Showing results 1 to 25 of 69
Search took 1.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DaveB[_2_]
Forum: Australia May 27th 09, 12:01 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Bicycles?

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Wed, 27 May 2009 16:25:00 +1000
BobC wrote:
I agree it would be flat without them - where is everyone from a year
or...
Forum: Australia April 13th 09, 07:32 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Brooks and myself are resolving issues....

Blue Heeler wrote:
drop bar road, 1* Flat bar road, 1 * MTB and 1 * tourer). You need to
know that the first 200~300km on a new Brooks is not pleasant, the
leather needs time to "break-in",...
Forum: Australia February 11th 09, 08:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Smiths Gully cafe safe

For any ex-BR riders out there I heard today that the Smiths Gully store
is okay. Although the fires hit St Andrews pretty hard they didn't get
as far as Smiths Gully.

DaveB
Forum: Australia January 22nd 09, 01:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
giant crx4 v's apollo allegro

wrote:
On Jan 21, 5:17 pm, DaveB wrote:
wrote:

which bike is better? giant or apollo? i like blue.
Forum: Australia January 21st 09, 08:17 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

wrote:

which bike is better? giant or apollo? i like blue.

Sounds like asking which is better Ford or Holden.
I've got a CRX4, been commuting on it for 2 years and...
Forum: Australia January 13th 09, 02:03 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Bike carrying trailer

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:20:54 +1100
DaveB wrote:
c) add bike carrying roofracks that fit the trailer over the tarp...
Forum: Australia January 12th 09, 11:20 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Bike carrying trailer

With a recent addition to the family I'm now working on how to get
enough space for weekend trips away and carrying bikes. I know there are
pod trailers available that cost $2200-2500 but for my...
Forum: Australia August 9th 08, 09:27 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
open season

ray wrote:
Surprised no-one else has bothered this year, but I usually note the
date when the bombing season starts, and today one had a go at me just
down the street. Now they'll be after us...
Forum: Australia August 9th 08, 04:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Does Koonung trail connect to Eastlink trail?

Just wondering if the bike trail for Eastlink connects to the Koonung
trail. Last time I rode to the end of the Koonung trail it was endign at
Park Rd. If it doesn't connect to the Eastlink trail...
Forum: Australia July 30th 08, 05:43 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Court hearing: Southern Cross Drive road rage incident from May8

Damien wrote:
On Jul 25, 9:00 pm, Kim Ryan wrote:
Court hearing is on next Tuesday 29 Julyhttp://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/courtlists/nswlc_lists.nsf/2d69be7802e9...

Forum: Australia July 27th 08, 09:59 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Spokes keep getting loose

My commuter bike has a continuing problem on the rear wheel. About half
the spokes on the left side keep coming loose. Right side of the wheel
is fine. I tighten them to same tension as all the...
Forum: Australia July 13th 08, 11:25 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
P&P
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
P&P

TimC wrote:
I hate losing my bottle.

How about "this is the steepest part of the course and then it gets even
steeper"

DaveB
Forum: Australia May 3rd 08, 08:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Come on flyingdutch, time to fess up

We know you've always wanted to cross to the dark side, now it seems you
have. Although I'm wondering why you had to go to perth, maybe it was in
case you were...
Forum: Australia April 17th 08, 09:50 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Link down to usenet?

Any usenet people seeing no updates for the past few days? Just jumped
onto cyclingforums and seems okay there.

DaveB
Forum: Australia April 9th 08, 11:41 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 19
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Lights Camera Action!

Lots of discussion here on Fenix headlights. I'll be giving one a go for
this winter.

http://forums.transitions.org.au/index.php?showtopic=27676&hl=fenix

DaveB
Forum: Australia April 1st 08, 03:53 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Yarra barge

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/comments/0,22023,23465237-661,00.html

I don't know what was funnier, the article, or the comments from people
who were sucked in.

DaveB
Forum: Australia March 30th 08, 11:34 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Derailler problem

For some time now I've had a problem with the derailler on my road bike
(Tiagra). Around the middle gears it has a habit of jumping between
gears. I've replaced cassette and chain but discovered...
Forum: Australia March 28th 08, 12:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
"Bike Mechanic Championships"

cfsmtb wrote:
The "Inaugural Australian Bike Mechanic Championships" will be held at
Fed Square this coming Monday 31/3. This sounds like a hoot - think I
might get up early and see how many...
Forum: Australia March 18th 08, 12:14 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
New take on old test

brucef wrote:
On Mar 15, 1:57 pm, Graeme Dods wrote:
http://www.dothetest.co.uk/

I got it right first time. Those of us with bandwidth quotas have a
bit of an...
Forum: Australia March 12th 08, 08:50 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
Never, EVER, tempt the puncture fairies

Boostland wrote:
As I reached over to do this, the thing exploded off the rim, the tube was
destroyed but some how the tyre survived with only a little mark on the
bead.

It's very...
Forum: Australia March 12th 08, 08:48 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
BR Tomorrow - 9th March

flyingdutch wrote:
gots tools here also

gmail me if need be. We still gonna see you at school?

Yep no change there. Just a bit further to go. Might need to become a 2
car family, I...
Forum: Australia March 12th 08, 08:46 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
BR Tomorrow - 9th March

Gags wrote:
Out of interest, were you planning on installing a joiner link on the
chain?? I am pretty sure that I might have a spare SRAM 9 spd link laying
around somewhere (from memory you...
Forum: Australia March 12th 08, 05:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
BR Tomorrow - 9th March

gplama wrote:
DaveB Wrote:
Problem is I've only ever changed screw-on clusters so don't
have chain whip etc, or know what to do. I figured you might have the
tools and the know-how, or...
Forum: Australia March 11th 08, 09:11 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
BR Tomorrow - 9th March

Gags wrote:
"DaveB" wrote in message
flyingdutch wrote:
DaveB Wrote:
... preparing my house for...
Forum: Australia March 10th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By DaveB[_2_]
BR Tomorrow - 9th March

flyingdutch wrote:
DaveB Wrote:
... preparing my house for sale...

where you off to?

one criteria should be "what will be my LBS" :rolleyes:

Showing results 1 to 25 of 69