Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Qweld
Forum: Unicycling January 27th 08, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 840
Posted By Qweld
Post Your Unis Here!

24739

24740

|Filename: Black smith 2.JPG |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling January 24th 08, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Qweld
CONVERTIBLE HPV's - DAKOROMAN DRIVE SYSTEMS

Romanian, that explains a bit. It's "shift on the fly". Your sytax or
speach is similar to a fuzz fraze generator. now that we know I
imagine most of us will be more tolerant. Still a photo or...
Forum: Unicycling January 23rd 08, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Qweld
Uni in, Tandem in ! - DAKOROMAN DRIVE SYSTEM

Darkotoman I am just agog! the eloquence! WOW! I think Saskatchenwanian
has the right of it. I have no idea what your taling about. Are you
by chance using a fuzz phraze generator?? I think you...
Forum: Unicycling January 23rd 08, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Qweld
Short Unicycle Questionaire.please Complete !!!

24656

24657

1). 6
2). 20 26 24 20 16 16
3).patio
4). on individual stands
5). no
6). no
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 07, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Qweld
shortening allen pins

Buy some shorter ones. Travers Tools, Enco, McMaster-Carr, Graingers
might have what your looking form A well stocked Ace might. Take one
of your peddles down to Ace take out one of the pins use...
Forum: Unicycling October 10th 07, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By Qweld
Are you 45+

I'm 52 live in Arizona amongst the cactus and rattle snakes (I've only
found 2 in my driveway so far) and ride with my son. My first was a
shwin I started when I was 12 and really don't know how to...
Forum: Unicycling October 7th 07, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 64
Posted By Qweld
carbonfiber unicycle frames?

The strength problem may also be that a cabon filament has no real
compression strength. The carbon filaments are arranged in an almost
fabric like .............arrangment and the shape wanted is...
Forum: Unicycling October 2nd 07, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Qweld
Bearing Spacing HELP!!!

I agree with Maestro8 You will probably bust or ruin the bearings pretty
quickly by tightening things down. There are bearing houses or supply
companies that probably have a bearing that will fit...
Forum: Unicycling September 8th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 82
Posted By Qweld
What is the Link Between Engineers and Unicycles?

I'm a Mining engineer and a welding engineer. I do a lot of design
work using Kubotecs Cadkey for the mining company I work for. I have
and do use the cad to figure spoke lengths for unicycle...
Forum: Unicycling June 28th 07, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Qweld
Suspension Unicycle pictures

I like your suspension

1) the torque of a quick turn i.e. rotation frin the hips is taken up
by some easily made links. 2) the links can be big!! 3) there are no
sliding fits which can woller out...
Forum: Unicycling June 25th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Qweld
Hazmats unicycle Design/Creation competition poll

I will only claim the suspensensioned uni as mine. The other "ideas"
are actually adaptions of "how to do its" from other peoples "Original
ideas" I like my suspension uni but my "other designs"...
Forum: Unicycling June 24th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By Qweld
Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

20794
Somthign else suggested by someone else but I think this may be the way
to do it. A one legged uni. The pedles and cranks go on the hollow
shaft at the ends. up close it looks like...
Forum: Unicycling June 22nd 07, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Qweld
Learning To Ride at Age 50

Listen to the man!!....... Mr. Moore he the man!!

Wrist guards if nothing else. I think I'd go with elbow guards next.
I stiff armed the pavement at college racing another guy. I left an
perfect...
Forum: Unicycling June 22nd 07, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Qweld
Cracked frame, can it be repair

You or somebody can probably weld it with oxy-acceteylene or a torch.
That's what I would use. A TIG would be real good but you would be
paying for a process and skill that you don't really need. A...
Forum: Unicycling June 16th 07, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Qweld
Searching for unicyclists in Phoenix

I'm in morenci, 3 hours east (about) 1 hour north (about) 45 minutes
north of safford if you know where safford is.

--
Qweld

Flats...
Forum: Unicycling June 16th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Qweld
My ultimate cotterless muni cranks

Do you ever catch your heel or toe with on the end when your set for the
short crank distance??

--
Qweld

Flats...
Forum: Unicycling June 7th 07, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Qweld
homemade geared giraffe

My first home made uni was a giraffe. I used an old 26 inch coaster
brake singe speed bycicle for the frame. I welded the sprocket of a 20
inch rear wheel from a single speed coaster braked "spyder"...
Forum: Unicycling June 3rd 07, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By Qweld
Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

You may have noticed I like designing.

I've been thinking about the hollow wheel?? Which is really neat
but.......... I think the way the monociclos is set up you would have
problems balancing...
Forum: Unicycling June 3rd 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By Qweld
Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

My suspension system. I've used a hydraulic front fork off a mountain
bike. My next itteration on this basic design will use a elastisomer
(Rock Shock) front fork but keep the system of linkages and...
Forum: Unicycling June 3rd 07, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By Qweld
Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

Well my youngest "the brewmiester" got a torker and I tried it out after
much pleading and begging. I discovered that his seat post goes all
the way down and sits on the cross bar? tube? of the...
Forum: Unicycling June 1st 07, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By Qweld
Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

They slip pretty easily, unless you've got some sort of depression in/on
the saddle post for them to "set" into. Even then they slip eventually.
I tried them but eventually went to a bolt that went...
Forum: Unicycling June 1st 07, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By Qweld
Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

I finally figured out how to attach a image file so maybe it'll work if
not sorry. I've had problems with twisting turns the quick snap turns
you make with the hips. Seems like every time I do it...
Forum: Unicycling June 1st 07, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By Qweld
Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

A round or cirular column is a more efficient in it's shape than other
shapes. It's radius of gyration is the same in all directions. An oval
shaped column would be stronger in the long axis of the...
Forum: Unicycling May 30th 07, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 96
Posted By Qweld
Unicycle Design/Creation competition. :D

Mr. moose:

You may want to change your compression springs to tension springs.
I've done similar mechanical movements, on other things, and much to my
disapointment and wasted work, the knee action...
Forum: Unicycling May 28th 07, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Qweld
Check this out

Makes me want to go out to the shop and BUILD!........... somthing. I
don't know what but......... maybe a steam powered unicycle!!! You may
laugh but I wouldn't be supprised if that guys great...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32