that 'If motorists were automatically held liable for
collisions with cyclists, drivers might adopt more...
Forum: UK August 24th 08, 05:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 57
Posted By TheMgt
Thatcher dementia fight revealed

Brian Robertson wrote:
"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:16:45 +0100 someone who may...
Forum: UK August 24th 08, 11:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 57
Posted By TheMgt
Thatcher dementia fight revealed

Brian Robertson wrote:
"gregg" wrote in message

Now where's that...
Forum: UK August 16th 08, 04:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By TheMgt
Those Chris Hoy Tactics in Full!

Jim Ley wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 15:47:26 +0100, Peter Clinch
wrote:

Shame about Theo Bos though. Being an Anglo-Dutch household we'd
been hoping to cheer...
Forum: UK August 6th 08, 10:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 88
Posted By TheMgt
Suggestion

Pete Biggs wrote:
TheMgt wrote:
Could people who can't control the impulse to reply to this stuff at
least set the Followup-To: header to something more appropriate like
Forum: UK August 6th 08, 09:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 88
Posted By TheMgt
Suggestion

Pete Biggs wrote:
TheMgt wrote:
Could people who can't control the impulse to reply to this stuff at
least set the Followup-To: header to something more appropriate like
uk.transport.

Showing results 1 to 25 of 79