Showing results 1 to 25 of 357
Search took 5.67 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Wheel Rider
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Wheel Rider
New trip for Gracie? Maybe...

I cannot imagine carrying all that gear while riding a unicycle. Her
gear list is suitable for backpacking (hiking) and it does not include
food. She will be riding with at least 40 to 50 pounds of...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Wheel Rider
Riding with a Hernia

It could depend on the type of hernia. If this is the "turn your head
and cough" type then racking yourself probably will not make it worse. I
do think that all the stress of carrying your weight on...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By Wheel Rider
Will you still be riding when you're......

I hope to still be riding when I am 56yo.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips

The art of medicine consists of...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Wheel Rider
Crotch Protection

Compression shorts. They look like bike shorts but do not have padding
and they are a lot cheaper. They fit snug against your skin so the
rubbing takes place against the compression shorts and not...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Wheel Rider
Glad I was wearing a helmet

Several riders from Memphis were riding off-road this morning. After 2
hours of riding, we were 50 yards from being finished when my helmet
suddenly became very useful.

I was riding down the last...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Wheel Rider
What does rain do to your unicycle?

Governor;1159810 wrote:
I really don't know what the frame is made of

(Sodium in contact with water releases hydrogen which then catches fire
from the heat of the reaction.)

--
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Wheel Rider
What does rain do to your unicycle?

Governor;1159795 wrote:
If you are riding your unicycle in the rain or if you soak it with
water, is it bad for it and will it ruin the bearings inside of
it?:confused:
But if you ruin the...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Wheel Rider
Pedal problems!

sigve;1158144 wrote:
Okay, I've got a problem with my pedals. I got some twisted plastics I'm
planing to use this winter, but one of the pedals I cant seem to get
off.
Yes, I am turning it...
Forum: Unicycling December 25th 08, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Wheel Rider
will i fit a 29er uni??

Yes. You have plenty of inseam.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips

The art of medicine consists of keeping...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Wheel Rider
Unicycle for beginner

Whiggi;1148955 wrote:
Hi, first post here, hopefully you guys can help me out
I recently got myself a unicycle off the internet. I went for the
cheapest I could find
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Wheel Rider
How do you set your uni on fire...safely?

I do NOT recommend this. This guy used some sort of special wicking rope
but he used too much wick and too much fuel. Nobody got hurt but the
unicycle took a...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Wheel Rider
How do you set your uni on fire...safely?

This unicycle was in a car fire.

|Filename: burnt uni.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Wheel Rider
Wheel walking.

Jamin;1136984 wrote:
... Keep in mind, because you are going slower you will also need to
focus on balancing side to side with your arms. So practising slow
riding will help in this...
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Wheel Rider
Are handlebars worth it?

redwelly;1133684 wrote:
What's 'too fast'? ;)
Sam

Faster than I could run if I UPD'd.

I have no interest in plowing ground with my face if I UPD off the
front then cannot catch myself.
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Wheel Rider
Learning to turn

Keep practicing. You are doing fine. I think it is better to ride around
turns rather than to twist. Twisting wears out your tire quicker.

For tighter turns to the left, lean left and forward,...
Forum: Unicycling November 18th 08, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Wheel Rider
Are handlebars worth it?

I tried a T-7 handle on my 29er and my Coker. It caused me problems with
mounting and it made me go too fast so I took it off.

It's collecting dust now.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times...
Forum: Unicycling November 8th 08, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Wheel Rider
Should I start unicycling?

3dnf;1127276 wrote:
I was wondering if I should start unicycling or not. Is there risk of
injury of anything when unicycling? If you could get back to me that
would be great....
Forum: Unicycling November 7th 08, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Wheel Rider
Sore Legs!

scott ttocs;1126663 wrote:
... This morning I rode 2-3 miles with some hills. ... It was a
beautiful morning and a lovely ride. :)

.... My elbow is healing up nicely and the rest of the...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Wheel Rider
Unicycle comic strip

UniBrier;1125975 wrote:
But can he ride it one footed?

.

Looks like some of our off-road trails. I am sure the cartoonist has no
idea how accurate this really is.
Forum: Unicycling November 1st 08, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Wheel Rider
A quick bang before today's ride!

Have your ears stopped ringing yet? :rolleyes:

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips

The art of medicine...
Forum: Unicycling October 31st 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Wheel Rider
3 yeras of riding - declaration of love

Bravo!!

The photo of the cows looking at the unicycle made me laugh.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
Forum: Unicycling October 29th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By Wheel Rider
Pictures of your latest ride

Members of the Memphis Unicycle Club last Saturday. We were riding in
the Mud Island River Park next to the Mississippi River. We used to ride
there a lot but they asked us not to ride stairs, walls...
Forum: Unicycling September 7th 08, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Wheel Rider
The Deadly Truth of Shoelaces. (post your shoelace related adventures here)

The first time I wrapped a shoelace (nylon) around a pedal, I was lining
up for a parade and ended up laying in the street in front of a bunch of
people. :o

The second time I wrapped a shoelace...
Forum: Unicycling September 2nd 08, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Wheel Rider
Digital SLR Camera discussion thread

A digital SLR (Single Lens Reflex) camera would cost a lot more than
$400.

Take a look at the Canon PowerShot A620. I have one and it takes great
unicycling photos. I bought mine 2 years ago for...
Forum: Unicycling August 26th 08, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Wheel Rider
Injured Reserve List

I sprained my right ankle on August 3 playing racquetball. I even went
to my doctor to have it x-rayed. He said it was not broken. I am
slowly getting back to riding my unicycles.

My ankle swelled...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 357