Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Forum: UK August 18th 08, 09:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
other forms of racing

On Aug 18, 9:49 am, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:
,
Nigel Cliffe tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

I...
Forum: UK September 20th 07, 02:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Freewheel this Sunday- bibless riders may be banned

On Sep 20, 2:15 pm, lardyninja wrote:

I just rang the contact number on their website and was told I could
cycle along the closed roads even if I haven't registered.

So...
Forum: UK August 7th 07, 07:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Campag & Shimano Compatability

On Aug 7, 6:04 pm, a_pennattalk21dotcom wrote:
Hi,
Apologies if this has been asked before but I did a search on this
group and could'nt find anything.
Basically is it possible to use Campag...
Forum: UK August 2nd 07, 11:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Cycling can be dangerous

On Aug 2, 10:02 am, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

Registration is essential apparently.

Indeed. And the website also says:

"It's free and anyone can be part of it - so...
Forum: UK June 19th 07, 10:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 169
Posted By [email protected]
murderous motorist

On Jun 18, 6:56 pm, Ian Smith wrote:
Number plate I gave the 999 operator: W377 PGH
I also told them it was a white car-based van and I thought it might
have been a...
Forum: UK May 23rd 07, 10:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Trailgator success and failure

A regular upwrong tandem could probably be manouvered through the
pedestrian gates at the Hampton Hill & Kingston sides of Bushy Park by
sitting it up on its back wheel.

Unfortunately our recumbent...
Forum: UK May 23rd 07, 10:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Trailgator success and failure

A regular upwrong tandem could probably be manouvered through the
pedestrian gates at the Hampton Hill & Kingston sides of Bushy Park by
sitting it up on its back wheel.

Unfortunately our recumbent...
Forum: UK April 27th 07, 12:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Top letter in 'The Independent' today

Is from a Mr David Hansen of this parish, I believe,
Forum: UK April 26th 07, 08:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Isle of Wight, so hilly!

On Apr 25, 12:13 pm, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:

Indeed. We had a race meeting in Ryde back in 1998. I stayed with friends
in Southampton the night before, got the...
Forum: UK March 20th 07, 10:21 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Which recumbent shop - Netherlands

On Mar 20, 9:47 am, "LSMike" wrote:
Anyone got any recommendations on which recumbent shops to visit?

Depends whether you are wanting to hire / test ride / buy or just...
Forum: UK March 6th 07, 03:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Cambridge cyclist's video featured on BBC East News today

On Mar 6, 2:56 pm, (Roger Merriman) wrote:

odd bit of road that, the A308? past hampton. which is a 20 zone,
consdering all the small resdental roads off it are 30... and...
Forum: UK March 6th 07, 03:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
All that money...

Frighteningly, the road where this occurred is on my regular lunchtime
circuit. The crash appears (from the photo in The Sun) to have been on
the Shepperton bypass part of the B375, heading west.
Forum: UK December 7th 06, 03:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Another daft 'bent question

Tim Hall wrote:
Just supposing a chap had bought a Vision R40. What would happen if
such a chap joined the BHPC and entered one of those energetic races
they seem to delight in? Would it be...
Forum: UK November 2nd 06, 02:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Experience of Velowalker (or similar) Child's Bike?

Peter Clinch wrote:

On the one hand, yes, but on the other a two year old's hands will
probably have trouble with any meaningful brake so probably better that
they use the more effective...
Forum: UK October 25th 06, 11:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Strange fitness pattern

Dave Larrington wrote:

Eddy Merckx said[1] this is a Bad Thing and, to prove his point, lived in a
bungalow.

1 - according to Mr. M. Burrows, that is.

Or "Mr. M. Borrows", as he was...
Forum: UK September 11th 06, 08:54 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Challenge Seirin in Kingston-on-Thames

Spotted yesterday in Canbury Gardens. Anyone on this group?
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16