Showing results 1 to 25 of 405
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Claire Petersky
Forum: General September 13th 08, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Claire Petersky
NEED HELP

"Barry Harmon" wrote in message
xstamper wrote in news:a617479d-c4a4-47f7-acdf-
Forum: General September 13th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Claire Petersky
scraper bikes

Intersection of hip-hop and cycling:

You can see some slides he
http://www.californiareport.org/slideshows/scraperbikes/index.jsp

A video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geIsWq5xOSE

--
Warm...
Forum: General August 26th 08, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Some doodling I did, never made a jersey or a button or anything:

http://www.43things.com/entries/view/3218457

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
See the books...
Forum: General August 23rd 08, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 83
Posted By Claire Petersky
3ft passing requirement revisited

I think his post is probably an example of why you should killfile him,
as almost everyone in rb.misc has long previously.

I'll second that. For a bit, I didn't understand to whom you were...
Forum: General August 23rd 08, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By Claire Petersky
Saying Hi on the Bike Path

I've usually only see one recumbent on my way to and fro work. He heads
the same direction as me, so it's a rare day I see him.

Since my commute went the opposite way, I saw him every day for...
Forum: General August 1st 08, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 181
Posted By Claire Petersky
I saw Critical Mass (Seattle Incident)

"Dane Buson" wrote in message

There's a remarkable amount of
consistency that the driver flipped out first and ran people...
Forum: General August 1st 08, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By Claire Petersky
Fenders are for sissies, but they keep your back dry when the roads wet

"Frank Krygowski" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 10:03 am, "Claire Petersky"...
Forum: General August 1st 08, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 109
Posted By Claire Petersky
Bicycle Commuting on the Rise (BSOs on the Rise)

"Peter Cole" wrote in message

One of the things I like about triples -- if the right cable is about to
go, you just ride a 3-speed...
Forum: General July 30th 08, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By Claire Petersky
Fenders are for sissies, but they keep your back dry when the roads wet

wrote in message

where I am it would be worm guts. the little critters come out all
over the...
Forum: General July 29th 08, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Claire Petersky
bicycle seat that feels like a pillow?

"Bennett Haselton" wrote in message

Most people seem to be harrassing you, rather than genuinely...
Forum: General July 26th 08, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 37
Posted By Claire Petersky
What are the reasons you have fallen down?

"Ablang" wrote in message

What are the reasons you have fallen down? Was it b/c of klutziness in
Forum: General July 26th 08, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 46
Posted By Claire Petersky
Selecting a Bike

"Katuzo" wrote in message

How far do I plan on riding? On a daily ride, they say you must
exercise...
Forum: General July 26th 08, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 109
Posted By Claire Petersky
Bicycle Commuting on the Rise (BSOs on the Rise)

"SMS" wrote in message

A serious commuter would a) be able to fix most things themselves, and b)
would likely have...
Forum: General July 23rd 08, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Claire Petersky
Stop Making Multi-speed Kids Bicycles

wrote in message
Those multi-speed kids bicycles end up at the curb for garbage pick
up. They...
Forum: General July 21st 08, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Claire Petersky
Shower after cycling to work?

wrote in message

I wonder how rare it is for workplaces to have showers for bike
commuters?

If...
Forum: General June 4th 08, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Claire Petersky
Ferry/bike commuter article and video

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
"Claire Petersky" ...
Forum: General June 2nd 08, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Claire Petersky
Ferry/bike commuter article and video

Since I was recently criticized for linking and running, this should be a
slightly
more annotated post.

An article about increased commuter use of the ferries, over...
Forum: General May 29th 08, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Claire Petersky
What do you call "faux tandem" for kids?

"Pat" wrote in message

Is a 4 year old child too young for the Trail A Bike?

No - that generally should be fine. I think we started...
Forum: Rides March 12th 08, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Claire Petersky
Anyone familiar with cycling in southern Oregon?

"Mike Rocket J Squirrel" wrote in message
I don't know where to post this.

Rec.bicycles.rides is probably the...
Forum: General March 6th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Claire Petersky
Steveston, BC

"Jim F" wrote in message
Any of you guys who ride out of Steveston lurk here? I'm looking to ride
early Friday morning and...
Forum: General January 29th 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 51
Posted By Claire Petersky
How often do you fall ...... and why?

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message
Anyway, at the risk of appearing a real oaf, here's some
of...
Forum: Rides January 28th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 39
Posted By Claire Petersky
Winter....anyone.

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:11:07 -0800, "Claire Petersky"
wrote,...
Forum: General January 28th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 42
Posted By Claire Petersky
Winter....anyone.

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:11:07 -0800, "Claire Petersky"
wrote,...
Forum: Rides January 27th 08, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 39
Posted By Claire Petersky
Winter....anyone.

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,

Worst of all are drivers who come here from...
Forum: General January 27th 08, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 42
Posted By Claire Petersky
Winter....anyone.