Showing results 1 to 25 of 141
Search took 0.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: munirocks
Forum: Unicycling January 16th 09, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By munirocks
how do i stop chafing in my man region!!

This must be a case of déja-vu.

--
munirocks

mono for bono
munirocks's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munirocks
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

MuniSano;1170862 wrote:
munirocks you might be thinking of a "banana bike" seat which as I
recall was probably as long as two seats end to end. I had one as a
kid, they were pretty cool as it...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munirocks
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Klaas Bil;1170822 wrote:
Here's a unicyclist afraid of looking strange.:D

:D:D:D
Well alright, I guess we already look pretty strange to all non
unicyclists, but what I mean is -I- wouldn't...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munirocks
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

The second seat would probably look very strange. I also wouldn't want
to add that much more weight to my uni. I think one very adjustable bike
seat should be sufficient for road riding.

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By munirocks
learning... (fwd)

--
munirocks

mono for bono
munirocks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16564
View this thread:...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 10:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munirocks
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

GizmoDuck;1169158 wrote:
how do you ride in Snow????

The snow was pretty easy to ride on, just as long as it wasn't deep
snow... About 95% of my 42km ride were completely covered with snow....
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By munirocks
Carrying Luggage on a Long Distance Ride (36)

saskatchewanian;1168922 wrote:
...why not just bike?

That's a great idea actually, take a friggin mountain bike! You can
bring anything you want, you have 24 gears or so and you can chill...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By munirocks
Pictures of your latest ride

Here are some pictures from today.

|Filename: P110109_15.14kl.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munirocks
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

I did another long ride (about 3.5 hours) today with my current setup.
It was a great success. I had taken the KH saddle along just in case,
but I didn't even consider changing saddles during the...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munirocks
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

I couldn't resist to try my bike seat setup yesterday in spite of my
cold, which has actually gotten better now. I think I tried about all
the possible variations:

1. stem and boom angled downwards...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munirocks
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Well, the thing is that the more I tilt the saddle downwards, the harder
it gets to ride without both hands on the handle, because with that
center of gravity I would slide down to the front......
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munirocks
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Just flipped the front around again for a little more upright position.
I'll have to compare these two positions when I'm...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By munirocks
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Here's what I just did with my Nimbus. Unfortunately I couldn't give it
a try yet cause I caught a serious cold:( I did sit on it in my room to
see if it could work, and I think it might be good. It...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By munirocks
post your homemade handlebars here!

Alright, so I finally got around to recycling my broken T7. I just cut
it off and stuck it into a seat post which I attached to a stem with
seat post clamps. So far it seems to work alright. I may...
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By munirocks
New KH touring handle

danger_uni;1154395 wrote:
The setup can be extended out in front or positioned immediately in
front of the saddle and can be adjusted in height; it's light and simple
and seems to work well. ...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By munirocks
New KH touring handle

GizmoDuck;1154147 wrote:
Nooo!!!!!! Kris, don't make yet another silly long handlebar sticking
out from the post/seat/frame. It's been done before (many many times)
and all the designs have...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By munirocks
post your homemade handlebars here!

Sounds pretty cool! Maybe one could even make a cf v-frame somehow? The
tubes would probably have to be a little wider than the Nimbus ones, and
it would get a little more expensive. The crowns would...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By munirocks
New KH touring handle

Hi Kris, glad you found this thread.

So do you think I should rather wait for your handle to come out
instead of butchering my own version at high costs and possibly bad
results? Or is it going to...
Forum: Unicycling December 20th 08, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By munirocks
New KH touring handle

siafirede;1148397 wrote:
Yeah, from talking with him at RTL it sounded like he was thinking of
making a customizable/adjustable GB4 style handle. Something that would
connect to the front of...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By munirocks
post your homemade handlebars here!

So I will try to find this rack in my lbs today. They probably won't
have it though.

--
munirocks

mono for...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 10:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 45
Posted By munirocks
carbon fiber/aluminum frame

Looking good! I actually have a cf frame made be Roger Davies ten years
ago. It didn't crack or anything, although I have been pretty cautious
with it too. I only use it for moderate XC riding. But I...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By munirocks
post your homemade handlebars here!

I am currently trying to get a working handle setup out of the remains
of my t7 and other parts. Couldn't find any of those stoker stems except
in the states, and they seem very pricey. So I just got...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By munirocks
Kh frame differences

pkittle;1151886 wrote:
They're also on the 05 aluminum frames, but in tubular shape (they were
called "noodles," I think; they're on my son's muni). They were put
there for grip when doing...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By munirocks
Kh frame differences

It seems there are a lot more differences than I thought...

Anyways, if you can get a used 07 Kh24 for cheap, I think you should
buy it without any concerns. It's good and strong.

I was always...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By munirocks
Kh frame differences

Depends on what years you're thinking about. If you wonder if a
2005/2007 KH24 will be as good as a 2008 one, I think they're pretty
much the same.

--
munirocks

mono for...