Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sweet Old Bob
Forum: General January 11th 09, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 52
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Is ARBR dead and gone?

On Jan 2, 3:25*pm, rockin dude wrote:

So who da **** is Ed Nolan?

Probably a relative of Mike Vandeman.
Forum: Rides October 14th 08, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 10
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Boston-NY-DC Route?

I'm thinking about, not really planning yet a trip for next year
sometime between these three cities, either direction up or down.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a route?
Forum: Rides September 7th 08, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Prostatectomy and Bike Riding

On Aug 25, 8:04*pm, Ben Kaufman spaXm-mXe-anXd-paXy-5000-
wrote:

Not been through that but I did develop intense pain in that area after an
injury. * I got the Topeak *Allay...
Forum: Rides August 15th 08, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Prostatectomy and Bike Riding

It's been almost a month since I had a radical prostatectomy with the
DaVinci robot. Subsequent pathology was very good, very encouraging,
cancer wholly removed, very low chance of later...
Forum: Social Issues August 15th 08, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Prostatectomy and Bike Riding

It's been almost a month since I had a radical prostatectomy with the
DaVinci robot. Subsequent pathology was very good, very encouraging,
cancer wholly removed, very low chance of later...
Forum: General August 15th 08, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Prostatectomy and Bike Riding

It's been almost a month since I had a radical prostatectomy with the
DaVinci robot. Subsequent pathology was very good, very encouraging,
cancer wholly removed, very low chance of later...
Forum: General August 12th 08, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 181
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
I saw Critical Mass

On Jul 27, 11:03*am, Tim McNamara wrote:

A critical mass (of cars is one that) that more or less obeys the rules of the road, unlike
the Critical Mass rides which...
Forum: Rides August 12th 08, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 127
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
I saw Critical Mass

On Jul 27, 11:03*am, Tim McNamara wrote:

A critical mass (of cars is one that) that more or less obeys the rules of the road, unlike
the Critical Mass rides which...
Forum: UK August 12th 08, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 167
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
I saw Critical Mass

On Jul 27, 11:03*am, Tim McNamara wrote:

A critical mass (of cars is one that) that more or less obeys the rules of the road, unlike
the Critical Mass rides which...
Forum: Rides May 23rd 08, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Route Request: Sacramento to San Francisco CA

On May 21, 11:50 am, (Booker Bense) wrote:

You can't ride a bike on Rt 24, there are side roads
that parallel it until Orinda and then you need to
either head north or...
Forum: Rides May 15th 08, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Route Request: Sacramento to San Francisco CA

On May 9, 1:07 pm, (Booker Bense) wrote:

most people don't enjoy their trip across the Central Valley.
There are beautiful roads out there, but they tend to head
north...
Forum: Rides May 8th 08, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Route Request: Sacramento to San Francisco CA

I'm thinking of a ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles, but I have a
little extra time and I'm thinking of starting in Sacramento. Is this
a worthwhile ride? Is it worth spending a couple of...
Forum: Rides April 23rd 08, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Route Request: Sacramento to San Francisco CA

Looking for a nice touring route from Sacramento to San Francisco, or
more specifically Oakland or the Emeryville area.

Around 100 miles, isn't it? Any recommended campgrounds or places to
stay in...
Forum: Rides February 16th 08, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 13
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Riding across Wisconsin

On Feb 9, 10:12 am, Bill Taylor wrote:
I have an old friend in LaCrosse whom I would like to visit maybe this
summer. I know I have asked this before, but, refresh...
Forum: Rides August 19th 07, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Good tour, Bad tour, ... back to touring

On Aug 19, 8:36 am, "Sir Thomas of Cannondale"
wrote:

Anyway,,, so that I don't have another "bad" tour.

Let me suggest first that you ensure your steed is roadworthy. ...
Forum: Rides August 17th 07, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 6
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Crazy Guy on a Bike website?

What's happened to www.crazyguyonabike.com website? It appears to be
down the last few days.

Is it me, or does anyone have any more information?

Thanks.
Forum: Rides August 4th 07, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 11
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
GPS for cycling

On Jul 4, 4:14 pm, ken wrote:
It seems that there has been no discussion of hand-held GPS units
suitable to touring for some time.
Does anyone have experience or suggestions...
Forum: Rides July 29th 07, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Ride Around Lake Michigan

16 days, 1020 miles - great ride in July 2007!

Journal
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/LakeMichigan2007

Pictures:
http://sports.webshots.com/album/559985225zcdknU
Forum: Rides May 31st 07, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
New Orleans LA to Ocean Springs MS

On May 28, 7:49 pm, Sweet Old Bob wrote:
Pre-Katrina, I've ridden this route before (http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=1gci&page_id=5002&v=0) and I'd
like to do it...
Forum: Rides May 29th 07, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
New Orleans LA to Ocean Springs MS

Pre-Katrina, I've ridden this route before (http://
www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=1gci&page_id=5002&v=0) and I'd
like to do it again - but don't know if I can get through.

Essentially, take...
Forum: Rides May 21st 07, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Ride reccomendations in middle America

On May 16, 10:09 am, Dan Kappus wrote:

I'm looking for a medium-length (10-25 day) tour and want some advice.
When I lived in San Francisco, I would just get on my bike...
Forum: Rides May 21st 07, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Ride reccomendations in middle America

Dan Kappus wrote:
So I have two questions:
1)How do you decide on destinations and routes?

On May 19, 3:05 pm, Chuck Anderson
responded:

I pick a place I've...
Forum: Rides May 20th 07, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Michigan Upper Peninsula to Door County

On May 19, 9:13 pm, Veloise wrote:

No ferries from the UP to Wisconsin. Probably not worth it to get
yourself to Ludington. Did you have a direction in mind (e.g.
Forum: Rides May 20th 07, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Michigan Upper Peninsula to Door County

On May 19, 9:13 pm, Veloise wrote:

No ferries from the UP to Wisconsin. Probably not worth it to get
yourself to Ludington. Did you have a direction in mind (e.g.
Forum: Rides May 20th 07, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Sweet Old Bob
Michigan Upper Peninsula to Door County

I'm thinking about (another!) ride around Lake Michigan, Chicago-to-
Chicago and was wondering if there's a way to find a ferry or boat of
some kind of transport to get from the Upper Peninsula to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31