Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Uncle Dave
Forum: Racing July 23rd 13, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Uncle Dave
Quintana will never will a grand tour

On 20/07/2013 17:19, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
The little guy can climb but he's out of his element in individual
time trials. There the lightweight and lower wattage works to
his...
Forum: Racing July 23rd 13, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Uncle Dave
Tour de France winner accused of not being Bradley Wiggins

I haven't noticed it, but apologies if it's already been posted here.

http://shar.es/k5val

UD
Forum: Racing February 5th 13, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Uncle Dave
OT. We know how to do engineering in the UK

On 05/02/2013 10:12, atriage wrote:
On 04/02/2013 21:47, Uncle Dave wrote:
On 04/02/2013 21:17, atriage wrote:
On 04/02/2013 12:59, Uncle Dave wrote:
On 04/02/2013 00:07, atriage...
Forum: Racing February 4th 13, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Uncle Dave
OT. We know how to do engineering in the UK

On 04/02/2013 21:17, atriage wrote:
On 04/02/2013 12:59, Uncle Dave wrote:
On 04/02/2013 00:07, atriage wrote:

This is probably gonna come as a big shock to you Dave but there are
Forum: Racing February 4th 13, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Uncle Dave
OT. We know how to do engineering in the UK

On 04/02/2013 00:07, atriage wrote:

This is probably gonna come as a big shock to you Dave but there are
other ways of generating electricity that don't involve covering the
countryside with...
Forum: Racing February 3rd 13, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Uncle Dave
OT. We know how to do engineering in the UK

On 02/02/2013 11:50, atriage wrote:

You cannot be ****ing serious, they look like ****e

I like engineering that is spectacular, challenging and meets a purpose.
Wind turbines tick all the...
Forum: Racing February 2nd 13, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Uncle Dave
OT. We know how to do engineering in the UK

On 02/02/2013 06:46, atriage wrote:
On 02/02/2013 05:55, Uncle Dave wrote:
On 30/01/2013 18:10, atriage wrote:
Oh yes.
Forum: Racing February 2nd 13, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Uncle Dave
OT. We know how to do engineering in the UK

On 01/02/2013 22:08, atriage wrote:

What remaining open vistas we have we don't want ruined by ****ing ugly
wind turbines

Some of us do. I think they're magnificent inventions. Have you flown...
Forum: Racing February 2nd 13, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Uncle Dave
OT. We know how to do engineering in the UK

On 30/01/2013 18:10, atriage wrote:
Oh yes.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/windpower/9837026/Wind-turbine-collapses-in-high-wind.html

Um, you do know it was made in Canada? Leastwise,...
Forum: Racing January 19th 13, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Uncle Dave
I really don't get it...

On 19/01/2013 14:52, atriage wrote:
On 19/01/2013 04:29, Anton Berlin wrote:

It's probably hard for you to comprehend a lot of things.

Like dental hygiene. An unapproachable...
Forum: Racing January 19th 13, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Uncle Dave
I really don't get it...

On 19/01/2013 01:05, wrote:
On Friday, January 18, 2013 5:40:00 PM UTC-5, Uncle Dave wrote:
... OK, from all those yankee fanboys who didn't event know what a

Forum: Racing January 18th 13, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Uncle Dave
I really don't get it...

.... OK, from all those yankee fanboys who didn't event know what a
bicycle was before Armstrong, but really, why all the fuss? Pro cycling
has been a dopers paradise for, well, forever, and the...
Forum: Racing January 16th 13, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Uncle Dave
Lemond: Greatest American Tour de France Rider

On 15/01/2013 17:49, Ernst Blofeld wrote:

Lemond has three more wins than any other American rider.

Well, yeah but... given that doping has been endemic in pro cycling for
at least a century we...
Forum: Racing December 1st 12, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24
Posted By Uncle Dave
rec.bicycles.racing on last legs

On 01/12/2012 04:03, Davey Crockett wrote:
thirty-six a écrit profondement:

| less than 100 posts this month.
| is it worthwhile continuing?

It traditionally died off somewhat in winter...
Forum: Racing November 30th 12, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 30/11/2012 21:09, thirty-six wrote:

less than 100 posts this month.
is it worthwhile continuing?

Yes! For the sake of the children!

UD
Forum: Racing November 17th 12, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Uncle Dave
Is "The Telegraph" the UK's version of "The Onion"?

On 17/11/2012 04:58, Frederick the Great wrote:
In article ,
Uncle Dave wrote:

On 30/10/2012 04:24, Davey...
Forum: Racing November 6th 12, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Uncle Dave
Is "The Telegraph" the UK's version of "The Onion"?

On 30/10/2012 04:24, Davey Crockett wrote:

Just to keep the record straight though, the word or term
"Matador" alone is only used in English - The matador is correctly
referred to as "Maestro"...
Forum: Racing October 28th 12, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Uncle Dave
So Bobby is thrown overboard but what about Sean?

On 28/10/2012 01:32, atriage wrote:

Steve wrote:
atriage wrote:
I think Dave might be in danger of throwing the baby out with the
bathwater.

Forum: Racing October 27th 12, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Uncle Dave
Open Class

On 27/10/2012 17:52, Free Willy wrote:
"Uncle Dave" wrote in message
There's nothing like an incontinent eejit to stir...
Forum: Racing October 27th 12, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By Uncle Dave
Let's become adults when it comes to racing bicycles.

On 27/10/2012 17:40, Free Willy wrote:

So... what you're saying is that your arguments are so incoherent that you
expect your readers to somehow pick up the loose ends of your ramblings...
Forum: Racing October 27th 12, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Uncle Dave
Open Class

There's nothing like an incontinent eejit to stir things ip in a ng.
OK, all signs point towards troll, but I'm wondering about this "open
class" business. I was under the impression cycling...
Forum: Racing October 27th 12, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By Uncle Dave
Let's become adults when it comes to racing bicycles.

On 27/10/2012 17:03, Free Willy wrote:
"Uncle Dave" wrote in message
On 27/10/2012 01:00, ...
Forum: Racing October 27th 12, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By Uncle Dave
Let's become adults when it comes to racing bicycles.

On 27/10/2012 01:00, wrote:

Please show where in that post it says anything about an open class.

He doesn't have to - he was thinking it at the time and that should be...
Forum: Racing October 27th 12, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By Uncle Dave
Let's become adults when it comes to racing bicycles.

On 26/10/2012 22:19, Free Willy wrote:
"Uncle Dave" wrote in message
On 26/10/2012 20:14, atriage wrote:

Drug...
Forum: Racing October 26th 12, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By Uncle Dave
Let's become adults when it comes to racing bicycles.

On 26/10/2012 20:14, atriage wrote:

Drug laws aren't enforced by cyclists. Such laws are enforced
by law enforcement authorities.

No **** Sherlock, well I bet UD is sooo grateful for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500