Showing results 1 to 25 of 418
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: It's Chris
Forum: General October 13th 11, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By It's Chris
folding bike for touring

an excellent place for finding info on touring is
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com./ I've been using this site myself to
plan a cross country trip. it doesn't matter what you ride,
conventional, tandem...
Forum: Techniques December 8th 10, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By It's Chris
Stem mounted shifters

If you can find an old mid priced Schwinn (and I mean "old" and
"Schwinn" as in 1970's and Varsity), they came standard with stem
shifters. You might be able to modify the bracket they used.

-...
Forum: Techniques December 8th 10, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 71
Posted By It's Chris
mini pumps?

Too short; places hand too close to dog's mouth for safety.

CO2? Completely inneffective, I don't care how well it seened to work
for Roy Scheider, that's a myth!

- -
Compliments of:
"Your...
Forum: Techniques November 24th 10, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By It's Chris
Please help with a Christmas present.

Getting back on topic :-3):

Buy a 10 speed Shimano ATB cassette
and a long caged road derailleur (they
match the existing brifters)

11-34: 11-13-15-17-19-21-23-26-30-34Z
11-36:...
Forum: Techniques November 24th 10, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By It's Chris
Yet another alternative drive-train

Hey, get a big manufacturer to sponser some big name to win a few big
races on it and all the good little lemmings out there will line up to
buy it. That's how the bicycling market works.

And here...
Forum: Techniques November 23rd 10, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 28
Posted By It's Chris
Please help with a Christmas present.

I would like to upgrade a friends bike with some [much] lower gears as a
Christmas present. Currently he is operating with a Shimano Ultegra
system;

10 cog cassette.
Dual control levers.
Bontrager...
Forum: Racing July 25th 10, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By It's Chris
"My names Andy Schleck and I chose SRAM"

True, having Frank would have definitaly helped, but that would have
helped during the erntire tour, not just stage 19.

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to...
Forum: Racing July 25th 10, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By It's Chris
It's 2003 all over again?

And don't forget the carnage. In particular:

Beloki - 2003 (downhill, tar patch)
Schleck - 2010 (cobblestones)

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me...
Forum: Racing July 25th 10, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 15
Posted By It's Chris
TdF traditions

TdF traditions

Group: rec.bicycles.racing Date: Sat, Jul 24, 2010, 12:30pm (EDT-3)
From: (Amit*Ghosh):

dumbass,

these "unwritten rules" aren't arbitrary.
schleck...
Forum: Racing July 25th 10, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By It's Chris
"My names Andy Schleck and I chose SRAM"

Do you think I could have won the TDF if my @#$% chain hadn't jammed
during my breakaway attempt?

(I chose that heading solely to attract attention! This is an honest
question, not a flame against...
Forum: General April 25th 10, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By It's Chris
cassette bottom bracket

From: (landotter)
On Apr 20, 1:00*pm, (It's Chris) wrote:

It's more likely your crankset will
become obsolete before the bearings wear out....
Forum: Techniques April 20th 10, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By It's Chris
SPRING TIRE ?

The reason agricutural vehicles, dune buggies and other such vehicles
use ribbed tires in front is because the front wheels main purpose,
after holding up the fron of the vehicle that is, is to steer...
Forum: General April 20th 10, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By It's Chris
cassette bottom bracket

cassette bottom bracket

Group: rec.bicycles.misc Date: Thu, Apr 15, 2010, 9:31am (EDT-3) From:
(landotter) wrote:
It's going to be a rather easy part to find
for many...
Forum: Techniques March 28th 10, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By It's Chris
Baby's got a new pair of shoes

OOPS! Sorry about that. I got the Twin Hollow rims. Yeah, I know their
not the lightest design, but I like the center channel as it lets me
change tires without having to use tools.

- -
Compliments...
Forum: Techniques March 28th 10, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By It's Chris
Creaking Handlebars?

I had the same broblem with my last HB's, and NO amount of tightening
fixed it. Grease helped, but eventually the creaking would return. Same
story with wax. Eventually I solved the problem with a...
Forum: Techniques March 27th 10, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By It's Chris
Baby's got a new pair of shoes

Or rather feet. I just got finished lacing on a new pair of Velocity
(Velo City?) rims fo my tourer. I used the old hubs, but bought new DT
14g (2.0mm) stainless spokes/nipples (they're 80¢/spoke...
Forum: Techniques March 27th 10, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By It's Chris
RIP Phil Wood

From: (Tim*McNamara)

In article

,
brian roth
wrote:...
Forum: General March 26th 10, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By It's Chris
Alpha Lipoic Acid

thanks for the info guys :-3)

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net
Forum: General March 24th 10, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By It's Chris
Skateboard-use?

Here in The South? I think people would revert back to horses before
"degrading" themselves to commuting by bicycle. The world's most
efficient method of transportation here is still seen as little...
Forum: General March 24th 10, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By It's Chris
Alpha Lipoic Acid

I picked up a bottle of this in the vitimin section of the pharacy
today, the brief description on the bottle states it is used by the body
to help process sugar and metabolize glycogen. I tried...
Forum: General March 22nd 10, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By It's Chris
50,034

I think their is (or at least there was) a double century somewhere in
Virginia, but I have been unable to find the listing again. I doubt I
would be able to complete one anymore anyway. I find it...
Forum: General March 18th 10, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By It's Chris
50,034

Group: rec.bicycles.misc Date: Tue, Mar 16, 2010, 7:54pm (EDT-3) From:
(Ron*Wallenfang):

Good going!! How old are you? Any long
trips in there??

I an currently 52. And as...
Forum: General March 17th 10, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By It's Chris
50,034

50,034

Group: rec.bicycles.misc Date: Tue, Mar 16, 2010, 12:41pm (EDT-3) From:
wrote:
Is the total just an estimate or do you
use an odometer? How did you come up
with...
Forum: General March 16th 10, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By It's Chris
50,034

That's the mileage on my 1987 Schwinn Voyager frameset after last
Sunday's ride (more than any bike I've owned). Now grante, the original
components that went on that frameset came from an earlier...
Forum: General March 16th 10, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By It's Chris
Tandem speed vs. single-rider speed?

Wow. a lot of really scientific and technical answers to an Occam's
Razor question.

A tandem will go faster than a single speed because, as the original
poster already figured out, as there is more...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 418