Showing results 1 to 25 of 70
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: A.C.P.Crawshaw
Forum: UK September 26th 08, 10:42 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 64
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
When shopping attacks

Rob Morley wrote:

It amazes me that people think it's a good idea to place an unstable
load where it can so easily cause loss of control.

Silliest thing I've seen is bloke cycling uphill...
Forum: UK September 26th 08, 10:17 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.railway
Replies: 13
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Carrying bikes on trains

Chris Tolley wrote:

Because most of the time they were empty.

Sometimes they were not:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3286/2844228180_463d8ed67c_o.jpg

(North Wales Coast loco-hauled, 2000)
Forum: UK September 5th 08, 04:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 18
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Hebrides tour TR

Roos Eisma wrote:

The main lesson is to carry some spare cables, they're cheap and light.

It's always the things you don't carry that fail. On Skye it was my front wheel rim,
this year our...
Forum: UK August 19th 08, 04:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 154
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Ho ho ho

nully wrote:

Not 20%, but 100% of speeding motorists are fined.

Utter ********. Not even 100% of motorists *caught* speeding are fined. I know several
people who've been let off with a warning.
Forum: UK August 18th 08, 01:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 135
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Cyclist in accident drives off

nully wrote:

So Paul, are you saying that a dog walker on the path has a 'duty of
care' to watch for cyclists moving faster than him, and to 'make way'
(for want of a better phrase) if one...
Forum: UK August 18th 08, 01:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 135
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Cyclist in accident drives off

nully wrote:

C'mon, get off your hobby horse and take a grip for a moment. This is a
*dog*, remember? Not an inanimate bike, a living *creature*.

So you stop each time you hit a slug when...
Forum: UK August 15th 08, 01:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
OT Inflation

Farting... jet propulsion to assist you up the hills
Forum: UK August 13th 08, 09:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Holyhead / Worcester

Robert Norton wrote:
Living in Dublin, I'm planning a solo trip from Holyhead to my relatives in
Worcs.(and back), allowing about 8 days and using B&B's. Anyone like to
suggest a good route?...
Forum: UK August 6th 08, 11:37 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 390
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Ouch @ Feltham

judith wrote:

I was told that this group was well known for the "zealots and ****wits" it attracted

Ah, so you decided to join them.
Forum: UK August 1st 08, 03:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 51
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
"Cycle safety called for"

judith wrote:

I despair over the rabid anti-helmet rants that there are in here.

I don't see any. I see a pro-helmet lobby trying to force their beliefs on others and a
pro-choice body of...
Forum: UK August 1st 08, 03:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 51
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
"Cycle safety called for"

judith wrote:

you can either promote cycling or promote helmets,
the two are incompatible.

What's this all about then? You come from nowhere and flood the group with hysterical
pro-helmet...
Forum: UK July 31st 08, 02:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 52
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
What king of newsgroup is this ??

Brian Goldsmith wrote:

I subscribed to this group about a week ago, but I don't see to much
about actual cycling.

I put my cycling holiday diaries on my website, it's a better medium than...
Forum: UK July 31st 08, 01:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 52
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
What king of newsgroup is this ??

Nuxx Bar wrote:

snip

Point made, Martin!
Forum: UK July 30th 08, 08:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Bikes on trains petitions

Paul Luton wrote:

If you want to take you bike on the train... you should sign this
government e-petition and write to your MP or the PM.

These petitions are counter-productive. Unless they...
Forum: UK July 7th 08, 02:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Hello, I am back

Shouldn't that be 'ello, 'ello, 'ello?
Forum: UK July 7th 08, 02:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Are You Anti-Motorist?

Nuxx Bar wrote:

snipped rubbish

You've not replied to my questions (about your motoring convictions) so why should I
reply to yours?
Forum: UK June 13th 08, 02:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Grrr. Temporary traffic lights.

Martin wrote:

The car (W481BFC) driver behind me then started honking his horn. When I
looked behind the passenger started pointing at the kerb. I carried on
an the driver lent on his...
Forum: UK June 5th 08, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Cycling wrong way up one way streets to be made legal

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:36:28 -0700 (PDT), Nuxx Bar
said in
:

Forum: UK June 5th 08, 11:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 66
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Cycling wrong way up one way streets to be made legal

Nuxx Bar wrote:

I think what you meant to say was "I can't show that there are any
negative consequences of exceeding the speed limit per se, so I hereby
admit that my support of speed...
Forum: UK June 4th 08, 01:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
How was your commute?

Plenty of gear talk in here but not much about riding. So how was your commute?

I woke 20 minutes earlier than normal so the initial two mile stretch of main road was
less busy than normal. I then...
Forum: UK June 4th 08, 01:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 61
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Don't feed Troll Nuxx

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

It also assumes tat Nuxxy's idiocy is confined to Usenet.

He appears not to post in any other usenet forums though... he's a strange bugger alright.
Forum: UK June 3rd 08, 09:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Who decided that all motorists were criminals?

Nuxxy, tell us what convictions you've had in the past five years so we can put your
whining into context.
Forum: UK May 30th 08, 03:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 25
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Anti-Motorist Measures Are Everywhe IT'S OFFICIAL

Sir Jeremy wrote:

Too many closed minds.

Not at all like yours then...
Forum: UK May 29th 08, 02:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 11
Posted By A.C.P.Crawshaw
Extortion Of 350UKP (But It's A Motorist So It's OK)

JNugent wrote:
A.C.P.Crawshaw wrote:

JNugent wrote:

If the depositing of bicycles on the footway, chaining them to public
or private property, etc were "restricted" (perhaps only...
Forum: UK May 29th 08, 10:37 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

JNugent wrote:

If the depositing of bicycles on the footway, chaining them to public or
private property, etc were "restricted" (perhaps only to a favoured few
local employees, councillors...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 70