Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.28 seconds.
Forum: UK April 28th 08, 11:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Warranty on a Buckled Wheel?

I have something of an awkward dilemma.

A few weeks ago I bought a Genesis Skyline on my firm's Cycle2Work
scheme. Unfortunately, the scheme is set up through Halfords, so I
had to order the bike...
Forum: UK March 2nd 08, 01:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel truing

On 1 Mar, 11:35, Jonathan Campbell wrote:
Is there any point in me learning to true wheels? From reading books, it
seems relatively straightforward.

There's a pretty...
Forum: UK February 24th 08, 12:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Securing Components

On 24 Feb, 06:05, "Pete Biggs"
Excited at the prosepect of a new commuter (Geneis Skyline), I idly
Forum: UK February 23rd 08, 06:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Securing Components

Excited at the prosepect of a new commuter (Geneis Skyline), I idly
asked the price of Pinhead locking skewers + seat post clamps to
secure my new steed. I'm still reeling from the shock.

Some...
Forum: UK February 8th 08, 01:19 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
Sheldon Brown

"Sheldon's wife Harriet sent out mail this morning saying that Sheldon
Brown
died of a massive heart attack last night."

This is truly terrible news. There must be few cyclists who...
Forum: UK January 30th 08, 10:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Single Speed Commuter - Genesis Skyline?

My company is doing the cycle to work scheme (through Hellfords - but
they'll source most bikes) and it seems rude not to add a third to the
stable. Plus, I've hankered after a single speed for a...
Forum: UK August 29th 07, 01:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Brompton query- where best for a bottle carrier?

I wish that these handy things were imported to the UKhttp://www.cyclelink.com.au/images/qb90.gif

Perhaps not as elegant, but how about...
Forum: UK August 28th 07, 05:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Light Theft (solutions - small pocket lights, or heavy duty well secured lights?)

On 28 Aug, 16:27, John Hearns wrote:
David Johnson wrote:
they're all that good or reliable. So are there any *good* and very
*small* lights suitable for pockets?

Forum: UK August 10th 07, 01:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Dangerous bike

On 10 Aug, 11:43, elyob wrote:
snip
One bruised gonad later I decided it is time to replace everything.
/snip

Sounds a little drastic to me...
Forum: UK August 2nd 07, 10:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Hiring a fast bike?

On Aug 1, 10:00 pm, "news.plus.net" i-am-a-ro...@little-pink-
nose.com wrote:
Look up your local club and get to know the Chain Gang. That way you'll
soon know someone with a posh...
Forum: UK July 11th 07, 08:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
todays commute

On 11 Jul, 19:34, Mark

wrote:
Clipless pedals give up to 30% more power. 'Cos you can also pull up on
the pedals they...
Forum: UK June 30th 07, 02:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 50
Posted By [email protected]
Cyclecraft: Exceptions

On 30 Jun, 13:53, Danny Colyer wrote:
It fails to take account of the facts that using a horn can be part of
avoiding a potential collision and that on many cycles it...
Forum: UK June 21st 07, 10:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Blackwell Tunnel - Cycleable?

Thanks for the responses - all very useful. I rather expected the
Blackwell Tunnel wasn't suitable, but it looked so tempting on the
map!

I have to say, I'm rather looking forward to discovering a...
Forum: UK June 21st 07, 02:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Left turning buses

On 20 Jun, 18:42, "The other view point, there is one you know..."
wrote:

Wonder if any car drivers have started doing the same, for a similar
reason as you...
Forum: UK June 21st 07, 02:21 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Blackwell Tunnel - Cycleable?

I'm moving house to Greenwich in a couple of weeks and am trying to
decide on a new commuting route to Holborn. The new place is very
close to the white elephant formerly known as the Millenium Dome...
Forum: UK June 20th 07, 01:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Left turning buses

On 20 Jun, 13:01, Haggis McMutton wrote:
Out of interest, why do you record your journeys?

I record my commutes in central London because I'm fed up with the
level of abuse...
Forum: UK June 4th 07, 08:47 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Pac-a-mac and similar

On 3 Jun, 19:06, Peter Clinch wrote:
/Ususally/ these thing work by pushing everything through the open
pocket-entrance from the back, so in the end the pocket is
Forum: UK June 1st 07, 01:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Weak Braking - Shimano 105

On 1 Jun, 11:41, "Pete Biggs"
wrote:
or 3) There was nothing wrong with the cable at all and actually the
braking is just as good as before...
Forum: UK June 1st 07, 12:21 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Weak Braking - Shimano 105

Replaced the brake cable and now it works like a charm. Thanks again
for the help!
Forum: UK May 30th 07, 06:38 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Weak Braking - Shimano 105

Thanks for the all responses - they're very helpful.

I've already taken the bar tape off to inspect the exterior of the
cables (no visible damage or kinks) but haven't had the insides out
yet. I'll...
Forum: UK May 30th 07, 05:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Weak Braking - Shimano 105

You have either stretched that cable, or it has slipped through the nut
at the actual brake.

That's what I thought at first, but even with the cable very (i.e.
too) tight, I can't get the brake...
Forum: UK May 30th 07, 02:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Weak Braking - Shimano 105

Since I exfoliated the more padded area of my anatomy on a stretch of
wet tarmac, my rear brake has been acting up. I have a full and
unrestricted range of moment in the lever (Shimano 105) but...
Forum: UK May 29th 07, 05:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Didn't get arrested ...

On 25 May, 22:47, Paul Boyd wrote:
The whole thing just seems to serve to antagonize motorists. I can't
understand why cyclists would want to do that - we have enough trouble
Forum: UK April 3rd 07, 12:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
UV Bikelight

On 2 Apr, 11:55, Anthony Jones wrote:
_ wrote:
It might be an interesting experiment, but my guess is that using UV leds
will make you appear no more...
Forum: UK April 1st 07, 06:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
UV Bikelight

I recently passed close to a blacklight in my flourescent commuting
attire and was stunned by just quite how visible I was. The effect is
dramatic, even with faded / dirty material.

That got me...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27