Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 1.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andy Froncioni
Forum: Techniques January 14th 10, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Aerolab -- A Virtual Windtunnel Module for GoldenCheetah

Aerolab, GoldenCheetah's upcoming virtual windtunnel module, is now
available in pre-release, patched form for evaluation purposes for
Windows. It's still embryonic and fragile, but you can test...
Forum: Techniques September 26th 07, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy Froncioni
PT Pro - Zipp 404 ( 650 ) Dimensions

On Sep 24, 10:28 pm, Ron Ruff wrote:
http://www.zipp.com/RimDiameters/tabid/122/Default.aspx

And so, part 2 of the question remains:

- using a Zipp 404 (650mm) rim and a...
Forum: Techniques September 25th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy Froncioni
PT Pro - Zipp 404 ( 650 ) Dimensions

On Sep 24, 9:45 pm, Ron Ruff wrote:
Copied from Zipp's website:

Model 250 700c Quick-v Tubular = 596mm
Model 245 650c smooth Mid-v Tubular = 521mm
Model 280 700c...
Forum: Techniques September 24th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy Froncioni
PT Pro - Zipp 404 ( 650 ) Dimensions

1) Does anyone know the ERD for a Zipp 404 650mm wheel?

2) As a check, can anyone tell me what spoke lengths to use for a 2-
cross/2-cross
PT Pro / Zipp 404 ( 650 ) build?

3) Can anyone...
Forum: Techniques August 27th 07, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Cannondale R700 or R900

On Aug 27, 8:59 am, wrote:
I would appreciate some opinions on a decision I have to make. I am
looking at a 2006 Cannondale R700-T with 9-speed Ultegra rear and full
105 on...
Forum: Techniques August 5th 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Spoke wrench for Mavic wheels

On Aug 4, 8:04 pm, Andy Froncioni wrote:
On the same subject, are the FSA hidden hex nipple heads 5.5mm? I'm looking
at a nice FSA driver, but want to make sure...
Forum: Techniques August 5th 07, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Spoke wrench for Mavic wheels

On the same subject, are the FSA hidden hex nipple heads 5.5mm? I'm looking
at a nice FSA driver, but want to make sure it'll fit on my Cosmic Carbone
and Reynolds hidden nipple wheels. FSA...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Andy Froncioni
source for green bar tape?

On Jul 24, 7:38 pm, "John Verheul" wrote:
A surprisingly uncommon item it would seem, after searching most of the
usual outlets. Anyone aware of a source for green bar tape,...
Forum: Techniques July 24th 07, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Pulling Spokes on The Inside or Outside?

Thank you all for your answers. It certainly sounds like I won't be
making a mistake by putting the pulling spokes inboard.

And, yes, Jobst, I have bought a copy of your book and read it. But...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 07, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Pulling Spokes on The Inside or Outside?

I'm building a rear wheel very soon. Here are the specs:
- PT SL hub
- DT Aerolite spokes
- Reynolds Solitude rim
- 24-spoke
- 2-cross

The big question: Should the pulling spokes be inboard or...
Forum: Techniques July 21st 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Inverted Nipples on Reynolds Solitude Rim?

Powertap wheel? heavy hub-yes, Want a reliable wheel-right? If you
want to use bladed, make sure they fit into the holes w/o
slotting..Slotting the hub and bye-bye warranty.

A common...
Forum: Techniques July 21st 07, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Inverted Nipples on Reynolds Solitude Rim?

I've been told you can invert the 1.8mm nipples.

1) Can I?

Yes but the notch will dig into the rim-bad thing.

Do you know if Reynolds makes a 1.8mm version of its internal
nipples? ...
Forum: Techniques July 21st 07, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Inverted Nipples on Reynolds Solitude Rim?

I'm building a PowerTap SL wheel on Reynolds Solitude rims. Woo-hoo!

So I just got my shipment of DT-Swiss Aero Speed spokes with 1.8mm
nipples. And I just got my Solitude rim, with 2.0mm hex...
Forum: Techniques July 12th 07, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 165
Posted By Andy Froncioni
how many km's between tyres?

The answer to the question, "How often should I replace my tires?", is
related to
your degree of risk-aversion. If you cycle flat bike-paths very
slowly and a flat won't kill you,
then use...
Forum: Techniques July 8th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Spoke quality

On Jul 7, 11:01 am, Just A User wrote:
So
the question is are /aftermarket/ spokes higher quality? Worthwhile to
rebuild the wheels with better spokes or just...
Forum: Techniques June 17th 07, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Reynolds Alta Aero Comp Rim Dimensions

I've looked everywhere for the dimensions of the Reynolds Alta Aero
Comp rim. Nothing on the web, got nowhere calling Reynolds
themselves... nothing.

I need the ERD for a wheelbuilding project. ...
Forum: Techniques June 8th 07, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Lacing Spokes Using Gerd Schraner's Method

Is there an easy way to lace spokes using Gerd Schraner's ("The Art of
Wheelbuilding") method?

I find that when I get to the second side, inserting spokes is
impossible to do without bending them. ...
Forum: Techniques June 5th 07, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Lacing a 2-Cross Wheel

Not knowing what method you use to insert spokes into the hub or the
order in which you engage them in the rim, that is not simple. I
suggest you look at the spokeing method outlined in "the...
Forum: Techniques June 2nd 07, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Lacing a 2-Cross Wheel

Hi,

I'm looking for a clear description of x-2 lacing. Where do I
start? anyone have any good
recipes?

advTHANKSance,

Andy
Forum: Techniques October 18th 06, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Spoke Tension Calibration Curves

(*) B = Y*I

where

I = moment of inertia of cross-section about neutral axis
= 1/32*Pi*D^4
Y = Young's modulus for the material
D = spoke diameter

An exact...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 06, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Spoke Tension Calibration Curves

The 'chart' for the DT tool has entrys and numbers for the DT non round
spokes, oval and bladed, why wouldn't a flat spoke of the same
dimensions read the same tension? The spokes of the...
Forum: Techniques October 16th 06, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Spoke Tension Calibration Curves

A better way would be to get a copy of the conversion table for the
Park tensiometer. It covers a veiety of spokes. With a litle analysis,
you can then correlate the readings of the DT gauge...
Forum: Techniques October 16th 06, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Spoke Tension Calibration Curves

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Andy Froncioni wrote:
I recently bought a fancy DT-Swiss Tensio tensiometer. Yup, the
expensive kind.

Ok, so now I have this nice tool that only...
Forum: Techniques October 16th 06, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Spoke Tension Calibration Curves

Dan wrote:
Andy Froncioni wrote:
I'll make a jig and start measuring the
deflection on the dial gauge with known weights on the spoke.

Might not work very well since the ends of the...
Forum: Techniques October 16th 06, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Andy Froncioni
Spoke Tension Calibration Curves

Leo Lichtman wrote:
Align the tensiometer across the thin
dimension of the spoke--that will give you the greatest sensitivity, and
will be the easiest position to achieve consistently. If it is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26