Showing results 1 to 25 of 137
Search took 1.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DarkTom
Forum: Unicycling August 15th 08, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By DarkTom
British Unicycle Convention - Back on!

Into the blue wrote:
Monkey road trip!
I'm up for that!

Ook.

Oh aye, definitely up for a trip to see some monkeys!
Forum: Unicycling June 3rd 08, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By DarkTom
i need help learning how to idle!!

G'day!

I would advise you to not think about it. It'll just come.

I've been unicycling for 4 years now and am still pretty rubbish at
idling. If I pause while riding to do something I'll be...
Forum: Unicycling May 30th 08, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By DarkTom
The over 30's highjump video challenge

Nice one, Turtle!

Great video!

It's a good one to show people who don't unicycle. They will enjoy it
too.

Nice one!
Forum: Unicycling May 29th 08, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By DarkTom
*UK* New UK forum - A friendly place for UK unicyclists *UK*

There's something about "Yahoo" that makes me want to stay clear. I
don't know why and can't properly explain it, I just don't like the
look of it. And "Yahoo Groups" just sounds dodgy to...
Forum: Unicycling May 12th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By DarkTom
The over 30's highjump video challenge

Just give me 7.5 months and I'll qualify!

T.

--
DarkTom

*"DarkTom of Glasgow, one of the few uni riders here that you really
Forum: Unicycling May 7th 08, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By DarkTom
HAMFEST - UK Muni Event

Nice fotos there, man.

Thanks to all the organisers, and to everyone there, for a great
weekend. I'm a get me out every weekend now so next time I can ride
two days!

T.
Forum: Unicycling April 21st 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By DarkTom
BUC 2008 - bad news

annaats wrote:
I believe if the proposed venue hadnt fallen through they wouldnt have
allowed the disco anyway :mad:

double bugger

--
Forum: Unicycling April 20th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18

joe wrote:
No GKMac = No GKMacDiscothèque :eek:

That's what's got me ****ed off.

T.
Forum: Unicycling April 20th 08, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By DarkTom
BUC 2008 - bad news

bugger

--
DarkTom

*"DarkTom of Glasgow, one of the few uni riders here that you really
musn't mess with" - GkMac
"mondeos can fly" - Pebbles*
Forum: Unicycling April 20th 08, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By DarkTom
HAMFEST - UK Muni Event

No worries, man.

I'm sure I'll fit you in.

Have you got an email? PM it to me if you could.

T.
Forum: Unicycling April 17th 08, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By DarkTom
Unicon XIII and anti-doping measures

"A man should be judged by the quality of his work, not the quality of
his ****".

unicycle6869 wrote:
....Amsterdam before Unicon for a couple days and as many of you know,
weed is legal...
Forum: Unicycling April 5th 08, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By DarkTom
BJC Unicycle on Ice

Nice one!

Who was that wheel-walking?

How you doing Mini? Going to Hamfest?

T.
Forum: Unicycling April 4th 08, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By DarkTom
HAMFEST - UK Muni Event

Zippedy!

Welcome!

I am from Glasgow, and will be driving down to the event after work on
friday. I will be leaving at 5pm. According to Google Earth it takes
2 hours 45 minutes to get to...
Forum: Unicycling March 31st 08, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By DarkTom
KH "dual hole" cranks!?

feel the light wrote:
I wonder if, when the pedal is in the short crank position, it is
possible for the left over crank nub to lever a foot off the pedal on
the upstroke. Like if the foot was...
Forum: Unicycling March 17th 08, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 63
Posted By DarkTom
save your crotch

I don't really understand what goes where either. Got plenty of holey
socks about tho.

I'm sorry but your link just caused much guffaws from me.

harley on 1 wheel wrote:
the idea is its...
Forum: Unicycling March 17th 08, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By DarkTom
Cross Country Ride on KH29.

Good write up, man.

I too have a 24 and a 29, the 29 being quite new and unused compared to
the 24.

I agree with you about uphills and downhills being harder on the bigger
wheel. Also your part...
Forum: Unicycling March 7th 08, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By DarkTom
HAMFEST - UK Muni Event

Posted yesterday.

WooHoo!

T.

--
DarkTom
Forum: Unicycling March 6th 08, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hey hey!

I've just realised that I've got monday the 5th May off work!

Anybody got any plans for the sunday night and half of monday?

T.
Forum: Unicycling March 5th 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 92
Posted By DarkTom
Buc 15, 2008

Thirded!

LucasWintercrane wrote:
DJ GK

I like it, it's got a good ring to it..... DJ GK
Forum: Unicycling March 5th 08, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By DarkTom
HAMFEST - UK Muni Event

Howdy!

It's sorted.

Of course "the mighty fiesta" will make it, I did 365 miles in it on
saturday with no problems at all.

See you all there!
Forum: Unicycling March 4th 08, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By DarkTom
HAMFEST - UK Muni Event

Aye.

I'm up for this.

Google Earth reckons it's 164 miles from my house. I'll probably turn
up in the middle of the night as I'll have to leave after work. But if
the roads aint too bad and I get...
Forum: Unicycling March 3rd 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 92
Posted By DarkTom
Buc 15, 2008

Anyway,

I have just booked 22nd and 25th August off work.

That's a day of driving either end of BUC.

Sweet!

T.
Forum: Unicycling February 28th 08, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By DarkTom
KH 29-inch Muni vs. Surly Conundrum 26-inch Muni

Hi.

With my limited experience on a 29" muni, and loads of experience on a
24" Large Marge muni, here is my opinion.

For what you want to ride, I would go with the KH29.

Hope this helps.
Forum: Unicycling February 28th 08, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 92
Posted By DarkTom
Buc 15, 2008

gkmac wrote:
Thomas, your wish is my command...

Nice one.

Now what did YOU look like during these events?

I bet you were a cool-as-ice Superstar DJ.
Forum: Unicycling February 27th 08, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By DarkTom
Not quite your average unicycle movie...

I'll tell you the problem, you're two years late.

T.