Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
Forum: General September 9th 11, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Don't drink and drive... Ride a Bike!

(It is said the revolution is about solutions)

| An ounce of ethanol in a glass of orange juice, and my
| environment gets better........

Don't they use potatoes for that?

Did you know you...
Forum: General September 9th 11, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
In what way Buddhism makes you overcome the fear of riding a bike?

Posted by dylan

"Perhaps, just an idea they can make a drivers license type thing for cyclists to ride on the street and that way there is a more organized harmony between cyclists and...
Forum: General September 8th 11, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Do you blame China for your high gas prices?

On Thursday, September 8, 2011 6:42:34 AM UTC-4, AndyS wrote:
On Sep 7, 3:41 pm, "Joan F \(MI\)"
wrote:
No, corn is a bad thing to use for ethanol, it ruins...
Forum: General September 7th 11, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Do you blame China for your high gas prices?

On Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:26:54 PM UTC-4, Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article

,
"TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser...
Forum: General September 6th 11, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Do you blame China for your high gas prices?

Well, that's part of the problem, but a bigger problem may be you. Chances are you are wasting gas and your vehicle is XL or XXL. Nothing you can do about China anyway. More likely than not, you are...
Forum: General September 6th 11, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
The undercover cops: Sneaky police officers hide in bushes tocatch unsuspecting drivers with speed guns

On Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:38:47 AM UTC-4, necromancer wrote:
On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 08:24:09 -0700 (PDT), "TibetanMonkey, the Beach
Cruiser Philosopher" wrote:

On...
Forum: General September 5th 11, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
The undercover cops: Sneaky police officers hide in bushes to catchunsuspecting drivers with speed guns

On Sunday, September 4, 2011 11:15:16 PM UTC-4, LilAbner wrote:
It's getting to Orwell. Won't be long before they are timing your shower
and taking away your soap for too much sudsing.

Forum: General September 4th 11, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Are you with Obama or the Republicans on the Transportation Bill?

On Saturday, September 3, 2011 4:17:46 PM UTC-4, Larry Hewitt wrote:
On 9/3/2011 1:19 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher wrote:

I propose the COMMUNITY gets...
Forum: General September 3rd 11, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Are you with Obama or the Republicans on the Transportation Bill?

ROUND 2 OF HEAVYWEIGHT REPUBLICANS VS. FEATHERWEIGHT OBAMA

This is my position which I posted as a comment...

Around here they are splurging money left and right on road "improvements," but no...
Forum: General September 2nd 11, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
The German solution to our chaotic roads

On Thursday, September 1, 2011 9:43:36 PM UTC-4, JimCo wrote:
On Aug 31, 1:57 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
wrote:
Unbelievable. In Germany the old...
Forum: General August 31st 11, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
The German solution to our chaotic roads

Unbelievable. In Germany the old gentlemen follow the old ladies... It must be that they look good from riding bikes!

"You will see sixty-something and seventy-something women wearing dresses and...
Forum: General August 31st 11, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
The German solution to our chaotic roads

It seems like the old folks are having a lot of fun in Germany...

"I sometimes think the largest population on the bike paths is the over 60...
Forum: General August 31st 11, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Riding a Bike in the Wild West

Let's see what's going on in the Wild West. Yes, things in Albuquerque are as wild as here, but they have a different take on the issue. The issue is VISIBILITY. And I have a simple SOLUTION to that,...
Forum: General August 31st 11, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
The German solution to our chaotic roads

It is said that the "Revolution is about Solutions," and no institution is free from scrutiny and questioning. The Germans do it right so let's do it like them. Are we borrowing from a Third World...
Forum: General August 31st 11, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Will fractionalism among cities ever allow functional bike facilities?

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:06:03 PM UTC-4, bo peep wrote:
On Aug 29, 10:20 am, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

When you get on a bike there's no...
Forum: General August 31st 11, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Driving is like Smoking

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:09:53 PM UTC-4, Phil W Lee wrote:
"TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
considered Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:31:37 -0700
(PDT) the...
Forum: General August 30th 11, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Driving is like Smoking

We must reassure the PUPPETEER he won't go hungry... ;)

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:29:13 PM UTC-4, Waldo wrote:
In article

,
Forum: General August 30th 11, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Driving is like Smoking

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:28:02 AM UTC-4, Phil W Lee wrote:
Bill considered Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:35:44
-0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

But Monkey, you...
Forum: General August 30th 11, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Driving is like Smoking

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:51:11 AM UTC-4, Miles Bader wrote:
"TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
writes:
But Monkey, you aren't addressing the pertinent...
Forum: General August 30th 11, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Will fractionalism among cities ever allow functional bike facilities?

On Monday, August 29, 2011 12:20:41 PM UTC-4, TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher wrote:

Right now I'm off on a long ride with beach cruiser. Yes, single speed because I must negotiate...
Forum: General August 30th 11, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Driving is like Smoking

On Monday, August 29, 2011 12:35:44 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
But Monkey, you aren't addressing the pertinent issue: if nobody else
is going to stop driving, why should I? I'm not a masochist,...
Forum: General August 29th 11, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Monday, August 29, 2011 12:17:00 AM UTC-4, Miles Bader wrote:
"TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
writes:
Functional bike facilities means that you can...
Forum: General August 28th 11, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Driving is like Smoking

The difference is that you are polluting much bigger lungs --Planet Earth-- and that you are millions of idiots that live in denial. Well, denial is a sign of ADDICTION. Even Bush called it such so...
Forum: General August 28th 11, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
At what point should seniors say goodbye to the Rat Race?

When you think about it, THE RAT RACE IS FOR RATS!

Just this morning I was crossing the street and this rat cut me off! I'd imagine seniors would feel intimidated to go out. Actually they should...
Forum: General August 28th 11, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
At what point should seniors say goodbye to the Rat Race?

We put this introduction at "alt.autos.lexus":

(We own an older Lexus... What's wise about them? Not much, they don't break down but are very boring and pollute the planet. Welcome to the Beach...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28