Showing results 1 to 25 of 113
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: patmoore
Forum: Unicycling July 28th 08, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By patmoore
Are you 45+

I'm certainly qualified based on age but feel a bit like a fraud calling
myself an active unicyclist. The summer has been flying by and I hadn't
even hopped on one of my unis at all until last...
Forum: Unicycling July 22nd 08, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By patmoore
how did you get into unicycling?

I was a diver on the University of Florida's swim team in 1964 and was
fooling around in the gym doing full twisting back flips on the mat
when I spotted a unicycle. I recall the seat was covered in...
Forum: Unicycling June 2nd 08, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By patmoore
Are you 45+

oldfatboy wrote:
Nice to see some new postings/pics here :)
Due to shoulder surgery and other things, I didn't do a thing all
winter other than housework/chores. Needless to say, way out of...
Forum: Unicycling May 21st 08, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By patmoore
Unicycling a young sport?

Yeah, it's a younger rider's sport.....

I was 18 when I first rode a uni. Did I mention that was in 1964?

--
patmoore

MY
Forum: Unicycling May 18th 08, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By patmoore
Old guy on a 15 foot giraffe

Ok, to shift gears, how old is the oldest person to ride a giraffe?

We have a 5 1/2 footer at the shop and I've been building up the
courage to try it. For the record, I turn 62 in October.

--...
Forum: Unicycling April 12th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 348
Posted By patmoore
Today I... (brag thread)

Okay it has nothing to do with unicycling but I made the current issue
of Ski Racing Magazine. I already posted a note in -Just Conversation-
but I wanted to share this with you. Oh, yeah. In an...
Forum: Unicycling April 12th 08, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 29
Posted By patmoore
50 miles on 50th Birthday

That is a terrific achievement!

--
patmoore

MY
GALLERY (\"HTTP://WWW.UNICYCLIST.COM/INDEX.PHP?PAGE=GALLERY&G2_ITEMID=193091\")
"When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
'Entry level uni...
Forum: Unicycling April 6th 08, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By patmoore
Are you 45+

wobbling bear wrote:
for "mature" people who want to start unicycling there is a question:
how good is it to your health?
I happen to have a somewhat precise measures: since I am over 50...
Forum: Unicycling April 2nd 08, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By patmoore
50 miles on 50th Birthday

wobbling bear wrote:
you are setting a bad example: will I be obliged to ride 60 miles for my
60th birthday this year?:D
Could we negociate?: 60km is the max ... provided there are enough
Forum: Unicycling March 29th 08, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By patmoore
Are you 45+

bmerry wrote:
Hi Pat, we met at the uni trials in Killington... yeah, still skiing in
central VT too. We have 4 " new snow this morning, looks like mid
January out there. Fortunately the...
Forum: Unicycling March 29th 08, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By patmoore
Are you 45+

Hi Stevea and Steveyo!

Ski season is NOT over. I'm in my condo in VT watching the snow fall.
I have to get up early tomorrow to set the courses and paceset the
NASTAR venue at Okemo.

I've been...
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By patmoore
Are you 45+

steveyo wrote:
That was the day after I was born - Dec.1 1962.

Oh wow!

My stepmother called me on my birthday and asked how old I was. When I
told her she said, "Ah, to be 61 again!"

That...
Forum: Unicycling November 4th 07, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By patmoore
Are you 45+

johnfoss wrote:
Just checking in...

Where were you in '62? (45 years ago)

Hmmmm...... I made my first of 2000 parachute jumps on December 2nd,
1962 and I was thinking about who to ask to...
Forum: Unicycling October 16th 07, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By patmoore
How it went: Bringing my uni to Physical Geology

Ironically I taught Physical Geography at the University of South
Florida* in the early seventies. I had learned to ride a uni in the
mid sixties but had gotten away from it. I would have welcomed...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 07, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 57
Posted By patmoore
what have you broken while unicycling?

Broke the base of my right hand just above the wrist. Had to have three
pins inserted across the base of the hand.

Wrist guards are a must!

--
patmoore

MY
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 07, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By patmoore
Are you 45+

jpcycler wrote:
Wow, so many of "us".

Just turned the big 6-0. :-0 Muni every week, at least once. First
learned at 45 (told the family I wanted to learn something new), rode
for a...
Forum: Unicycling October 8th 07, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By patmoore
Are you 45+

wobbling bear wrote:
I am turning 59 this wednesday
'yesterday as we entered a MTB event'
(http://hiboox.com/lang-fr/image.php?img=m2srbr8t.jpg#) (I'm the one on
the right)
still one year...
Forum: Unicycling October 8th 07, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By patmoore
Oldest trials/street riders?

skianduniaddict wrote:
i would argue that its considerably less dangerous than the **** u do on
skis

Snow is a lot more forgiving than asphalt. On the other hand there was
the matter of those...
Forum: Unicycling October 8th 07, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By patmoore
Oldest trials/street riders?

It's really doubtful I'll get adept at anything more than just riding.
I observed a trials competition in VT a few weeks back and' videoed'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=MKeLvOf04rE) it. I was...
Forum: Unicycling September 14th 07, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By patmoore
Ankle Support for Hyper Flexing

My recent experience with foot pain was short in duration but it was
almost intolerable while it lasted. I was observing and videoing NUMEN
2007 at Killington and was learning to hop on a borrowed...
Forum: Unicycling August 31st 07, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By patmoore
I could use a little reassurance (the woes of the n00b)

The rest of the folks have been giving you good advice. I'll just echo
their thoughts. Wear adequate protection and be patient.

--
patmoore

MY
GALLERY...
Forum: Unicycling August 26th 07, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By patmoore
Learning to hop

I had never tried hopping until a few weeks ago when I borrowed a KH20
trials uni at NUMEN 2007 in Killington. I should point out I was an
observer and 'videographer'...
Forum: Unicycling August 10th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 122
Posted By patmoore
BIke Trials Event in VT wants good trials riders!!

isaac steiner wrote:
that looked like fun...are there some pictures of the trials?

I shot a fair number of stills and incorporated a few of them into a
'video of the event'...
Forum: Unicycling August 7th 07, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By patmoore
Mount Equinox Uphill Race Writeup

Truly inspiring! I'm sorry I didn't make it over there. I got tied up
in Ludlow that morning. Thanks for sharing the narrative. What you
guys accomplished is truly mind boggling. I'm in...
Forum: Unicycling August 1st 07, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By patmoore
Uni Geezer: 36er Mounting tutorial

Those videos are very helpful.

I have no problem free mounting my 28" road uni but I had no luck
trying to mount a 29" muni last weekend. The thicker tires and extra
inch were just too much for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 113