Showing results 1 to 25 of 281
Search took 1.05 seconds.
Forum: Racing November 28th 09, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
TdH Mass Chaos and Confusion - Day 6 (Stage Four /Wenchang - Haikou)

I'd been in the company of non-local foreigners for a bit too long by
this point and I had an absolutely lovely time with my hosts in
Wenchang. They complain about the same things I do and accept...
Forum: Racing November 28th 09, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
TdH Mass Chaos and Confusion - Day 5 (Stage Three /Xinglong -Wenchang)

My new favorite Chinese proverb is "I have eaten more food than you".
It doesn't so much mean that I am smarter than you or that I have
better ideas than you do but that I have more experience with...
Forum: Racing November 18th 09, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
TdH Mass Chaos and Confusion - Day 4 (Stage Two /Baoting - Xinglong)

On the map it is only about 50 or 60km from Baoting to Xinglong. Of
course, that assumes one is taking a direct route. The direct route,
however, would have been boring.

Being as Xinglong is...
Forum: Racing November 16th 09, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
TdH Mass Chaos and Confusion - Day 3 (Stage One / Sanya - Baoting)

The problem with not having a specific assigned location in the
caravan is that the car you are in has a tendency to leave without
you. Of course, if I had been clever enough to already be in the...
Forum: Racing November 16th 09, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
TdH Mass Chaos and Confusion - Day 2

Since 2006 the teams have consistently complained about the food.
So far as I know the race organization has, in turn, complained to the
restaurants. There seems to be some slight improvement but...
Forum: Racing November 16th 09, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
TdH Mass Chaos and Confusion - Day 1

I didn’t work for the Pre-Race Services department this year. There
were a number of factors that went into this decision. On a personal
note I was in the US this summer and had no clear idea of...
Forum: General September 21st 09, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Geoff's Wedding

This was the first mixed Chinese/Foreign wedding that I've been to.
I've been to Chinese friends' weddings and I've been to foreign
friends' weddings but I've never been to one where a laowai and...
Forum: Racing September 16th 09, 09:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
An Invitation

I'm not even going to pretend that I'm a very good racer. The only
reason I consistently place in the top ten is because all the other
amateur women in China are even more sucktacular than I am. ...
Forum: General June 1st 09, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
fwd: A Very Bad Day (warning - h*lmets)

This is forwarded from the teflchinalife yahoogroups mailing list.

A Very Bad Day.

This 3 day holiday I went cycling with a student who has graduated &
now working, her work mate & their friend. I...
Forum: General March 31st 09, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Hainan Mountain Bike Race

rms wrote:
Then I ride home. Slowly.

Wow! Great story, so much drama. Have you had the leg looked at lately
:)

In theory I'm getting surgery some time soon. I'm currently caught...
Forum: General March 30th 09, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
CyclingNews Down

Is the website working in the US or is this a China thing?

Also, for some unknown glitch of a reason the UCI database doesn't
have the ProTour teams... and has not had them for at least three...
Forum: General November 23rd 08, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos and Confusion: Stage Six

Only one picture but it's a cool one
http://www.chineseye.com/path-users-usr_center&option=blog_show&blogid=433&userid=1406.html

And some familiar names on...
Forum: Racing November 23rd 08, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos and Confusion: Stage Six

Only one picture but it's a cool one
http://www.chineseye.com/path-users-usr_center&option=blog_show&blogid=433&userid=1406.html

And some familiar names on...
Forum: General November 23rd 08, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos and Confusion: Stage Six

With my pictures at:
http://www.chineseye.com/path-users-usr_center&option=blog_show&blogid=432&userid=1406.html

With a certain familiar name as part of the writing credit and my
friend Song...
Forum: Racing November 23rd 08, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos and Confusion: Stage Six

With my pictures at:
http://www.chineseye.com/path-users-usr_center&option=blog_show&blogid=432&userid=1406.html

With a certain familiar name as part of the writing credit and my
friend Song...
Forum: General November 23rd 08, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos and Confusion: Stage Five

With some of my pictures at
http://www.chineseye.com/path-users-usr_center&option=blog_show&blogid=429&userid=1406.html

No cyclingnews credit for me this stage, but my friend Song Guoqiang
took some...
Forum: Racing November 23rd 08, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos and Confusion: Stage Five

With some of my pictures at
http://www.chineseye.com/path-users-usr_center&option=blog_show&blogid=429&userid=1406.html

No cyclingnews credit for me this stage, but my friend Song Guoqiang
took some...
Forum: Racing November 23rd 08, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos and Confusion: Stage Four

Some pictures...

http://www.chineseye.com/path-users-usr_center&option=blog_show&blogid=422&userid=1406.html

And you might notice a familiar name...
Forum: General November 23rd 08, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos and Confusion: Stage Four

Some pictures...

http://www.chineseye.com/path-users-usr_center&option=blog_show&blogid=422&userid=1406.html

And you might notice a familiar name...
Forum: Racing November 23rd 08, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos and Confusion: Stage Three

No pictures from me for this stage.

http://www.chineseye.com/path-users-usr_center&option=blog_show&blogid=420&userid=1406.html

Breakfast was a monumental disappointment.

I don't mean to say the...
Forum: General November 23rd 08, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos and Confusion: Stage Three

No pictures from me for this stage.

http://www.chineseye.com/path-users-usr_center&option=blog_show&blogid=420&userid=1406.html

Breakfast was a monumental disappointment.

I don't mean to say the...
Forum: General November 8th 08, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos, Confusion, and Cholera

On Nov 7, 2:54*pm, (Dennis P. Harris)
wrote:
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:13:05 -0800 (PST) in rec.bicycles.misc,

" ...
Forum: Racing November 6th 08, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos, Confusion, and Cholera

On Nov 6, 10:37*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
*"Robert Chung" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau...
Forum: General November 6th 08, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos, Confusion, and Cholera

On Nov 6, 10:37*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
*"Robert Chung" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau...
Forum: General November 5th 08, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Mass Chaos, Confusion, and Cholera

http://www.chineseye.com/path-users-usr_center&option=blog_show&blogid=400&userid=1406.html

It started at a dinner party in Danzhou. Someone's wedding. Going
back to the laojia. Going down to the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 281