Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.82 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Checkernuts
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Checkernuts
36er, handlebars and bike seat??

I'm thinking that you might actually be able to use a TT bike seat and a
set of aero bars on a 36. It would take a bit of work to get the
geometry right for the aero bar position but I think there...
Forum: Unicycling November 22nd 08, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Checkernuts
Anyone know where I can get a German Wheel?

nick;1037338 wrote:
I called anchor already. I guess I was more wondering if anyone here had
one and had experience with ordering one.

Thanks to everyone who responded though!

To bring...
Forum: Unicycling November 20th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Checkernuts
To patch or not to patch...

I've had quite a few tires that are hard to get off, or hard to put on a
rim. This is the method that I use.

Make sure that all the air is out of the tube ( if its punctured you
can skip this step...
Forum: Unicycling October 1st 07, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 84
Posted By Checkernuts
RIP my domina frame

qhxakg wrote:
wow that is surprising. Since you bought it of xavier.

How is that surprising, yoggi is the man.

--
Checkernuts
Forum: Unicycling September 3rd 07, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Kris,

It has been said before but best of luck with the situation, it sounds
like you have everything in the best possible hands. An illustrated
muni book sounds like a great project to work on...
Forum: Unicycling May 27th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Checkernuts
Big Bear Lake, WV comp

I would love to go to this race but I'm already comitted to a MS ride
from Pittsburgh to Lake Erie.

The event is not far from all you Eastern PA/ DC riders perhaps some of
the hell on wheel crew...
Forum: Unicycling May 20th 07, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Checkernuts
Wheel build problem #2: Rim not round

I had a DX 32 a few years back... it needed redial truing from the box.
Its not that common with beefy rims but it does happen. I've always
done the same steps as what Ian said in the last post. It...
Forum: Unicycling May 20th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Checkernuts
New Bedford Girl?

.... this thread is why I don't post much any more

--
Checkernuts

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life...
Forum: Unicycling May 20th 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Checkernuts
funny unicycle tv promo -PAIN-

..... this thread is why I dont post much anymore

--
Checkernuts

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One...
Forum: Unicycling May 12th 07, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Checkernuts
New Bedford Girl?

Here in Pittsburgh a local artist has just completed a masterpiece. If
you thought the original bedford girl Betty was offensive just wait
till you see this.

The artwork is for sale I'm not sure...
Forum: Unicycling November 18th 06, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 98
Posted By Checkernuts
4th Annual Belle Isle Muni Weekend, Richmond VA

Is anyone up for a DC ride on Wend or Friday of next week... I don't
know the dates off hand and am too drunk/lazy to look them up but if
anyone is up for a street session I am...

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 9th 06, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By Checkernuts
New unicycle design

I don't know about a planet, but it looks like you can buy a star for
$54 (usd)

www.starregistry.com/

--
Checkernuts

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 06, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Checkernuts
Motorama is no more?

Wow, while I missed last year I was looking forward to motorama this
Feb.

I hope this is not the final word on a trials event and simply another
case of the rumor mill at work.

Does anyone have...
Forum: Unicycling October 17th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Checkernuts
12 Foot Unicycle Beer Bong Video on Youtube

Nice Jamey

I remember seeing video from unicon in washington of people doing beer
bongs in the parking lot, Its good to see that your parties are taking
beer to new heights.

That record of 5 beer...
Forum: Unicycling October 9th 06, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Checkernuts
Nimbus Hoppley VS. KH 07 trials

Sponge wrote:
The Hoppley is great to be honest, it's got an incredibly strong wheel.
It has the older undrilled KH rim on it which is probably the strongest
19" rim anywhere. The Nimbus frame...
Forum: Unicycling October 4th 06, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Checkernuts
These pedals any good?

tholub wrote:
I like the plastic Odysseys; they're dirt cheap and they work pretty
well. I don't think they'd stand up to a huge amount of abuse, but at
$11, buy two pair rather than spending...
Forum: Unicycling September 6th 06, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 32
Posted By Checkernuts
video: episode 8, bringing back the i in IUF

So after many posts typed and deleted I will try again.

For the last 4 years while I have been active in unicycling, I have
seen very little done from the IUF, or the USA (my national
orginization)...
Forum: Unicycling September 4th 06, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 84
Posted By Checkernuts
What is the product of your drop height, age, height, and weight?

1Million 518 Thousand and Change

If only I got fatter then maybe I can win.

--
Checkernuts

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will...
Forum: Unicycling August 29th 06, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Checkernuts
How often to lubricate your splines

Forgive me JC but I'm still a fan of using Finnish Line Grease w teflon.
I'm just not convinced that there is that much pressure on my splines
to warrent the icky nasty anti seize, its way expencive...
Forum: Unicycling July 28th 06, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Checkernuts
Problem with Nimbus Cranks, is this common?

Yea I checked all the kids frames to see if there was any problem with
riding them backwards (ie the left crank on the right side) but this
was not the case.

I'm going to email unicycle.com about...
Forum: Unicycling July 27th 06, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Checkernuts
Problem with Nimbus Cranks, is this common?

Yea, these are all square tapered cranks.

The problem is not with the crank comming loose, but rather it is with
the pedal interface.

I am sure that these kids are not riding them backwards that...
Forum: Unicycling July 27th 06, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Checkernuts
Problem with Nimbus Cranks, is this common?

I am working right now at a Unicycle Camp in California, alot of my
students have the nimbus trials uni.

The problem is that on the right hand crank the pedal is stripping the
threads from the...
Forum: Unicycling July 27th 06, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3