Showing results 1 to 25 of 369
Search took 3.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dudewithasock
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By dudewithasock
Will you still be riding when you're......

I suck right now, but I like to think I'll get slowly better at
street/trials/flatland as I enter my 20's and work my way through them.
When I get up to 30's and beyond, I dunno how much of the...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By dudewithasock
UDC product descriptions confusing me

http://unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=844

That's my hub, so yeah the bearings are fine. Just not sure on the
distance between them.

I guess I'll take my chances, the Nimbus frames are at...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By dudewithasock
UDC product descriptions confusing me

Basically, I want to buy a new frame for 2006 20" Qu-ax trials uni, and
don't want to fork out the money for a KH frame. I decided the Nimbus 2
will be fine for me, buuut...

'This one'...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By dudewithasock
Happy New Year RSU!

Happy New Year from Texas!

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.
:cool:
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By dudewithasock
What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

Living in the south, 'cold' for me is 30s and low 40s, in which case
I'll probably wear a long sleeve shirt, hoodie, and jeans, along with my
normal riding gloves. If I'm riding really hard I'll...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By dudewithasock
Unicycle Game [MMOCC]

I'm digging the isometric look, reminds me of Habbo Hotel (which I
personally hate, but that's mostly because of the community...the
environment is still well-designed).

Also, you might get more...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By dudewithasock
Any unicyclists in the Macy's parade this year?

I recall last year seeing a big troupe of one-wheelers in the parade.
Any chance of that this year?

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling...
Forum: Unicycling November 22nd 08, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 80
Posted By dudewithasock
What trick would you like to see in SLOW MOTION?

reprah;1134935 wrote:
pamela sue anderson running on a beach.

+3

--
dudewithasock
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Next thing you know, we'll be seeing "No skateboards, bicycles,
rollerblades, or unicycles on the premises". :mad:

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By dudewithasock
Help with the seet wrap and idleing.

It looks like you're trying to do a leg wrap, not sure why you're
calling it a seat wrap...
But in any case, for leg wraps, I'd recommend getting side-mounts down
first, basically a leg wrap where...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By dudewithasock
Campus riding

surndr;1130345 wrote:
Thanks for the ideas I guess I will just take it into class with me.
Dudewithasock do you go to Texas A&M ?

Yessir. Proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By dudewithasock
A must see thread!!!

This forum.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.
:cool:
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By dudewithasock
Campus riding

1) I've never been yelled at by a fellow student or university official
for unicycling (well, apart from positive stuff). Everyone here seems to
love it.

2) I lock mine up at bike wraps with a...
Forum: Unicycling October 13th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By dudewithasock
Not Getting Any Better...

The general answer to your question is that for anything more advanced
then the basic skills, you can't just look at it and say "ok, time to
learn a crankflip!". You have to break it into components....
Forum: Unicycling October 9th 08, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By dudewithasock
Today I... (brag thread)

Got leg wraps down pretty well tonight, made me happy.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.
:cool:
Forum: Unicycling October 7th 08, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By dudewithasock
Who misses Dan Heaton?

Dan's riding is an inspiration to me. Shaun's is not. That is all.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.
:cool:
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 08, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By dudewithasock
Who misses Dan Heaton?

I miss Dan. :(

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.
:cool:
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 08, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By dudewithasock
Freakin tubes keep popping

The thing is with all this, I also use my qu-ax for learning
street/flatland stuff, so I don't want a tube that would limit anything
there.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling...
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 08, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By dudewithasock
Freakin tubes keep popping

I do that anyway.

I'll try what you're suggesting, though I found some 2.25" tubes online
and bought some, but I dunno when they'll be here.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 08, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By dudewithasock
Freakin tubes keep popping

Do I seal it back up, or just kinda leave it open like a sleeve?

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.
:cool:
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 08, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By dudewithasock
Freakin tubes keep popping

Does it mess up the compression at all? For hops, I mean?

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.
:cool:
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 08, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By dudewithasock
Freakin tubes keep popping

Buying new ones. I ran out of stuff in my patch kit.

I searched online for trials tubes, and I seriously cannot find any
vendors...in fact I'm getting unicyclist.com threads as the first
results,...
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 08, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By dudewithasock
Freakin tubes keep popping

samsta002;1106086 wrote:
Well the guy fitted it on a school day so i wasnt there. After closer
inspection of the spare- a Fortune Motorcycle Tube, it doesnt actually
say what size it is.
on...
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 08, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By dudewithasock
Freakin tubes keep popping

Yeah I have the good ol' yellow-hub qu-ax, 19" rim. Hm, I guess I'll try
that...the 3 inches really wasn't too wide?

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling...
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 08, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By dudewithasock
Freakin tubes keep popping

Howdy ags...er, unicyclists,
I ride a 20" Qu-ax splined trials with a 20x2.5" Maxis Creepy Crawler
tire. I cannot seem to find a tube that's big enough for it. My LBS has
a 1.75"-2.125" tube at the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 369