Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.62 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gumby
Forum: Australia May 22nd 07, 12:35 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Gumby
Found an old bike

DeF wrote:
gravelmuncher wrote:
Actually, I was doing a job today for an old dude, and somehow the
conversation turned to cycling. He told me his son's old racer was
under the house and...
Forum: Australia April 17th 07, 03:11 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 16
Posted By Gumby
Sorry to talk about the weather but....

byron27 wrote:
Gumby Wrote:
byron27 wrote:
i could almost not miss the Perth weather if it is going to stay like
this.

In fact i can only tell the difference at the moment...
Forum: Australia April 17th 07, 03:09 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 30
Posted By Gumby
Paris-Roubaix WOOT!!

gravelmuncher wrote:
cfsmtb Wrote:
...should SO'G Day be actually the 15th? Or should the drinking session
extend for the entire week or as long as we see fit? ;)

Entire week for this...
Forum: Australia April 17th 07, 08:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Gumby
Vivente World randonneur

burnt wrote:
http://www.viventebikes.com/product/cid/6/category/WORLD%20RANDONNEUR/parent/0/t/product

Anyone checked these out? Ride report? Thinking of getting one, or
Surly Long haul...
Forum: Australia April 10th 07, 03:13 PM Posted to aus.bicycle

byron27 wrote:
i could almost not miss the Perth weather if it is going to stay like
this.

In fact i can only tell the difference at the moment because im not
getting physically...
Forum: Australia April 4th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By Gumby
Chain cleaning solvents

suzyj wrote:
Hi guys,

I used to use kerosene to clean my chains, but it became shockingly
expensive (nobody had it at the bowser anymore) so I changed to
petrodiesel, which has been pretty...
Forum: Australia March 26th 07, 02:38 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Gumby
Another BikeHike Video

DeF wrote:
((((º wrote:
Link is down for me.

Sorry about that, it's not working for me either.
Might need to wait a while although it's listed
as up on "My Video" page (with 4...
Forum: Australia March 21st 07, 04:08 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Gumby
Perth Freeway BikeHike Prang Video

No, not recently, due to where I chose to live. I suppose the 60,000 kms,
mostly commuting, in the previous ten years doesn't count.

Theo

given up resting on your deserved laurels....
Forum: Australia March 21st 07, 03:57 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Gumby
Perth Freeway BikeHike Prang Video

Also, riding
against the flow is not easy.

DeF

but much MUCH more exciting
Forum: Australia March 21st 07, 03:56 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Gumby
Perth Freeway BikeHike Prang Video

Theo Bekkers wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote:

Yes. It does show that the 'urban bicycle cowboy' attitude needs some
modification before we can all take to the roads at once.
Forum: Australia March 20th 07, 02:29 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Gumby
Perth Freeway BikeHike Prang Video

Theo Bekkers wrote:
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote:

I sometimes wonder whether these events don't give the public a bad
image of cyclists. I've been on a few in the past,...
Forum: Australia March 20th 07, 02:28 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Gumby
Perth Freeway BikeHike Prang Video

Theo Bekkers wrote:
Gumby wrote:
gplama wrote:
wtf? Did anyone stop to help? I'm sure there were people behind who
did but that vid doesn't give the rest of the pack (or the ride)...
Forum: Australia March 19th 07, 11:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Gumby
Freeway BikeHike Tunnel Video

DeF wrote:
For a video of the ride through the Northbridge
Tunnel, go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s38cwB3g4wg

No crashes in this one....

DeF.

You need another camera on your...
Forum: Australia March 19th 07, 09:21 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Gumby
Perth Freeway BikeHike Prang Video

DeF wrote:
DeF wrote:
From an earlier thread:
http://homepage.mac.com/duncan.farrow/iMovieTheater1.html

Couldn't get youtube to work but the above did.

Enjoy!

DeF.
Forum: Australia March 19th 07, 09:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

gplama wrote:
wtf? Did anyone stop to help? I'm sure there were people behind who
did but that vid doesn't give the rest of the pack (or the ride) a very
good image from my stand point.

Forum: Australia February 23rd 07, 10:50 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Gumby
Airheads on the Loose (PER)

Theo Bekkers wrote:
Gumby wrote:

Beavers wrote:

This afternoon while riding along the Esplanade through the gridlock
between William Street and Barrack Street, as I passed a car...
Forum: Australia February 22nd 07, 01:10 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Gumby
Airheads on the Loose (PER)

Beavers wrote:
This afternoon while riding along the Esplanade through the gridlock between
William Street and Barrack Street, as I passed a car with four young(ish)
women in it, one of them...
Forum: Australia January 1st 07, 06:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 0
Posted By Gumby
PER Raffles Bike Path

For those Perthites that go around the river...

http://atta.asn.au/bb/index.php?topic=270.0

Multiplex has been given final approval to complete the pedestrian/cycle
path between the new Raffles...
Forum: Australia December 14th 06, 03:52 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Gumby
Riding with a missing spoke

Grazza wrote:
"Gumby" stevendigitmckiernan@iinet-dot-net-dot-au wrote in message

Vincent Patrick wrote:

Travis...
Forum: Australia December 14th 06, 02:24 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Gumby
PER - Bicycle Transportation Alliance

Any people seen the jerseys? They have the WA State floral emblem,
Kangaroo Paw (Anigozanthus sp.) on the front and the WA state faunal
emblem, Numbat (Myrmecobius fasciatus) on the...
Forum: Australia December 14th 06, 01:34 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Gumby
SCUD The Society for Cutting Up Bicycles, is back...

the land surfer wrote:
"i can not get laid"

Here endeth the lesson.
Forum: Australia December 14th 06, 01:32 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Gumby
Riding with a missing spoke

Vincent Patrick wrote:
Travis wrote:

If its a spoke on the front wheel or the rear wheel opposite the hub
you probably only need a spoke key to do the repair.

That's what I've done...
Forum: Australia November 26th 06, 10:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Gumby
Stinky helmet

DeF wrote:
My main helmet is getting a bit whiffy. I notice it
every time I put in on. I've recently replaced all
the padding so it's not that. By careful sniffing
of various components,...
Forum: Australia November 20th 06, 12:37 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Gumby
PER-O'Brien Rd to be renamed Peter Brock Drive

This is for those chasps who ride 'Death Valley' up in Gidgegannup. Just
wondering if you knew that 'somebloke' has got a survey up to change the
names of Clenton and O'Brien Roads in Gidgegannup...
Forum: Australia October 16th 06, 02:04 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By Gumby
Bike wreck or vintage bling?

Peter Signorini wrote:
Well look what the cat dragged in!
http://sports.webshots.com/album/554869901OnlTIP

After all that roadie hot gear at the Bicycle Australia Show I decided to
check...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50