Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 3.64 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ambrose Nankivell
Forum: UK June 5th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
One for Nuxxman.

On Jun 5, 5:53*pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
Here's yet another example of the war on the cyclist. Police yet again
targetting innocent cyclists who are doing...
Forum: UK June 4th 07, 02:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 209
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
20mph limits coming

On Jun 3, 5:17 pm, Simon Dean wrote:
Ekul Namsob wrote:
Simon Dean wrote:

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message...
Forum: UK May 21st 07, 03:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Thames Cycle Path Closed

On May 21, 8:34 am, Tony Raven wrote:
By the way does anyone find it odd that the BBC with their 5-25kW RF
transmitters should be having a go at 100mW WiFi...
Forum: UK March 26th 07, 02:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 144
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
What do you think are the main reasons for people not cycling.

On Mar 24, 5:55 pm, (Ziggy) wrote:
Presuambly, most people here love to cycle - are 'diagnosed cyclists' as someone
put it today.

What do you think are the major...
Forum: UK March 5th 07, 01:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
OT - The Now Show, Radio 4, 2nd and 3rd March

On Mar 5, 12:12 pm, "al Mossah" wrote:
Marcus Brigstock had an absolutely spendid rant about all the "knobs"
who signed the anti-road-pricing petition. Well worth a listen...
Forum: UK February 13th 07, 01:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 104
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
OTish: Congestion charging petition

On Feb 12, 9:30 pm, Simon Dean wrote:
Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
Simon Dean wrote:
Yeah, presumably link this in with the sex offender register and you
can go...
Forum: UK January 12th 07, 02:16 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Unbalanced Bike

POHB wrote:
There was a thread a while back discussing whether folks preferred
their single pannier on the right or left.

obviousbragging
I like to dress to the opposite side, which balances...
Forum: UK November 17th 06, 03:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 56
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Swans

Steve wrote:
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 18:53:55 +0000, PUSHERBOT wrote:

I've spent a lot of time with swans (long story) and the best way to
get there attention is fix them in the eye and talk...
Forum: UK November 6th 06, 02:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Cambridge Police crackdown

raisethe wrote:
Simon Brooke wrote:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/StatBase/ssdataset.asp?vlnk=7250&Pos=&ColRank=1&Rank=272

Taking the 2002 figure for the cycling death rate,...
Forum: UK November 2nd 06, 02:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Casualties in Greater London 2005

wrote:
For cities like my home town, that would mean, for example,

In Manitoba? Can you state any relation to deaths in London?

synchronizing the lights on major thoroughfares...
Forum: UK November 2nd 06, 02:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Crazy Traffic

Mark Thompson wrote:
Sprinkle these where you feel they are appropriate.

:-) :-):-) :-):-) :-):-) :-):-) :-):-) :-):-) :-):-) :-):-) :-):-)
::-):-) :-):-) :-):-) :-)

B'ah, you can't...
Forum: UK November 1st 06, 03:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Crazy Traffic

Mark Thompson wrote:
Not even midday and the traffic is crazy.

Horror story on the way in.
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/men/news/s/227/227043
_crane_worker_falls_to_death.html

On...
Forum: UK August 4th 06, 02:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
how to deal with dogs?

Boostland wrote:
"Chris Smith" wrote in message
snip
Ring your bell well in advance of your approach, then pass...
Forum: UK August 4th 06, 02:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Compass Folding Bike

MartinM wrote:
Rob Morley wrote:
What's so special about this part anyway?

it holds the two halves of the frame together ;-)

Still, that still makes it a better two for one offer than...
Forum: UK August 4th 06, 01:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Cannondale

Peter Clinch wrote:
Kevin wrote:

I had no idea that asking about a manufacturer of bikes was such a
problem. Now if somebody said what are Ford like or BMW or Rolls
Royce, generally...
Forum: UK August 4th 06, 01:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 43
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
?45 - the value of a cyclist's life

Paul Weaver wrote:
Dave Larrington wrote:
And it it been driven with due care and attention, at a speed
appropriate to the prevailing conditions, it wouldn't have been.

Either the CPS or...
Forum: UK August 2nd 06, 02:33 PM Posted to misc.fitness.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Cycling Nutrition Question: Protein Suppliments vs. Meat

Arthur Clune wrote:
In uk.rec.cycling Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

Point of order: you can get milk that's only had the first of those
three treatments. The difference...
Forum: UK August 2nd 06, 11:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 37
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
FOAK: Advice on ow!

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
Dave L typed
Asking the LBS for vaseline is okay?

Go to your local chemists although you might be too enbaressed and
end up...
Forum: UK August 2nd 06, 11:53 AM Posted to misc.fitness.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Cycling Nutrition Question: Protein Suppliments vs. Meat

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message ,
Clive George ') wrote:

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote...
Forum: UK August 2nd 06, 11:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Miissiles thrown from cars

Paul Boyd wrote:
Simon Brooke said the following on 31/07/2006 21:03:

Absolutely not. The 2CV is the world's most underrated sportscar, and
it's performance on winding lanes is remarkable....
Forum: UK August 2nd 06, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Miissiles thrown from cars

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Ambrose Nankivell
') wrote:

James Hill wrote:
I've also had a fag end flicked at me as I overtook a...
Forum: UK July 31st 06, 03:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Cycling Nutrition Question: Protein Suppliments vs. Meat

David Damerell wrote:
Quoting Ambrose Nankivell :
I love the pedantry of saying "no, it's not a protein shake" when
people ask what I'm drinking.

Generally on tour...
Forum: UK July 31st 06, 01:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Cycling Nutrition Question: Protein Suppliments vs. Meat

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
Chris Smith typed
Carbs before and during exercise, slightly more protein afterwards
would seem prudent; but my guess is your body doesn't mind...
Forum: UK July 31st 06, 11:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Miissiles thrown from cars

James Hill wrote:
I've also had a fag end flicked at me as I overtook a 2CV crawling
down a country lane. Sour grapes methinks.

A 2CV's surely the least likely car to overtake down a windy...
Forum: UK July 21st 06, 05:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Ambrose Nankivell
Children need 90 mins plus exercise per day

dkahn400 wrote:
wafflycat wrote:

I'm sorely tempted, once the summer holidays are over, and
it's back to normal chaos along there, to drop the head of the
school a line asking if he/she...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84