Showing results 1 to 25 of 112
Search took 2.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: catzz66
Forum: General March 12th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By catzz66
Looking for a new Bike

Dish wrote:
Hi,

I have just started getting into bicycling, and am looking to buy a
new mountain bike. Since this is the first time i'm buying a bike i
have no clue which bike to go for...
Forum: General March 12th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By catzz66
Wishing for spring

Pat wrote:
them home -- it was over 50 each afternoon.

Wish it would turn to spring. Wish I could put away the heavy and
medium pairs, at least.

Pat

It's spring here. Come on...
Forum: General March 8th 07, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By catzz66
A good fixed gear ratio?

wightstraker wrote:

Besides the coolness factor of converting to a fixed gear, a reasonable
alternative might be to continue riding it the way you are doing now.
Find a gear ratio that works...
Forum: General March 8th 07, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By catzz66
A good fixed gear ratio?

wightstraker wrote:
I have a rusty old road bike that I've been fixing up over the year.
I've changed the brakes, replaced the cables, the tires and tubing,
etc.

After all these fixes,...
Forum: General March 8th 07, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By catzz66
How bad can a tear get

nash wrote:
"catzz66" wrote in message

nash wrote:

Excuse me for trying to save money. you all boast about...
Forum: General March 8th 07, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By catzz66
How bad can a tear get

nash wrote:

Excuse me for trying to save money. you all boast about the 10 K miles you
get with your tires so I thought it was sad.
Hell, I got it going for about a 3/4 of year. So...
Forum: General February 27th 07, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By catzz66
A new cell phone experience

wrote:
[cell phone rant]
What can you possible do about someone like that?

Do your best to stay out of their way.
Forum: Techniques February 26th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By catzz66
Chain cleaning continued

wrote:
Finally got some mineral spirits from home depot and did some
cleaning....

What would have been wrong with spritzing everything with something like
Simple Green...
Forum: Techniques February 9th 07, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By catzz66
Drop-out paint question

Bill wrote:

Anyone have a suggestion as to how best to paint it rather than telling me I
don't need to paint it?

Not trying to be a wise guy, but it is not clear what is happening to...
Forum: General February 8th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By catzz66
Need advise on a Serotta purchase

landotter wrote:

You can get Shimano Dura Ace or Ultegra and enjoy their long warranty--
or you can spend quite a bit less and get Campagnolo Veloce and have a
groupset that you can...
Forum: General February 1st 07, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By catzz66
Performance bike opened a new store

skiffrun wrote:

REI. Other than the mechanic at charity events, I have yet to see
any REI associate in the cycle area, let alone knowledgeable. On the
other hand, for hiking /...
Forum: General January 26th 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By catzz66
Need a social touring ride workout video

Veloise wrote:
Now wouldn't that be fun? RAGBRAI without the heat? Colorado without
the mountains? GOBA without the rain?

Texas without the heat? Where's the fun in that!
Forum: General January 24th 07, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By catzz66
Cracked red hands

landotter wrote:

On Jan 24, 1:54 pm, "nash" wrote:

BTW,
Anyone tell me what are the ingredients in Bag Balm that make it so good?
I noticed it was derived...
Forum: General January 19th 07, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 74
Posted By catzz66
logistics associated with starting a new riding group?

Ken C. M. wrote:

Well I have my reasons for not wanting to ride with riders that much
older than myself. Maybe for something different once in a great while
but not on a regular basis....
Forum: Techniques January 9th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By catzz66
email question, OT, yep, I know but

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
It's winter in most places.

It occured to me that some people may be trying to reach me using email
address' that are not current. So, is there a service(free...
Forum: General January 8th 07, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By catzz66
Newbie update!

Kristian M Zoerhoff wrote:

In the wet, stick to the rear brake, to avoid front-wheel skids (bad!). In the
dry, learn to use the front brake, starting with very light pressure, over the
Forum: Techniques January 6th 07, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By catzz66
Tearing rear wheel rims

steve wrote:

Sorry I don't know the wheel manufacturer (I will look tonight) but
the bike is a Specialized Allez Elite. The first time the rim failed
there was a large tear in the rim...
Forum: Techniques January 5th 07, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By catzz66
ban unicycles from charity rides.

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

Hmmm, I'm an adult and I know little kids are often wobbly. So when I
see them I deal with it -- giving them a wide berth if I pass. I
think in most cases...
Forum: General January 5th 07, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 35
Posted By catzz66
How do you log rides?

Ron Wallenfang wrote:
I record in my yearly calendar the daily mileage, which bike I rode,
and estimated high and low riding temperatures every day. When
applicable, I record when I got wet,...
Forum: General January 4th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By catzz66
Cycling Gear for Big Guys

The Historian wrote:
What are some suggestions for sources of 'oversized' cycling clothes
for oversized guys? The 2x stuff I ordered is too small for my 6'1" 274
pound form. The jersey is far...
Forum: General January 4th 07, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 35
Posted By catzz66
How do you log rides?

Just keep monthly/annual mileage on a scratch pad and transfer it once a
year to a spread sheet. I do it just for motivation. I ride nearly
every day, so for me there is not be any particular...
Forum: Techniques January 2nd 07, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By catzz66
Repairing a scratched rim?

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Colin Campbell" wrote: (clip)I'm wondering whether I might be able to sand
the scratch down, so that it doesn't tear up the brake pad. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would...
Forum: General December 28th 06, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By catzz66
Problems to work on for a beginner.

Dealing with the cold: Try to ride out into the wind and back with the
wind. Your ride home will be your reward for the hard work riding out.
I use one layer of high tech clothing (upper body...
Forum: General December 28th 06, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 52
Posted By catzz66
Problems to work on for a beginner.

Starting off: Different people do different things. I anchor one foot
and roll for a while before cranking up a regular pedal stroke. I
didn't really think about it. It is just something I...
Forum: Techniques December 23rd 06, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By catzz66
A Merry Christmas And a Happy New Year