Showing results 1 to 25 of 231
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gooserider
Forum: General August 19th 07, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Gooserider
Do complete bikes come with uncut steerers?

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
I've only bought one complete bike. I bought it from an internet bike
Forum: General August 18th 07, 10:03 PM Posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 680
Posted By Gooserider
Raged motorist strikes two cyclists

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
Paul Berg wrote:
The cyclists, 25-year-old Ben Ramsdell and...
Forum: General August 15th 07, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Gooserider
Do complete bikes come with uncut steerers?

I've only bought one complete bike. I bought it from an internet bike
company, and it came with the steer tube cut. I have carpal tunnel syndrome,
so I need the bars up. My last two purchases have...
Forum: General August 15th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Gooserider
rear de reailer broke off

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
ufatbastehd wrote:
On my new Specilazed road bike my rear derailer snapped off when I
was 30...
Forum: General August 13th 07, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Gooserider
Carbon Fork vs. Steel... Difference in the RIDE..

"Hell and High Water" wrote in message
Should have clarified that.

How much difference will the ride feel? ...
Forum: General August 13th 07, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Gooserider
Anybody using a Tubus Fly?

I'm in the process of setting my bike up as my commuter. My old Topeak rack
was bent when I was run over, so I'm in need of replacement. The Topeak rack
and bag setup was very heavy. Time to...
Forum: General August 13th 07, 07:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Gooserider
Raleigh 2008---new touring bike and upgraded One Way

http://raleighcommutes.blogspot.com/

This is a link to a blog which is run by an employee(s?) of Raleigh USA,
highlighting their commutes(duh). If you'll poke around a bit you'll find a
couple of...
Forum: General August 9th 07, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Gooserider
Who makes green canvas panniers?

wrote in message
On Aug 5, 5:02 pm, "Gooserider" wrote:
Anybody know?...
Forum: General August 8th 07, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Gooserider
Who makes green canvas panniers?

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 05:02:05 -0400, "Gooserider"
Forum: General August 5th 07, 10:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Gooserider
Who makes green canvas panniers?

Anybody know? Velo Orange sells the Ostrich panniers, but they are
ridiculously expensive AND not in stock, anyway. You would think Carradice
would, but I don't think they do.

Mike
Forum: General August 2nd 07, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Gooserider
Met a guy from the early 90s

Or at least I think so. I passed him as he was heading into our local
mall---and I noticed that his bike was a Yeti. It's pretty rare to see
anyone here on anything other than 'mart MTBs, so I...
Forum: General July 25th 07, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Gooserider
Kuos to ToPeak

I own Topeak's OS Rack and Lock, which is a rear rack that carries a U-lock.
The lock is held in place with a cam lock, which I broke one day being too
forceful. When I called Topeak to ask about...
Forum: General July 24th 07, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Gooserider
Planet Bike Freddy Fenders tough to mount

"Luigi de Guzman" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:44:13 -0400, Gooserider wrote:

I was having difficulty getting tire...
Forum: General July 24th 07, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Gooserider
Help convince me that I DO NOT NEED A NEW BIKE!

"catzz66" wrote in message
Hell and High Water wrote:

The only catch, I'm 6'5" ...

THERE'S your problem....
Forum: General July 24th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Gooserider
Help convince me that I DO NOT NEED A NEW BIKE!

wrote in message
On Jul 23, 5:04 pm, Just A User wrote:
Hell and High...
Forum: General July 24th 07, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Gooserider
Planet Bike Freddy Fenders tough to mount

I was having difficulty getting tire clearance with my fender/tire
combination. I finally managed to rig it with a combination of three hands
and zip ties. The bike is a 2007 Surly Pacer, and...
Forum: General July 22nd 07, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Gooserider
Fatties don't fit fine, evidently.

I recently had a new Surly Pacer built up with a group from another bike.
That bike had 700x25 Continentals. I had a pair of 700x28 Ruffy Tuffys with
low miles, so I swapped them. Argh. The front...
Forum: General July 15th 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By Gooserider
Female riders in the Tour???

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 11:53:11 -0400, "Joe S."
wrote:

Are there...
Forum: General July 15th 07, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By Gooserider
Female riders in the Tour???

wrote in message
On Jul 11, 5:24 pm, Antti Salonen
wrote:

I'd keep in mind...
Forum: General July 15th 07, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By Gooserider
Female riders in the Tour???

"Pat" wrote in message

"
But stage races such as Le Tour are all about keeping
going despite depleting the resources of...
Forum: General July 15th 07, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By Gooserider
Female riders in the Tour???

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
Michael Warner writes:
On...
Forum: General July 13th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Gooserider
Ebay bike advice....please

"Hell and High Water" wrote in message
I'm looking for a slight step up from my ~mid 80's steel Bianchi.

What...
Forum: General July 8th 07, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 47
Posted By Gooserider
Louisville fatality, no charges pressed

"Veloise" wrote in message
http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories/070507whasmjdTopBicycle.475b9e1a.html

Forum: General June 29th 07, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Gooserider
Waterford bikes?

"Cully_J" wrote in message
Hello,

Does anybody here have any experience with Waterford Bikes[http://
Forum: General June 24th 07, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 31
Posted By Gooserider
Bike to work

"ufatbastehd" wrote in message
Decided I'm going to bike to and from work aboujt 8 mi each way.
I live in NYC...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 231