Showing results 1 to 25 of 272
Search took 0.70 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PiledHigher
Forum: Australia March 25th 08, 06:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By PiledHigher
This bike's rider is badly hurt. Do you know who he is?

On Mar 25, 4:10*pm, cfsmtb cfsmtb.36t...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
AdelaideNow: This bike's rider is badly hurt. Do you know who he is?
(March 25, 2008...
Forum: Techniques December 4th 07, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By PiledHigher
Why the holes in old BB shells?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2203/2084558421_531a76f621.jpg

More bottom bracket holes, cables thread through and come out a slot
towards the rear (the lip that is visible is presumably to...
Forum: Australia November 28th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By PiledHigher
Rechargeable bike light sans external batteries

On Nov 28, 1:50 pm, MWP wrote:
Are there front lights available that can be recharged and don't come
with a separate battery pack?
Naturally, the solution would be to...
Forum: Australia November 8th 07, 04:43 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 31
Posted By PiledHigher
What small car fits a 55 cm bike in the back easily

I've had 4 54cm roadies in the 5 door Golf (front wheels off only).
Forum: Techniques November 7th 07, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By PiledHigher
Ultra-Torque crank question

On Nov 7, 12:44 pm, "Jeff" wrote:
"PiledHIgher" wrote in message

Broke the...
Forum: Techniques November 6th 07, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By PiledHigher
Ultra-Torque crank question

Broke the retaining bolt yesterday (the one that holds the two sides
of the Horsch (sp) joint together), a LBS found me a shimano
replacement (on a campag set of cranks) to get me home, how...
Forum: Australia October 25th 07, 04:24 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 38
Posted By PiledHigher
New Bike deal at Subway

Shame they have no idea how to measure a bike!

http://www.subwaypromos.com.au/Subway/Images/Bike_Big.jpg
Forum: Australia October 17th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By PiledHigher
How KM's to replace parts on a bike?

On Oct 17, 9:33 am, BT Humble wrote:
wrote:
whole bike? does this depend on how you ride/ what you ride on/ amount
of hill climbing/ amount of...
Forum: Australia October 17th 07, 02:00 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By PiledHigher
Who is going for free grub tomorrow ??

On Oct 17, 10:19 am, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2yk...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
roshea Wrote:

There are also plenty of 'other breakfasts'
(http://www.bv.com.au/join-in/40492/) around...
Forum: Australia September 20th 07, 02:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By PiledHigher
Re wooden bike

On Sep 20, 10:39 am, tim wrote:
On Sep 19, 6:03 pm, Halcyon wrote:

Same with the next link also
Forum: Techniques August 31st 07, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 151
Posted By PiledHigher
Electronic shifting system

On Aug 31, 5:45 pm, Donald Munro wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
The last set of Look pedals I owned were the reason I broke my collarbone.

So sue them for a new...
Forum: Racing August 31st 07, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech

Carl Sundquist wrote:
The last set of Look pedals I owned were the reason I broke my collarbone.

So sue them for a new...
Forum: Australia August 21st 07, 06:16 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 202
Posted By PiledHigher
SA - Road safety program launched with a focus on cyclists

On Aug 21, 2:52 pm, EuanB EuanB.2vn...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Theo Bekkers Wrote:

PiledHigher wrote:
On Aug 21, 11:16 am, "Theo Bekkers" ...
Forum: Australia August 21st 07, 03:42 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 202
Posted By PiledHigher
SA - Road safety program launched with a focus on cyclists

On Aug 21, 11:16 am, "Theo Bekkers" wrote:
Patrick Turner wrote:
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
So the solution is to do what they did with drink-driving.

massive...
Forum: Australia August 13th 07, 04:07 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By PiledHigher
More signs & wonders

On Aug 11, 2:44 pm, TimC -
On 2007-08-10, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)

cfsmtb wrote:
Forum: Australia August 9th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 40
Posted By PiledHigher
'Hell Ride' cyclist fined $400 over man's death

On Aug 9, 11:35 am, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2v0...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Zebee Johnstone Wrote:

Not "the ride". "The ride" isn't the problem or the point. Cyclists
run red...
Forum: Techniques August 8th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By PiledHigher
Carbon fiber bridges.....

On Aug 8, 5:05 am, "
wrote:
On Aug 5, 4:02 pm, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:

Heard a report that the Minneapolis
Forum: Australia August 6th 07, 04:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By PiledHigher
SMH Heckler: Little feet and spinning wheels: never the twain should meet

On Aug 6, 12:43 pm, Campag wrote:
On Aug 6, 10:40 am, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2uv...@no-

mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Amusing, insightful article from SMH's...
Forum: Australia August 3rd 07, 10:27 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By PiledHigher
Reversing van = stuffed wheel

On Aug 3, 5:07 pm, vaudegiant vaudegiant.2uq...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
roshea Wrote:

That would be a good outcome for you, but you need his insurance details
(ie *from...
Forum: Australia August 3rd 07, 05:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By PiledHigher
Two court case outcomes today.

To be sentanced today
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/08/03/1995723.htm?site=illawarra

18 months for hit and run (9months...
Forum: Australia August 2nd 07, 01:20 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 30
Posted By PiledHigher
Tram tracks finally got me

On Aug 2, 10:07 pm, flyingdutch flyingdutch.2uo...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
tram tracks got me back in circa '83.
propping to do righthand turn and at about 2kph got front wheel...
Forum: Australia August 2nd 07, 11:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 30
Posted By PiledHigher
Tram tracks finally got me

On Aug 2, 7:53 pm, "Gags" wrote:

Oh well......I just hope I can go at least another 4.5 years before that
happens again!!!

Gags

That is my pattern, always a...
Forum: Australia August 2nd 07, 02:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By PiledHigher
Shimano Deore DX brake lever question?

On Aug 1, 3:22 pm, "Dave" wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:07:43 -0700, PiledHigher wrote:
Have these levers on a loaner mountain bike with V brakes, they have a
H L...
Forum: Australia August 1st 07, 01:07 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By PiledHigher
Shimano Deore DX brake lever question?

Have these levers on a loaner mountain bike with V brakes, they have a
H L adjust on the brake levers, one is set high, the other low, trying
to understand the reason for these adjusters and how they...
Forum: Australia July 23rd 07, 05:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 62
Posted By PiledHigher
Rasmussen, Bizarre

On Jul 23, 2:55 pm, PiledHigher wrote:

This thread makes me want go get some Danish courage!

Anyone's welcome to join me but be warned we are going Danish.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 272