Are CF frames really safe? by [email protected]
With the price of a complete CF bicycle now approaching $1,000, one is tempted to buy one; however, I keep hearing stories about forks collapsing unexpectedly...
editorial opinion, steel frames by AMuzi
Here you go, Tom: https://janheine.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/why-we-choose-steel-bikes/ -- Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org/ Open every day since 1...
by Doug Landau Go to last post
14 47 Techniques
Square-taper cranks won't come off. Tricks? by Joerg[_2_]
The BB on my steel-frame bike is knackered and I can't get the cranks off the square tapers anymore. Afraid I'll strip out the thread of the puller tool....
Yesterday 11:37 PM
by Doug Landau Go to last post
4 21 Techniques
MTB low pressure and pinch flats by James[_8_]
http://www.mtbiking.com.au/news/banger-anti-flat-system Looks like the black foam lagging a plumber might use when installing hot water pipes. -- JS
by Sir Ridesalot Go to last post
34 429 Techniques
Color Me Green by [email protected]
I have to say that even the assholes here are pretty good guys. I can argue with Duane or Emanuel or (God forbid) even "Ridesalot" without the slightest carry...
2 46 Techniques
Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident: by Andre Jute[_2_]
Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle...
Yesterday 09:29 PM
by Doug Landau Go to last post
5 241 Techniques
Littering cyclists are their own worst enemy by [email protected]
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/englands-motorways-get-spring-clean It cost the taxpayer £6million to clear up the litter dropped by cyclists on our...
Yesterday 08:23 PM
by JNugent Go to last post
3 45 UK
Car free Bank junction praised by cyclists... but drivers brazenlyflout ban by Bod[_5_]
Drivers have been brazenly flouting a traffic ban at Bank junction which was brought in to improve safety for cyclists and pedestrians. The new rules,...
by The Peeler[_8_] Go to last post
12 10 UK
Bondhus by Emanuel Berg[_2_]
Today I got a set of Allen keys. Sizes are 1.27, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5., 4.5, 5.5 as well as all integers from 2 to 10. There is a ball at the shaft end...
by Emanuel Berg[_2_] Go to last post
10 359 Techniques
Cyclist that crashed into ambulance says it should not have beenthere. by MrCheerful
Maybe, but if you watch where you are going you can avoid something obvious like an ambulance. The ambulance was there because another rider had ploughed...
by JNugent Go to last post
10 53 UK
Axle Widths by [email protected]
I have a set of Campy Atlanta 96 wheels. Will these things take a 10 speed or will I have to replace the rear axle?
7 246 Techniques
300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered by Bod[_5_]
A cycling enthusiast has uncovered nearly 300 miles of hidden cycle paths that were built in the 1930s. Carlton Reed discovered these forgotten cycle paths...
Big mouthed cyclist gets his mouth shut by Mr Pounder Esquire
A pregnant road rage driver who sent a cyclist with a punctured lung after he confronted her about using her mobile phone behind the wheel is...
Yesterday 11:46 AM
by JNugent Go to last post