Showing results 1 to 25 of 322
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Helmut Springer
Forum: General June 8th 18, 09:24 AM Posted to de.rec.fahrrad,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Helmut Springer
Petition to bring back SH-SD60 sandals

In de.rec.fahrrad Arno Welzel wrote:
https://www.paul-lange.de/shop/de/shimano/mountain-touring/fahrradsandalen-sh-sd5g.html

Das angegebene Extravolumen im Zehenbereich...
Forum: Techniques November 20th 13, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By Helmut Springer
My Handlebars Dissolved

Frank Krygowski wrote:
But again, every anodized part I'm familiar with was smooth.

Depends on the surfsce before anodizing, e.g. Ritchey bars which have
been shot peened are...
Forum: Techniques November 16th 13, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Helmut Springer
New B&M Lights with Wide Beam and Daytime Mode Available

sms wrote:
A flashing red rear tail light long ago became the identifying
characteristic of a bicycle at night, at least in most countries,
and it was made legal...
Forum: Techniques October 23rd 13, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 46
Posted By Helmut Springer
While everyone is bashing BUMM, we shouldn't forget that one of their lamps is clearly the very best in the world

Andre Jute wrote:
While everyone is meanly bashing BUMM for being supinely
law-abiding,

That's only for a very specific "everybody"...

--
Best regards
helmut springer ...

Condor wrote:
I just purchased an old 7400 DA Uniglide Hub and now converting to
single speed. My question is for anyone is: Can I use with a Dura
Ace track lockring on...
Forum: Techniques August 12th 13, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By Helmut Springer
speaking of Jobst

wrote:
So no word for two years about Jobst's health?

I find it sad.

I would assume that is just the way it is with regards to the
public, USENet being part of...
Forum: Techniques July 28th 13, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Helmut Springer
27.5 is the new 29

Joe Riel wrote:
584mm 650B falls between MTB 559mm and 700C 622mm, nowhere near
27" 630mm rims.

What is the diameter of a 29er rim? Rim and wheel?

622mm.

--
Best...
Forum: Techniques July 11th 13, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Frank Krygowski wrote:
Seems to me an amazing amount of earth's manufacturing now happens
in China. They seem able to ship those items to the U.S. at very
low...
Forum: Techniques May 11th 13, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Helmut Springer
Is it a front strobe convention? No, it's "Bike to Work Day!"

sms wrote:
Strobes are illegal here in Germany and AFAIK in most of Europe
on civil vehicles, and rightly so.

Too bad.

No, really not, believe me. It makes a...
Forum: Techniques January 10th 13, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 709
Posted By Helmut Springer
entry level lights to see by

Andre Jute wrote:
I admire your loyalty to your friend but you're attempting to
defend the indefensible.

On a sidenote I doubt Andreas would necessarily call me a...
Forum: Techniques January 10th 13, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By Helmut Springer
CYCLOCROSS

AMuzi wrote:
PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY CYCLOCROS CHAMPIONHIP RACING IS HELD NEAR MADISON wISCONIN IN JANUARY ?

IT'S TOO HOT IN MIAMI AND THEY HAVE A CAPS LOCK PROBLEM...
Forum: Techniques January 10th 13, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 709
Posted By Helmut Springer
entry level lights to see by

Andre Jute wrote:
He publishes test scenario, parameters and resulting data for
everyone to base his own conclusions on those, a common practise
for engineers.

Forum: Techniques January 10th 13, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 709
Posted By Helmut Springer
entry level lights to see by

Andre Jute wrote:
Oehler not only comments freely on competitive products, he
pretends to be unbiased, conducting tests published in German
magazines,

He publishes test...
Forum: Techniques January 4th 13, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 709
Posted By Helmut Springer
entry level lights to see by

SMS wrote:
Quite rare around here to see a cyclist with lights where the
front light is not a strobe.

Strobes are illegal in Germany, which happens to have a rather...
Forum: Techniques January 4th 13, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By Helmut Springer
speaking of Jobst

wrote:
It does amaze me that we somehow evolved in a way to be harmed in
so many ways by the sun. It's not like sunlight is a new
phenomenon.

We become much older thus...
Forum: Techniques January 3rd 13, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 82
Posted By Helmut Springer
speaking of Jobst

Dan O wrote:
Even the strongest believers in foam hats would be unlikely to
wear one in the hospital, where his brain injury (from stroke)
happened. Nor would many of...
Forum: Techniques September 20th 12, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Helmut Springer
Lifetime = 10 years in German

Király wrote:
Seen on the box of the Kryptonite Evolution lock I bought today:

Lifetime Warranty
Garantie à Vie
Garantia de Por Vida
10 Jährige Garantie

That's...
Forum: Techniques August 14th 12, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Helmut Springer
Dura Ace bar end shifter

Peter Howard wrote:
I bought a pair of 9 speed Shimano SL-BS77 Dura Ace bar end
shifters with the intention of using them on a utility bike with a
Deore LX rear...
Forum: Techniques August 3rd 12, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 63
Posted By Helmut Springer
Olympic Time Trial

I_am_cycle_pathic wrote:
NO! Reaming or drilling parts is not needed (or in many caes wise)
when bicycles are already at the legal low limit for sanctioned
road...
Forum: Techniques June 8th 12, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Helmut Springer
semi-Horizontal forward facing dropout questions

Keiron wrote:
I've been having repeated problems with bent axles on my cheap
mountain bike but the rear triangle alignment seems fine so now
I'm wondering about...
Forum: Techniques May 27th 12, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By Helmut Springer
Are V brakes & Drop bar levers much better than Cantilevers?

Chalo wrote:
If you think a bike is more tool than toy, then hydraulic brakes
are probably not for you.

Interestingly Magura hydraulic rim brakes are popular with...
Forum: Techniques April 18th 12, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Helmut Springer
Noisy high-end bikes: because they're carbon frames?

Chalo wrote:
The lighter and larger and more locally supple the structure of a
frame, the more it can resonate sound.

I noticed when migrating all parts from an Aelle...
Forum: Techniques April 12th 12, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Helmut Springer
Safety tabs are filed off on race bikes for faster wheel changes.

wrote:
Lawyer lips will be needed when disc brakes come into use?

Forward facing drop outs resolve that issue, so: no.

--
MfG/Best regards
helmut...
Replies: 35
Posted By Helmut Springer
Safety tabs are filed off on race bikes for faster wheel changes.

Jay Beattie wrote:
There are lots of reported cases of wheel ejections on civilian
bikes.

I fail to see those, happen to have a data source?

--
MfG/Best...
Forum: Techniques March 13th 12, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

sms88 wrote:
The German law is intended to protect domestic manufacturers'
domestic sales.

Good one 8)

Not just for bicycles of course either, flashing lights...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 322