Showing results 1 to 25 of 165
Search took 0.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bluezfolk
Forum: General June 7th 09, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By bluezfolk
Can You believe this guy?

On Jun 6, 9:17*pm, jonathan wrote:
This is how i am paying for my cycling fetish!

This will help you , just like it has helped me

Forum: General May 24th 09, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By bluezfolk
ID for Riding

On May 23, 11:21*am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On May 23, 12:27*am, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:

"Joy Beeson" wrote: * A label stuck inside the helmet costs...
Forum: General April 30th 09, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By bluezfolk
Avoiding patching a tube (anatomy of a flat)

On Apr 27, 9:29*am, dgk wrote:
Lots of posts on patching tubes lately. So, I did something last
weekend to try to avoid the need. I've noticed in the past that the
apparent...
Forum: Social Issues February 2nd 09, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 3
Posted By bluezfolk
How the Typical Mountain Biker Treats Horses and Other TrailUsers

On Feb 1, 12:26*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 06:35:41 -0800 (PST), bluezfolk
wrote:

On Jan 31, 11:09*pm, Mike Vandeman...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 2nd 09, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 50

wrote:

On Jan 31, 11:09*pm, Mike Vandeman...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 1st 09, 03:35 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 50
Posted By bluezfolk
How the Typical Mountain Biker Treats Horses and Other TrailUsers

On Jan 31, 11:09*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
\"I have lived in Marin since the 50s and have been riding horses here
--
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is...
Forum: Mountain Biking January 18th 09, 06:51 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Jan 17, 5:17*pm, Beej Jorgensen wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:

Tom Rodgers, 21, from Langcliffe, and his friend 18 year-old Ben
Ineson, from Selside,...
Forum: General January 15th 09, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By bluezfolk
bike locater cell phone

On Jan 14, 6:06*pm, ilaboo wrote:
anyone ever thaught of using a cell phone as a locator for a stolen
bike?

if the cell phone automatically sent out a email request say...
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 14th 09, 03:22 PM Posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 156
Posted By bluezfolk
How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

On Jan 13, 5:34*pm, !Jones' Sock Puppet wrote:
Actually, I kinda *like* men in tight, black panties... but, my
question has always been: How do you wear that stuff in public...
Forum: Techniques January 14th 09, 03:22 PM Posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 164
Posted By bluezfolk
How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

On Jan 13, 5:34*pm, !Jones' Sock Puppet wrote:
Actually, I kinda *like* men in tight, black panties... but, my
question has always been: How do you wear that stuff in public...
Forum: General January 6th 09, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By bluezfolk
Disc brakes

On Jan 4, 9:31*pm, " wrote:
I went and I read and it seems that disc brakes are not perfect. Never
have I heard of a front wheel making it past the 'Lawyer...
Forum: Rides January 2nd 09, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 3
Posted By bluezfolk
My Ninth New Years Day Century

On Jan 1, 7:15*pm, Ron Wallenfang wrote:
After failing last year due to a mechanical problem after 49 miles (a
3" long piece of flange broke off one of the rims), I got...
Forum: General December 27th 08, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By bluezfolk
Laser

On Dec 26, 3:36*am, sona wrote:
A laser is a device that emits light (electromagnetic radiation)
through a process called stimulated emission. The term "laser" is an
Forum: General December 26th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By bluezfolk
OT - Merry CHRISTmas

On Dec 25, 6:37*am, (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
Merry Christmas to all of RBM's cast of characters and may you all have
a cycling good year!

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

May...
Forum: Rides December 23rd 08, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By bluezfolk
Dynamo lighting

On Dec 23, 4:59*am, "Robert Norton" wrote:
Can anyone give me -in layman's terms-the extra effort required to propel
your bike with a typical tyre-driven dynamo? *Thanks...
Forum: General December 20th 08, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By bluezfolk
Lump Miles versus Intervals...

On Dec 18, 4:33*pm, " wrote:
Hello,

I'm curious about the difference of cycling, say, twenty miles in one
ride versus five miles in four ride. Both...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 17th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 10
Posted By bluezfolk
Cold Weather Breathing Aids?

On Dec 16, 4:35*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Since toasting my upper respiratory system some years back
(pneumonia.... great way to lose 35 pounds... not all that bad a
way to...
Forum: General December 10th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By bluezfolk
Happy Holidays

On Dec 9, 8:42*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * "PatTX" writes:

::
:: And a holiday in winter...
Forum: General December 2nd 08, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By bluezfolk
Annual Road-Find Thread

On Nov 30, 12:39*pm, wrote:
* *First of all, for those who recall that I was in a nasty crash three
months back, I'll announce that I rode a bike last week! *Just down...
Forum: General December 2nd 08, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By bluezfolk
How to convince parents and children not to ride on the sidewalk?

On Dec 1, 5:06*pm, SMS wrote:
In March, a 10 year old boy in the East Bay, riding his bicycle on the
sidewalk, was struck and killed when he rode off the sidewalk into...
Forum: General December 1st 08, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By bluezfolk
Best Way To Carry Pepper Spray ?

On Nov 28, 9:30*pm, Steve Sr. wrote:
Hello,

I hope that all of you had a happy Thanksgiving and got a chance to
ride off some of the excess!

Do any of you have any...
Forum: Social Issues November 29th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 11
Posted By bluezfolk
Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking

On Nov 28, 8:23*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking
Michael Vandeman, Ph.D.
Last Updated October 4, 2008

1. Why do people...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 29th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 12
Posted By bluezfolk
Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking

On Nov 28, 8:23*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking
Michael Vandeman, Ph.D.
Last Updated October 4, 2008

1. Why do people...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 23rd 08, 06:29 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By bluezfolk
A 1,000 mile year

On Nov 20, 10:04*pm, (J.D.
Baldwin) wrote:
Not as much as many, more than some ... but 1,000 trail miles in a
year is a lot for me. *I am happy:

* *...
Forum: Mountain Biking November 21st 08, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 13
Posted By bluezfolk
Bats versus bicyclists - Old W. Md. rail tunnel attracts both,but coexistence in doubt

On Nov 15, 7:58*pm, chatnoir wrote:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bay_environment/bal-te.md.bats...

headline:

Bats versus bicyclists