Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JFern
Forum: General April 19th 11, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By JFern
Self Sealing Inner Tube: Do They Work ?

On Apr 17, 2:27*am, "Blue Heeler" wrote:
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° wrote:
On 4/11/2011 11:20 AM, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Do those "self-sealing" inner tubes work ?

Some...
Forum: Techniques September 29th 10, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By JFern
SRAM Red Rear Derailleur Skip

On Sep 28, 9:48*am, David Patnaude wrote:
I have a road bike built up with a SRAM Red drive train and I have an issue
with the rear derailleur.

Everything seems to...
Forum: Techniques September 1st 10, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By JFern
Still Riding Sew-ups?

On Aug 31, 8:13*pm, "
wrote:
On Aug 31, 8:46*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

On Aug 31, 5:20*pm,...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 10, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 36
Posted By JFern
Lateral stiffness

On Jun 17, 11:15*pm, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 17, 8:53 pm, wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:05:32 -0500, "z, fred" wrote:
Forum: Techniques January 23rd 10, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By JFern
Campy NR to 9/10-speed question

On Jan 23, 12:41*am, AMuzi wrote:
JFern wrote:
I'm in Thailand and my bikes are in the US so I can't easily answer
this myself:
Will a Campy Nuovo Record rear...
Forum: Techniques January 22nd 10, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By JFern
Campy NR to 9/10-speed question

I'm in Thailand and my bikes are in the US so I can't easily answer
this myself:
Will a Campy Nuovo Record rear derailleur with the limit screws backed
all the way out cover the range of a 9 or...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 09, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 122
Posted By JFern
gears for those on the tour de france

On Jul 23, 9:44*am, someone wrote:
On 23 July, 16:29, Neil Brooks wrote:

On Jul 23, 8:17*am, Jay Beattie wrote:

Forum: Techniques June 11th 09, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By JFern
Removing old rim glue

In an effort to start a new trend on this group, I'm going to follow
up.
In the end I used a wire paint stripping brush attached to a cordless
drill (lower speed than a grinder motor) to remove 99%...
Forum: Techniques June 9th 09, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By JFern
New Record cranks on old Edco BB

On Jun 8, 10:49*pm, AMuzi wrote:
JFern wrote:
On Jun 8, 10:03 pm, jim beam wrote:
JFern wrote:
On Jun 8, 8:33 pm, Carl Sundquist...
Forum: Techniques June 9th 09, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By JFern
New Record cranks on old Edco BB

On Jun 8, 10:40*pm, Chalo wrote:
JFern wrote:

Loctite says:
Blue: *Can be removed with hand tools

On a big diameter thread like a BB shell, with a puny wrench...
Forum: Techniques June 9th 09, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By JFern
New Record cranks on old Edco BB

On Jun 8, 10:03*pm, jim beam wrote:
JFern wrote:
On Jun 8, 8:33 pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
JFern wrote:
On Jun 8, 8:18 pm, Carl Sundquist...
Forum: Techniques June 9th 09, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By JFern
New Record cranks on old Edco BB

On Jun 8, 8:33*pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
JFern wrote:
On Jun 8, 8:18 pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
JFern wrote:
Hi again,
Forum: Techniques June 9th 09, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By JFern
New Record cranks on old Edco BB

On Jun 8, 8:18*pm, Carl Sundquist wrote:
JFern wrote:
Hi again,
Wondering if there are thoughts on whether new(-ish) 10sp Campy Record
cranks (says they need a...
Forum: Techniques June 9th 09, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By JFern
New Record cranks on old Edco BB

Hi again,
Wondering if there are thoughts on whether new(-ish) 10sp Campy Record
cranks (says they need a 102mm BB spindle) would fit on an old Edco
Competition BB with a 115mm spindle. It seems the...
Forum: Techniques June 7th 09, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By JFern
Good frame pump?????

On Jun 7, 12:33*pm, Peter Cole wrote:
P. Chisholm wrote:
On Jun 6, 10:48 pm, "Papa Tom" wrote:
Today is the day my Topeak mini pump...
Forum: Techniques June 7th 09, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By JFern
Removing old rim glue

On Jun 6, 9:08*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
Andrew Muzi wrote:
JFern wrote:
Any good thoughts on how to remove (very) old rim glue from rims?

Forum: Techniques June 6th 09, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By JFern
Removing old rim glue

Any good thoughts on how to remove (very) old rim glue from rims? Have
a set of 20+ year old wheels I'm hoping to use on a restoration
project, but the glue on them has set like concrete. Basic...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17