Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Zen Cohen
Forum: General August 20th 07, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.revenge,nyc.bicycles,nyc.general,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Zen Cohen
What Would You Do With A Bicycle Thief??

"AustinMN" wrote in message ...
On Aug 20, 10:52 am, Prisoner at War
wrote:
So we must all fantasize about what to do if we ever catch...
Forum: General August 16th 07, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Zen Cohen
Rear wheel cyclometers with cadence recommendations? (for use regular biking or training)..

"markm75" wrote in message
Curious what everyone views as good cyclometers with rear wheel pickup
and...
Forum: General August 12th 07, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Zen Cohen
ed Inexpensive bike computer that will show calories burned?

wrote in message
Hi,

Does anybody have a recommendation for an inexpensive bike computer
that will...
Forum: General July 8th 07, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 25
Posted By Zen Cohen
Comfy performance bikes

I like to ride fast but now that I'm in my 40's my body doesn't withstand
the road shocks as well. Are bikes like Specialized Roubaix, Trek Pilot and
Cannondale Synapse really that more comfortable...
Forum: General July 7th 07, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 44
Posted By Zen Cohen
Help with clipless decision

wrote in message
..... How to learn? Does everyone fall in the beginning? ...FYI, I am a
slow learner, to...
Forum: Techniques July 4th 07, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Zen Cohen
Bicycle wreck-- need help

"Rodney Dunning" wrote in message
I'm riding a Scattante 560-R, a low-end road bike marketed by
Performance...
Forum: General July 3rd 07, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By Zen Cohen
What is bonking?

"me" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:00:49 -0400, Roger Zoul wrote:

I'm curious as to what people here think is bonking. What...
Forum: General July 3rd 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 12
Posted By Zen Cohen
Saw this one happen from a window at work

"John Thompson" wrote in message
Victims identified in car-bicycles crash; One dead, another in serious
condition

Forum: General July 3rd 07, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Zen Cohen
"Bonk" chart from Garmin GPS (was Bonking after 20 miles?)

Thanks for the helpful responses. Has anyone tried Garmin's GPS bike
computers? I got one for Father's Day and the info it yields is pretty
amazing. I uploaded the data from my "bonk" ride...
Forum: General July 2nd 07, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 27
Posted By Zen Cohen
Clip and Clipless Pedals Illegal on New York State Roadways!?

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
I'm not a lawyer, but I think I know this much. If a citation were...
Forum: General July 2nd 07, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Zen Cohen
Bonking after 20 miles?

Rode into the wind for 15 miles w/ about 16.5 mph pace. About 5 miles into
the return trip I felt very fatigued. My usual heartrate is around 155 bpm
and was having trouble sustaining a pace that...
Forum: Techniques June 26th 07, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Zen Cohen
Double to triple

Got a road bike with Ultegra and considering switching a triple for the
existing double. What parts have to be switched out to do that properly?
Thanks.
Forum: Racing June 22nd 07, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By Zen Cohen
what's your resting heart rate?

"Frank Drackman" wrote in message

"Zen Cohen" wrote in message
Forum: Racing June 21st 07, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By Zen Cohen
Is this a good deal?: New Fuji Team Pro Road Bike $1350

Thanks for the advice. I offered $1300 out the door and they accepted. This
ought to be a good entry-level carbon unit. Anybody wants a link to the bike
shop please let me know. It's in OC, CA.
Forum: Racing June 14th 07, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Zen Cohen
Is this a good deal?: New Fuji Team Pro Road Bike $1350

Thanks for the advice. I offered $1300 out the door and they accepted. This
ought to be a good entry-level carbon unit. Anybody wants a link to the bike
shop please let me know. It's in OC, CA.
Forum: Marketplace June 13th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Zen Cohen
Is this a good deal?: New Fuji Team Pro Road Bike $1350

I was wrong about the year. It's a 2006. Still...
Forum: Racing June 13th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Zen Cohen
Is this a good deal?: New Fuji Team Pro Road Bike $1350

I was wrong about the year. It's a 2006. Still...
Forum: Marketplace June 13th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Zen Cohen
Is this a good deal?: New Fuji Team Pro Road Bike $1350

"David Kerber" wrote in message
In article ,
Forum: Racing June 13th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Zen Cohen
Is this a good deal?: New Fuji Team Pro Road Bike $1350

"David Kerber" wrote in message
In article ,
Forum: Racing June 13th 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Zen Cohen
Is this a good deal?: New Fuji Team Pro Road Bike $1350

LBS is offering me this new 2007 Fuji Team Pro for $1350:
http://www.fujibikes.com/2007/bikes.asp?id=267&subcat= (or
http://tinyurl.com/2j6ejm)

Seems like a good deal. Comments?
Forum: Marketplace June 13th 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 14
Posted By Zen Cohen
Is this a good deal?: New Fuji Team Pro Road Bike $1350

LBS is offering me this new 2007 Fuji Team Pro for $1350:
http://www.fujibikes.com/2007/bikes.asp?id=267&subcat= (or
http://tinyurl.com/2j6ejm)

Seems like a good deal. Comments?
Forum: Racing May 31st 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Zen Cohen
Max heart rate

On May 30, 10:02 pm, Tom Kunich wrote:

[220-age] actually works pretty well if you're physically fit.

The guy who developed the formula would disagree with you:
Forum: General May 29th 07, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 66
Posted By Zen Cohen
The driver who hit me is taking it to court.

"Gooserider" wrote in message
I got a call from the State Trooper who worked my crash, informing me that
I need to be...
Forum: Racing May 29th 07, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 29
Posted By Zen Cohen
Max heart rate

I used to run a lot in my 30s and my heart rate would normally reach
somewhere in the 180-200 BPM range. I laid off for a few years bc of a bad
knee, gained too much weight, and now cycle for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27