Showing results 1 to 25 of 388
Search took 2.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Callistus Valerius
Forum: Racing July 27th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Callistus Valerius
evolution of a pro-cyclist....

There is no doubt that the cyclists at the tdf are the best of us, but how
much better is the question. When they are young they are "chosen" because
they're a hair better than the rest of us. Then...
Forum: Racing July 27th 07, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 109
Posted By Callistus Valerius
LeMond on Contador

LeMond said: "If Rasmussen got caught, and if you want to be equal, you
have
to implicate other riders, too.

"You have a lot of riders against whom there's a lot of evidence and
relations...
Forum: Racing July 26th 07, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Callistus Valerius
Lance update...

Lance is riding a tough Ragbrai stage today to Independence, Iowa.

go to this web page and check out his photos
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=ragbrai07_sp
lash

go...
Forum: Racing July 26th 07, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Callistus Valerius
Lean Chicken

Maybe now that he's out of the TdF he can go eat a burger or two.
-----------
Remember elefantino (little elephant) aka Marco Pantani? I fear a similar
fate for the chicken.
Forum: Racing July 26th 07, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Callistus Valerius
Why didn't Torreador Start in Yellow?

Custom dictates that is the yellow jersey wearer doesn't start, the
number 2 guy doesn't wear it until he is in the lead after the next
day...respect for the jersey altho seems most of these...
Forum: Racing July 26th 07, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Callistus Valerius
RAAM vs. TDF

Like "National Lampoon's Family Vacation" at 16.31 mph.
--------
That's what it is, if you aren't jacked up on something.
Forum: Racing July 26th 07, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 77
Posted By Callistus Valerius
When did you first suspect Michael Rasmussen was doping?

Funnily enough, today, after he fended off the attacks in the last stretch
of the steep mountains, and won the stage. (I was going to post here, "Is
he
on drugs?" and then the story broke.)...
Forum: Racing July 26th 07, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Callistus Valerius
RAAM vs. TDF

Now having watched both RAAM and TDF, the biggest difference between the two
races is at RAAM the first guy across the finish line wins. In the TDF it
could be the second, third or fourth guy across...
Forum: Racing July 25th 07, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
Posted By Callistus Valerius
CSC's ******* live update

from CSC live update on today's stage "66 km It was on Port de
Larrau, Miguel Indurain got dropped for good in 1996, when Bjarne Riis
attacked and formed a group of eight riders who reached...
Forum: Racing July 25th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Callistus Valerius
Criminals flee the police.....

French police busted into the Astana hotel rooms, only to find out that
most of the team had already fled in separate vehicles. The police then set
up a dragnet, and the road blocks caught these...
Forum: Racing July 24th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Callistus Valerius
Bruyneel is a genius.....

Bruyneel has written Levi off, and now it's all Albert. Watch them
inimidate Rasmussen into doing something stupid like covering himself with
t-patches before the final ITT. Then we'll see the roid...
Forum: Racing July 24th 07, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 52
Posted By Callistus Valerius
Can Contador win?

and I don't think that the
pace Levi would set would leave Rasmussen particularly vulnerable either.
Maybe if you gave Odessa a thong and an antler helmet to run alongside...
--------
Bravo, the...
Forum: Racing July 23rd 07, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Callistus Valerius
Lance is doing ragbrai.....

You'all wondered where Lance is.......

excerpt:

But I won't invest myself fully in another rider because even in middle age,
I don't want my innocence dashed by another drug scandal.

So instead of...
Forum: Racing July 22nd 07, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Callistus Valerius
Something rotten in Denmark.....

As the saying goes, there's something rotten in Denmark about Rasmussen's
domination. And also there's something rotten in Denmark about Discovery
having two in the top 4. If there is something...
Forum: Racing July 21st 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By Callistus Valerius
greg lemon was different

" greg lemon is not very well know in its country,usa, meanwhile he
remains a
legend here in Europe.
I have heard that lemon and amstrong don't appreciate them each other.
Amstrong has...
Forum: Racing July 21st 07, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 8
Posted By Callistus Valerius
ready to be enlightened....

This is why I come to rbr, so I can be enlightened, to learn something I
don't know. Unfortunately I come in here (rbr), and I find out I'm the
expert doing the educating, but after today's ITT...
Forum: Racing July 19th 07, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Callistus Valerius
Cause of Brazil crash?

excerpts:

According to the Brazilian press the runway was recently reopened after
repairs but had not yet been "grooved", a measure that helps pilots reduce a
plane's speed.

In an interview with...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 18th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to alt.music.rush,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By Callistus Valerius
for those considering to try MTBing.

Lots of people on this trail, and boy does it wind & weave, snake back
& forth. That's probably why it's popular, MTBing for those whom have
never done it, is like being on a roller coaster but...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 18th 07, 10:40 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 6
Posted By Callistus Valerius
Superbright led lights

-------------------
I use a DiNotte LED that works pretty good for a road bike. The problem
with LED's is that they can't focus the beams. The light just goes all
over
the place. For a...
Forum: Techniques July 16th 07, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Callistus Valerius
Shimano compact crank, bottom bracket noise ?

Anybody run into this "click" before- any comments on what it might be
or whether I should worry about it?

Try everything you can think of
out of the saddle
in the saddle
spinning
Forum: Mountain Biking July 16th 07, 03:12 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 18
Posted By Callistus Valerius
race kills woman cyclist

I checked out Vandeman's web site, and it is a work of a mad man,

Lack of specifics are a sure indication of BS. It means that you can't
defend your assertions.
---------
You have a delusion...
Forum: Racing July 16th 07, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24
Posted By Callistus Valerius
A real G'Day for the Australians

Did you know if you go to Australia, and order a Fosters at the bar,
they've
never heard of it? O'Grady will have some time now to enjoy those
wonderful
Australian beers, expect...
Forum: Racing July 15th 07, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 24
Posted By Callistus Valerius
A real G'Day for the Australians

According to a a Danish CSC press release, O'Grady has a punctured
lung, a broken collar bone, a broken shoulderblade, 5 broken ribs and
3 "tapper" in his back. It says it is important to...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 15th 07, 09:53 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 18
Posted By Callistus Valerius
race kills woman cyclist

Dick!

Quoted from a previous response to your attitude problem.

"Your problem, Callistus, is that you instantly assume that you are right
across the spectrum - which you aren't. YOU...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 15th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 18
Posted By Callistus Valerius
race kills woman cyclist

young people shouldn't race:

BRIMFIELD, ILL | Highland native Elizabeth Kobeszka -- a high school
valedictorian with a record of success and service -- died during a bicycle
race Saturday after she...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 388