Showing results 1 to 25 of 117
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Keldridge
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 107
Posted By Keldridge
unflatering riding pics.

My son Brandon... one of his first times on dirt well over a year
ago...

-Kelly

|Filename: Brandon2.JPG ...
Forum: Unicycling May 21st 08, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Keldridge
Ride the Lobster Teams- place your bets!

I know everyone is just kinda chatting about a really cool thing, but I
wonder if some of you realize that you are the absolute best in the
world at something. I wonder how often some of you folx...
Forum: Unicycling January 31st 08, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By Keldridge
Unusally little "traffic" in RSU!

We've had snow up in the Reno area for what seems like 2 weeks
straight...

I haven't ridden in almost a month... :(

The forums have seemed somewhat repetitive... I can often scan down the
titles...
Forum: Unicycling January 23rd 08, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Keldridge
RUni?!

Hmmm... Runi is much too close to Ruin for my tastes...

Are we really so lazy that the word "road" is too long? Or "distance"?

I like the word muni... but often don't say it cuz the M gets a...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 08, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Keldridge
Issues...

To start with... a decently high tire pressure is easier IMO. Its
easier to turn the wheel and it offers a bit less resistance... its
more predictable...

Divebomber... A couple things I did when I...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 68
Posted By Keldridge
The Best MUNI riders ??

I agree that muni might just be too wide of a skill set, and too
dependent on terrain to really know who is "the best." When I ride
with people... I can generally tell if they are better than me...
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 07, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Keldridge
Want to ride the lobster

Correct... you can do it anywhere...

--
Keldridge
Keldridge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14019

My weight loss experience...

About a year ago... I was 240lbs and somewhere around 6'3 or 6'4. I
decided to get in better shape. I did cross country and track in high
school and college, and one...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 07, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Keldridge
Unicycle carrier for the car

I would rather have the tire catch the bugs... ;)

-Keld

--
Keldridge
Keldridge's Profile:...

Hmmm... looks like just enough time to do Christmas, hop on a plane, and
get there for us in the states. My kids would have to take about a
week off school to make it work as they get back pretty...
Forum: Unicycling October 15th 07, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By Keldridge
Today I... (brag thread)

Today my son and I got on the front page of our local paper...

http://nevadaappeal.com/article/20071015/NEWS/110150123

-Keld

--...
Forum: Unicycling October 15th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 54
Posted By Keldridge
Cross Country Vs MUni?

I agree that XC is a subset of muni...

My thinking... if you would take a mountain b*ke on the route... its
muni...

I guess most rides (that I have done anyway) would be XC with...
Forum: Unicycling October 15th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Keldridge
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Ahhh... Unicycle man... that's awesome...

I had a sorta weird ride over the weekend... I come riding into a park
in town, and there is some kind of memorial service going on at a
monument to fallen...
Forum: Unicycling October 15th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By Keldridge
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...)

Front page of our local paper:

'THE OLD ONE' AND 'THE GOOD ONE'

Father and son learn unicycling together

Dave Frank
Appeal Staff Writer
Forum: Unicycling October 1st 07, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Keldridge
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Well, I was riding by a gold course, and a guy on a cart gave me the old
"yer missing half yer bike.." I just said "Naw... I'm saving it for
later..."

The guy and his partners got a good laugh out...
Forum: Unicycling September 30th 07, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 156
Posted By Keldridge
24 Hour World Record attempt in Aberystwyth, UK

Amazing... and Congratulations!

I've never ridden even 1/10th that far...

Is 300 still a possibility?

-Keld

--
Forum: Unicycling September 29th 07, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 156
Posted By Keldridge
24 Hour World Record attempt in Aberystwyth, UK

Heh... this thread is sorta funny to me...

People all over the world (me included) hitting refresh... refresh...
refresh... wanting to know whats going on... hows he doing? where's a
picture......
Forum: Unicycling September 29th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 88
Posted By Keldridge
24 Hour World Record attempt in Aberystwyth, UK

Actually... since he is starting at about 9:30 am... he could count from
midnight to 9:30am as his second day, no? And at an average pace of 10
mph, he should be good and qualified... ;)

Even if it...
Forum: Unicycling September 28th 07, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Keldridge
so where are they? (videos of the better riders)

I noticed that since FLUCK Shaun J. has been rather quiet... I guess it
was his first major event and I know he didn't do as well as expected
in the street competition... Did maybe something...
Forum: Unicycling September 26th 07, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 84
Posted By Keldridge
What is the product of your drop height, age, height, and weight?

Hrmmm... something I actually look respectable at...

I am 1,665,000 (2.5 x 37 x 75 x 240)

I might go do a 3.1 foot drop just to join the 2 million club... Or
eat a few cheeseburgers...

-Keld
Forum: Unicycling September 18th 07, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Keldridge
"legal" definition of bicycle in CA

I guess, according to this definition, geared uni's would also be
bicycles. Which would bring up a mess... A guy on a coker is not on a
bike, but the person next to him on a geared 29er is......
Forum: Unicycling September 14th 07, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 121
Posted By Keldridge
New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

johnfoss wrote:

Keldridge,
*Velo* looks like Torker (looks like Nimbus, KH, no-name and others).
They all probably come from the same factory. Viscount is different;
metal base with foam...
Forum: Unicycling September 14th 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 121
Posted By Keldridge
New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

Ok... sorry for my ignorance...

But it looks like the Viscount seat on the new coker is about the same
as the seat on a Torker DX... Are they the same or very close?

-Keld

--
Keldridge
Forum: Unicycling September 7th 07, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

So... a BC wheel with a training wheel... and a bit of a frame...

I guess it could be fun... didn't look extremely durable... could be
flat out scary to ride down a significant hill...

-Keld

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 1st 07, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By Keldridge
Where does your uni sleep?

Mine sleeps in my van mostly, and my son's sleeps in the living room...

-Keld

--
Keldridge
Keldridge's Profile:...