Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bryanska
Forum: General April 3rd 08, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By bryanska
Quill stem slipping in steerer - how can I fix this?

I am resurrecting an old Rockhopper with a quill stem. I can't get the
quill stem to stop rotating in the steere. Seeing as will ride off
road, I need it to STAY.

The quill stem is greased. But no...
Forum: General September 28th 07, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By bryanska
New bike fever - want something fast, Tiagra or 105, with rear rack mount

Not that anyone cares, but...

Bought a 2007 Specialized Tricross Comp.

LIGHT YEARS faster than my Fuji Touring. On the first day of riding, I
got caught in rain on my commute home. So I sprinted,...
Forum: General September 9th 07, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By bryanska
frame materials

If you are saying the a CFRP frame *sounds* different than a steel or
aluminum frame, you are exactly correct.- Hide quoted text -

No, I am confident in saying it's a different molecular...
Forum: Techniques August 18th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By bryanska
Looking to upgrade Fuji Touring components - help me figure it out?

Width is the spindle width. If you change the BB width you can hose the
chainline, but perhaps it's possible.

Thank you! This is exactly the stuff I am clueless about.

I was thinking of getting...
Forum: General August 18th 07, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By bryanska
Upgrading a bike, need help figuring out the components

I have a 2004 Fuji Touring with some cheap components, and I want to
figure out some upgrades.

--------------

First, the crankset. It's a RPM-branded triple 30-42-52. I'm not
happy
with the cranks...
Forum: Techniques August 18th 07, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By bryanska
Looking to upgrade Fuji Touring components - help me figure it out?

I have a 2004 Fuji Touring with some cheap components, and I want to
figure out some upgrades.

--------------

First, the crankset. It's a RPM-branded triple 30-42-52. I'm not happy
with the cranks...
Forum: General July 23rd 07, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 242
Posted By bryanska
Braking the Fixie

During a charity ride, you can ask local authorities permission to
have a group of strong riders stop and direct traffic so the peloton
stays together.

I'm not sure if I agree with that. It...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 07, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 228
Posted By bryanska
Braking the Fixie

During a charity ride, you can ask local authorities permission to
have a group of strong riders stop and direct traffic so the peloton
stays together.

I'm not sure if I agree with that. It...
Forum: Techniques July 22nd 07, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 228
Posted By bryanska
Braking the Fixie

A large group of bicycles traveling together in a body impedes
traffic much less than several smaller groups or individuals doing
the whole light sequence thing. If there are already bikes in...
Forum: General July 22nd 07, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 242
Posted By bryanska
Braking the Fixie

A large group of bicycles traveling together in a body impedes
traffic much less than several smaller groups or individuals doing
the whole light sequence thing. If there are already bikes in...
Forum: Techniques July 22nd 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 228
Posted By bryanska
Braking the Fixie

It's against the law for cyclists to run stop signs at 20mph. It's not
giving a break, it's called encouraging bad behavior. You don't just
blow stop signs at 20mph hoping that everything will...
Forum: General July 22nd 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 242
Posted By bryanska
Braking the Fixie

It's against the law for cyclists to run stop signs at 20mph. It's not
giving a break, it's called encouraging bad behavior. You don't just
blow stop signs at 20mph hoping that everything will...
Forum: Techniques July 15th 07, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By bryanska
The Great Ed Dolan is preparing his final 9th farewell to the cycling newsgroups!

Ask yourself what your freaking cycling group
would be like without the Great Ed Dolan. My God ... it will be like the end
of the world!

Good riddance.
Forum: Social Issues July 15th 07, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By bryanska
The Great Ed Dolan is preparing his final 9th farewell to the cycling newsgroups!

Ask yourself what your freaking cycling group
would be like without the Great Ed Dolan. My God ... it will be like the end
of the world!

Good riddance.
Forum: General July 15th 07, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 0
Posted By bryanska
The Great Ed Dolan is preparing his final 9th farewell to the cycling newsgroups!

Ask yourself what your freaking cycling group
would be like without the Great Ed Dolan. My God ... it will be like the end
of the world!

Good riddance.
Forum: General July 15th 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By bryanska
Ebay bike advice....please

Apostrophe usage is horriffic in this thread...
Forum: General July 15th 07, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By bryanska
frame materials

Does the frame material have anything to do with performance? Trek's
advertisement for one of their road bikes says that the carbon fork
soaks up vibration. Exactly how does it do that? I...
Forum: Social Issues July 9th 07, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 4
Posted By bryanska
SHAM Announcement

Don't have much of a sense of humor, do you?

Austin

Not really, perhaps because I work in a similiar industry, and I know
that McDonald's is genuinely trying. At least as hard as any...
Forum: General July 9th 07, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 4
Posted By bryanska
SHAM Announcement

Don't have much of a sense of humor, do you?

Austin

Not really, perhaps because I work in a similiar industry, and I know
that McDonald's is genuinely trying. At least as hard as any...
Forum: General June 8th 07, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By bryanska
Ooh, shiny

On Jun 6, 2:17 pm, Steve Gravrock wrote:
I can't think of a single situation where this would be better than what
I have now, or even as good, but I want one...
Forum: Techniques June 8th 07, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By bryanska
I hate Surly bikes

Because some people have strong (no, _compelling_, maybe neurotic?)
aesthetic or subliminal initial reactions to bicycles. Ask anyone who's
spent some time selling bikes.

Just like when I...
Forum: General June 8th 07, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By bryanska
I hate Surly bikes

Because some people have strong (no, _compelling_, maybe neurotic?)
aesthetic or subliminal initial reactions to bicycles. Ask anyone who's
spent some time selling bikes.

Just like when I...
Forum: General June 6th 07, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.martial-arts,sci.physics,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 31
Posted By bryanska
relativity

Who gets hurt worse?

Is this a helmet thread?
Forum: General June 1st 07, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By bryanska
Only a little bit needed for my MS150 efforts! I have until 6/6/07!!!

I need $80 to reach my fundraising goal of $1000 for this year's
Minnesota MS150.

Would you consider donating $1?

There is nothing I can give in return. You cycle, you know what this
event is....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32