Showing results 1 to 25 of 108
Search took 5.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nige Danton
Forum: UK December 17th 09, 07:12 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Nige Danton
Cycling books.. a list?

There are occasional posts here talking about cycling books - would
there be any interest in compiling a list of books and together with a
brief review and posting it here periodically? Or perhaps...
Forum: UK November 27th 09, 05:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Nige Danton
Long Distance Tour ...

On Nov 27, 7:51*am, JNugent wrote:
On Two Wheels wrote:
.... I'm planning on doing a very long distance tour next year 2010. *Heading
out of England on...
Forum: UK October 1st 09, 10:10 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Nige Danton
Bike beats helicopter

On Sep 30, 6:26*pm, Simon Brooke wrote:

Still, impressive.

Yes, fairly so. Not as impressive as Jeannie Longo though (different
thread).

--
Nige Danton
Forum: UK September 30th 09, 03:25 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Is there no stopping her - Jeannie Longo raced in yet another world
road racing championship. She's now 51. She's been the French or world
champion an incredible 56...
Forum: UK September 30th 09, 03:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Nige Danton
Bike beats helicopter

http://www.psfk.com/2009/09/bicycle-beats-helicopter.html

--
Nige Danton
Forum: Techniques September 28th 09, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sep 26, 10:11*pm, pm wrote:

I've done a couple of orders from them. The stuff comes over
surprisingly fast with no hassle. I haven't had to do a return so
can't...
Forum: UK September 23rd 09, 05:02 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 151
Posted By Nige Danton
RESULT : Create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated

On Sep 23, 9:33*pm, "Wm..."
wrote:
Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:22:20

uk.net.news.config Nige...
Forum: UK September 23rd 09, 03:22 PM Posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 151
Posted By Nige Danton
RESULT : Create moderated newsgroup uk.rec.cycling.moderated

On Sep 23, 7:57*pm, "Wm..."
wrote:

d'ya mean those for or against? *the N voters will make a sorry bunch if
shown a bicycle with the noted exception of...
Forum: UK September 5th 09, 05:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Nige Danton
Living room pr0n

On Sep 5, 11:01*pm, Oaf wrote:
Unfortunately, my kitchen is too small for me to photograph this
beauty, received this morning:

Black steel frame, horizontal top tube,...
Forum: UK July 31st 09, 04:29 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Nige Danton
Tube valve query

On Jul 31, 2:25*am, Chris Gerhard wrote:

You can also get extenders, useful to have in your pocket if you have to
borrow a tube.

That's a thought. I've had one of those...
Forum: UK July 30th 09, 02:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Nige Danton
Herts - Suggested ride routes?

On Jul 29, 3:12*pm, Tim Hall wrote:

Thanks for all of the replies here and by email - it's appreciated.

http://www.westlondonctc.org.uk/

That's a good idea...
Forum: UK July 30th 09, 11:13 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By Nige Danton
Tube valve query

On Jul 30, 4:06*pm, "Bill" wrote:
Hundreds of the things!!

There are indeed and if you run your wheels without a valve stem
lockring then you might want to get them...
Forum: UK July 29th 09, 05:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Nige Danton
Herts - Suggested ride routes?

On Jul 29, 8:56*am, Matthew Brealey wrote:

Of course you can get Ordnance Survey maps online as well, e.g., at
streetmap.co.uk

With google you can even look at an...
Forum: UK July 28th 09, 03:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Nige Danton
Herts - Suggested ride routes?

On Jul 28, 8:19*pm, Matthew Brealey wrote:

tryhttp://www.greatnorthway.org.uk/

Thanks for that - it looks like a good route and very picturesque too
- we are looking for...
Forum: UK July 28th 09, 03:19 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Nige Danton
Herts - Suggested ride routes?

We are making a short visit to the uk in August and we will have our
bikes with us. We will be spending a week in Brookmans Park, Herts -
can anyone suggest any decent road rides from that area?...
Forum: UK July 18th 09, 04:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Nige Danton
Books

On Jul 18, 7:58*pm, terryj wrote:
crane cousins: journey to the centre of the earth

I've never had a copy of that book - but I do have a web archive from
when the book was...
Forum: UK July 18th 09, 07:52 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Nige Danton
Recommendation for turbo trainer?

On Jul 17, 10:44*pm, BrianW wrote:
Can anyone recommend a reasonably quiet and effective turbo trainer?
My ideal price bracket would be £100-150. *Following an...
Forum: UK July 17th 09, 03:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Nige Danton
Books

On Jul 17, 6:24*pm, Daniel Barlow wrote:
I very much enjoyed "Push Yourself Just A Little Bit Mo Backstage
at the Tour de France", by Johnny Green (former Clash tour
Forum: UK July 17th 09, 03:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Nige Danton
Books

On Jul 17, 6:46*pm, "PoB" wrote:
| I've so far read:
|
| * * Rough Ride by Paul Kimmage
| * * Flying Scotsman: The Graeme Obree...
Forum: UK July 12th 09, 09:39 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Nige Danton
It's The Tourmalet!

On Jul 12, 3:17*pm, spindrift wrote:

It is...!

Was it Paul Kimmage who once famously said when asked for a review of
the climb "it's a long *******"?

--
NIge Danton
Forum: Techniques July 10th 09, 07:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech

Thanks for all of the interesting and informative replies. I would
have replied to the various points made at the time but unfortunately
I've been offline for a while. I can see there were a few...
Forum: Techniques July 2nd 09, 04:29 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By Nige Danton
Lower gears - road bike

We are taking a short vacation in the south of France (Pyrenees) and
our road bikes will need lower gears. The current set up is: bike 1 -
record with 53/39 chainwheels, 12-25 cassette and short...
Forum: UK July 1st 09, 02:14 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
XXL
Posted By Nige Danton
XXL

On Jul 1, 2:35*am, David Damerell
wrote:

This seems like a remarkable question. Nearly all cycling gloves of
allegedly traditional design are made with a...
Forum: UK June 29th 09, 08:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Nige Danton
Defining 'obscenity'

On 28/06/2009 22:44, Simon Brooke wrote:

That's as curved as a very curvy thing - I think I'll stick with my
Fizik Arione Wingflex. I've got one on both my bikes and it's proved
to be (for me) the...
Forum: UK June 29th 09, 08:08 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Nige Danton
Bike shops - Camparan France?

We'll be taking a short vacation at Camparan, France in August - can
anyone point me at decent (road) bike shop in that area? Many thanks.

--
Nige Danton
Showing results 1 to 25 of 108