Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mike[_3_]
Forum: Mountain Biking June 30th 09, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 0
Posted By mike[_3_]
Wellgo peddle disassemble instructions

I am wondering if anyone has ever dissassembled a set of Wellgo B-81
or simular platform peddles. It looks like the axil/bearings are loose
in mine. I have removed the outside bolt on the peddle the...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 6th 09, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 7
Posted By mike[_3_]
hydration on multi-day ride

I am in the process of putting together the gear needed for a 5 day
mountain bike ride that is planned for this spring/summer, and am now
looking into the water situation.
Both myself and my female...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 18th 08, 12:38 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_3_]
Hydro vs. Mec Disk brakes

On Nov 17, 8:58*pm, wizardB wrote:
mike wrote:
I am currently in the process of upgradng my disk brakes. My main
reason for doing this is durability and dirt tollerance. I...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 17th 08, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_3_]
Hydro vs. Mec Disk brakes

I am currently in the process of upgradng my disk brakes. My main
reason for doing this is durability and dirt tollerance. I currently
have a set of mechanical Hayes MX4 (160mm rear rotor and 180mm...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 3rd 08, 11:13 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By mike[_3_]
"Trail bike" new bike Catagory or marketing

Just a simple question, is a trail bike actually a new catagory of
bike, or a buzz word?

The reason I ask is that from what I keep hearing, this 'type' of bike
sounds like the kind of bike I would...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 30th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 0
Posted By mike[_3_]
FSA Power Drive BB Replacement

Does anyone know anything about the Full Speed Ahead Power Drive
Bottom Bracket?
I am trying to find a replacement without replacing my FSA Dyno
crank.
It looks like an ISIS, but as per FSA, it is...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 28th 08, 12:33 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By mike[_3_]
All Mountain/XC tires

Mike,

I would love to argue but you just don't make any sense. Why are you
in the mountain bike news group, and not over at the street racing
group? You would have a better chance spreading your...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 26th 08, 03:39 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By mike[_3_]
All Mountain/XC tires

It is yet again time for new tires.
I am currently running a pair of Kenda Kinetics (2.35x26) and they are
now due to be replaced.
I love these tires as they have been good in all the...
Forum: Social Issues September 26th 08, 01:30 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry
Replies: 12
Posted By mike[_3_]
Bikes Are for RIDING, Not Carrying on the Back of a Car!

Unlike some, I will try to keep this on topic.

If your vehicle is capable of towing a small trailer, the hitch style
is the best choice all around. Not only does if get a hitch on your
vehicle, that...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 26th 08, 01:30 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry
Replies: 12
Posted By mike[_3_]
Bikes Are for RIDING, Not Carrying on the Back of a Car!

Unlike some, I will try to keep this on topic.

If your vehicle is capable of towing a small trailer, the hitch style
is the best choice all around. Not only does if get a hitch on your
vehicle, that...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 18th 08, 03:25 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_3_]
To Build, or Buy?

On Sep 17, 7:08*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per mike:

Any recommendation or input to this?
Do I go all new and ok? Or year old heavier frame, with sweet
components?

Forum: Mountain Biking September 17th 08, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_3_]
To Build, or Buy?

This summer, due to money issues, I was unable to purchase the I had
been planning to buy. As a result, I ended up purchasing an Iron Horse
Warrior 3.0 as a big to get me by until next year.
The...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 11th 08, 12:54 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By mike[_3_]
Rotor truing (almost every ride)

On Sep 10, 8:40 am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

I warped the front rotors on my truck twice by dutifully hosing
off the undercarriage after trips on the beach.

Took me awhile...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 9th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By mike[_3_]
Rotor truing (almost every ride)

I am running a pair of MX4 mechanical disk brakes (160mm). I have
noticed that I have to true my rotors after almost every ride.
My rides generally consist of 15-30km of rough, all mountain...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 26th 08, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_3_]
bike sizing

I am now in the market to pick out my new bike.

The big concern I am having with picking out a new bike is sizing.
I understand the ride hight I need, and seat hight, but am a bit
concerned with the...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 20th 08, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 0
Posted By mike[_3_]
Piece of cycle history lost in Toronto

Duke's Cycle, locate on Queen St. in Toronto since 1914 was lost today
during a massive fire.
http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/305207

Mike
Forum: Mountain Biking February 13th 08, 01:16 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment
Replies: 65
Posted By mike[_3_]
Michael J. Vandeman - psuedoscience and mythology

I am not sure what is worse, the fact that I have a busy msg thread,
that is completely off topic, or that I was the one that started this.
Anyway, can't beat them, joining them.

As for the tree...
Forum: Social Issues February 13th 08, 01:16 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment
Replies: 42
Posted By mike[_3_]
Michael J. Vandeman - psuedoscience and mythology

I am not sure what is worse, the fact that I have a busy msg thread,
that is completely off topic, or that I was the one that started this.
Anyway, can't beat them, joining them.

As for the tree...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 12th 08, 01:22 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By mike[_3_]
Mountain Bike Bottom Bracket selection

I will have the tools today to remove the BB to obtain the actual
measurements.
The frame is an older Raleigh Canada MicroLite (~1998). I have removed
the crack on a number of occations in the past,...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 12th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By mike[_3_]
Mountain Bike Bottom Bracket selection

Hopefully this should be an easy question to ask;

I am in the market for a new bottom bracket for my mountain bike.
The BB has the square crank mountings.
I have not pulled the BB out yet, so I do...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 10th 08, 04:26 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By mike[_3_]
Hardtail vs. Softtail

Maybe if I was riding on an organized trail or a golf course I would
worry about the mud that was removed.
Forum: Mountain Biking February 5th 08, 05:54 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By mike[_3_]
Hardtail vs. Softtail

Dave:

This bike would be for recreational riding only. I have a car,
motorcycle and rollerblades for commuting to work, stores, etc.

Given all the responses, I am still kind of stuck.
Being that I...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 4th 08, 06:41 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By mike[_3_]
Hardtail vs. Softtail

On Feb 4, 1:36*pm, mike wrote:
The budget will be a couple grand (~ $2500 to $3000CND).
The hardtail I am currently riding set me back about $2k back in 1998.
I kind of...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 4th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By mike[_3_]
Hardtail vs. Softtail

The budget will be a couple grand (~ $2500 to $3000CND).
The hardtail I am currently riding set me back about $2k back in 1998.
I kind of hate giving up the old girl as my main bike, but the frame
is...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 4th 08, 04:20 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By mike[_3_]
Hardtail vs. Softtail

As a number of us in the office are looking at new bikes this spring
(some lucky shop is going to love us), the debate between the hardtail
and softtail is starting.
Being a long time hardtail rider,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43