Showing results 1 to 25 of 144
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Happi Monday
Forum: UK August 5th 09, 01:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 253
Posted By Happi Monday
Helmets

Peter Grange wrote:
On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 14:13:40 +0200, Ace wrote:

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 05:05:04 -0700 (PDT), Simon Brooke
wrote:

On 5...
Forum: UK August 5th 09, 01:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 253
Posted By Happi Monday
Helmets

Toom Tabard wrote:

A motorsports helmet is of course of a robust design. But in
collisions between motor vehicles and cyclist, where the cyclist bangs
his head, a cycle helmet may in many...
Forum: UK August 5th 09, 10:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 253
Posted By Happi Monday
Helmets

Now that Massa is out of hospital and doing OK......

I wonder, why on earth did he wear that silly helmet? Had he not
bothered the "missile" would have simply grazed his forehead needing
nothing...
Forum: UK August 5th 09, 09:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Happi Monday
How can I make my MTB a bit more functional in The City?

Pip Ryder wrote:
I used to live in the country, muddy tracks and hills abound, so I got
myself a nice MTB.

However, I moved south and there they don't have mud, just miles and
miles of...
Forum: UK August 3rd 09, 10:27 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 75
Posted By Happi Monday
How much to pay for a cycle helmet?

£8 in Lidl, Wilkinsons etc.
Forum: UK August 3rd 09, 10:25 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 75
Posted By Happi Monday
How much to pay for a cycle helmet?

£8 in Lidl, Wilkinsons etc.
Forum: UK August 3rd 09, 10:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Happi Monday
Toyota ad

Nuxx Bar wrote:
On Aug 1, 2:02 pm, Happi Monday wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I thought it was amusing that the tune used in the Toyota Ad (Love You
by The...
Forum: UK August 1st 09, 02:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Happi Monday
Toyota ad

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
I thought it was amusing that the tune used in the Toyota Ad (Love You
by The Free Design) mentions bicycles, tricycles and running but not
cars :-)

That's...
Forum: UK July 29th 09, 08:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Happi Monday
Slow Cycling

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
Today I tried some of this Slow Cycling that seems to be all the rage.
I left the office at ten past five dressed in normal clothes and
pootled along the Thames...
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 07:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 48
Posted By Happi Monday
BBC News 24 says Bradley Wiggins "failed"

bugbear wrote:
Happi Monday wrote:
Terry wrote:
According to the BBC News 24 sports news, "Bradley Wiggins failed in
his podium
attempt...".

The man has exceeded all...
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 07:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 48
Posted By Happi Monday
BBC News 24 says Bradley Wiggins "failed"

Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:20:38 +0100
Phil Cook wrote:

To see Big George leap on the pedals to propel the THR leadout man
Mark Renshaw into...
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 09:16 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Happi Monday
Cavendish Wins !!

Luitenant Verkramp wrote:
yeeehaaaaw !

Funny, I thought that toothy Spanish guy won...Contador?
Forum: UK July 27th 09, 09:16 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Happi Monday
TDF query

Simon Brooke wrote:

Question for m'learned friends: who was the last British rider to wear
a national champion's jersey in the Tour?

That'd be Millar.
Forum: UK July 26th 09, 06:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Happi Monday
Cavendish Wins !!

Just zis ****, you know? wrote:
On Jul 26, 5:46 pm, Marc wrote:
Luitenant Verkramp wrote:
yeeehaaaaw !
****!

Donkey Rapist!!.........you're...
Forum: UK July 26th 09, 06:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Happi Monday
TDF query

Bill wrote:
Can anyone tell me why one of the SaxoBank riders is wearing a red jersey.
I looked up red jersey, now defunct as a tour jersey, and Saxobank but can't
find an answer.

Forum: UK July 26th 09, 11:04 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Happi Monday
Parlez-vous Tour-de-Français?

Nigel Cliffe wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/mafrance/html/tour_de_france/

Handy French (WOCAB) vocab for the Tour, spotted too late to be of
Forum: UK July 26th 09, 10:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Terry wrote:
According to the BBC News 24 sports news, "Bradley Wiggins failed in his podium
attempt...".

The man has exceeded all expectations, in an astonishing achievement, after
Forum: UK July 25th 09, 10:58 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Happi Monday
Kitchen Prawn

Jim wrote:
The problem is more going _down_ hills as I have to do
135rpm to maintain 25mph.

Exactly! Fixies may be light, but they are virtually useless on varied
terrain (might be OK in...
Forum: UK July 25th 09, 10:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Happi Monday
1546: MARK CAVENDISH WINS STAGE 19 OF THE TOUR DE FRANCE!

John Clayton wrote:
There is no 'sense of humour' about destroying a lot of people's
evening entertainment. It's just meanness and spitefulness.

then stay off the internet, don't watch TV,...
Forum: UK July 25th 09, 10:53 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Happi Monday
1546: A CYCLIST WINS STAGE 19 OF THE TOUR DE FRANCE!

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:57:20 +0100, Happi Monday
wrote:

Don't come here until the evening then = problem solved.
Why should the world...
Forum: UK July 24th 09, 07:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Happi Monday
1546: MARK CAVENDISH WINS STAGE 19 OF THE TOUR DE FRANCE!

Nigel Cliffe wrote:
(Note to self, don't
look at usenet on Saturday until after watching the stage).

You're learning
Forum: UK July 24th 09, 07:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Happi Monday
1546: A CYCLIST WINS STAGE 19 OF THE TOUR DE FRANCE!

Roger Thorpe wrote:
Luitenant Verkramp wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/8167014.stm

If you feel the need to do this sort of thing tomorrow then please try
to...
Forum: UK July 21st 09, 09:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Happi Monday
Tired legs - I can't ride well anymore!

Do you drink enough (a lot) fluids (ie.water - not beer!)?
Forum: UK July 20th 09, 09:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 38
Posted By Happi Monday
Wiggo for the win? (SPOILERS, speculation)

Simon Brooke wrote:
or if Astana is forced to withdraw from the
race (which still would not surprise me)

Why? I haven't heard any rumours...have you? Please share.

Happi
Forum: UK July 19th 09, 07:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Happi Monday
Kitchen Prawn

Jim wrote:
Finally finished my fixed conversion last weekkend, putting on the bartape
and new saddle, only about a year since I started the project by westling
the stem out of the forks.

Showing results 1 to 25 of 144