Showing results 1 to 25 of 106
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: lunicycle
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 85
Posted By lunicycle
A warning on pipe-cutters

GizmoDuck;1169703 wrote:

Throw away the pipe cutter and get a hacksaw guide. It'll save you
alot of heartache and trouble. It's actually just as quick to cut down
your post.

There is...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 85
Posted By lunicycle
A warning on pipe-cutters

dunno Ken, sounds awfully unlucky or something else is going on.

I have two KH36 frames here, and a bunch of seat posts all cut using a
small pipe cutter. Zero problems with seat posts getting...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 11:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By lunicycle
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

Thanks Corbin, great info!

I'm enjoying the 29" GUNI, but 1:1.5 on the 29" off road riding might
be less useful than I thought it would be, unless I go to a longer
crank. Too fast and not enough...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By lunicycle
"Where no MUni has gone before...."

That spoof intro is an absolute classic, loved it! Thanks Terry!

--
lunicycle
lunicycle's Profile:...
Replies: 53
Posted By lunicycle
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

Corbin how do you think the riding experience of the 24 GUNI in 1:1.5
mode off road compares to a single speed 36" off road?

Are you finding you can ride the 24 GUNI 1:1.5 'virtual 36'...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By lunicycle
Geared hub advice needed.

fwiw (I've only had a GUNI the last week or so) what I've found helpful
getting started so far is:

- going to a longer crank, which feels a bit goofy in 1:1 but
definitely helps in making the shift...
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By lunicycle
Close Call

mate I'm just glad you got it on video! :p

--
lunicycle
lunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16926

Today... well ok it was yesterday... I put my 29" GUNI together, went
for my first GUNI off road ride and didn't end up in hospital. The speed
is a real hoot, and the gear shifting even after only a...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By lunicycle
Schlumpf hub setup discussion thread

siafirede;1151112 wrote:
My hub was an upgrade and came with the note attached. I am sure that
new hubs don't need the injection (unless otherwised noted).

I wondered about that, I guess...
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By lunicycle
[AUS] Melbourne Summer Cycle 2009, February 22nd

Entries have opened for 2009 Melbourne Summer Cycle, a 40km ride around
the city on Sunday February 22nd, raising money for Multiple Sclerosis:
http://www.msaustralia.org.au/msc

If anyone wants to...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By lunicycle
Does anyone use a Brake-Booster?

Have never felt a booster was necessary on the KH unis.

--
lunicycle
lunicycle's Profile:...

Look forward to receiving issue 7 Mike. Uni Magazine rocks!

--
lunicycle
lunicycle's Profile:...

You can register your interest in next years Great Ocean Road ride:
http://tinyurl.com/6qv9kj

Looks like the last Great Vic Great Ocean Road ride was huge, over 8000
riders! Would be great to have a...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By lunicycle
Today I... (brag thread)

Today I collected my Schlumpf hub, woohooo!

|Filename: schlumpfday.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By lunicycle
Great Victorian Bike Ride

MT High;1146121 wrote:
Next year's ride will be from Portland to Geelong, along the Great Ocean
Road. If any unicyclists are interested in doing this ride let me know.
I think entries will be...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By lunicycle
29" XC GUNI Rim Options

phlegm;1146085 wrote:
Do you mean 29.2mm narrow? Why anyone would want to use a rim narrower
than the KH29 for offroad riding is beyond me. You'll have to run a
higher tire pressure than a...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By lunicycle
29" XC GUNI Rim Options

Thanks guys. I had a dig around, for better or worse I'm going to give
this one a go, the RHYNO LITE XL, 29.2mm wide. I'll keep the original
wheel as is, in case of problems with the geared...
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By lunicycle
29" XC GUNI Rim Options

My geared hub should arrive this week. I've pretty much settled on
building up a 29" GUNI, primarily for off road XC use.

Apart from the KH29 rim, are there any other rims people recommend
checking...
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By lunicycle
[AUS] UDC 12 Days of Christmas

http://tinyurl.com/6gbckm

--
lunicycle
lunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16926
View this thread:...
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By lunicycle
Which spoke gauge is best for KH29 MUni?

corbin;1143652 wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/3yt4vr

This looks to be the one the wheel builder in Melbourne uses. He had
some extensions made so it could fit 36" wheels as well.
Forum: Unicycling December 5th 08, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By lunicycle
A Helmet Epiffany, I'm going to let you in on it...

That style of helmet is way too hot for me, much prefer the typical
bicycle/MTB style helmets for airflow etc. The shade the typical
bicycle/MTB helmets make from the visor etc is handy on long rides...
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By lunicycle
Which spoke gauge is best for KH29 MUni?

I think the key thing is a good wheel build.

As an example of that, the wheel on my KH36 when it arrived was fairly
borked - out of true, out of round, SO much flex and quite a few spokes
so...
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By lunicycle
Cyclic Navigator event (Victoria, Australia)

The Cyclic Navigator held on the weekend was great fun!

Everyone was very welcoming of a unicyclist joining in, and the local
newspaper came out and did a story on it which turned out to be half...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By lunicycle
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

That would be great to see Corbin.

My geared hub may arrive next week and I haven't 100% decided what size
GUNI to build. A 24" GUNI is an outside chance, but it will most likely
be a 36" GUNI,...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By lunicycle
Help with KH brake lever mount

I came across the same problem a while back.

There really should be no need for the customer to mess around with
modifications, filing etc especially when fitting a KH brake bracket to
a KH seat.....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 106